Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alperen Sengün with a very convincing performance in basketball champions league away in France. He made 20 points with high fgp, 2 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 steals. He was unstoppable under the rim and too smart for the opponent in the paint. Although he had always problems on the ft line he made 10/11 free throws and this is not a fluke performance since he showed it also in the turkish super league.

Hazer made also a very good game on both ends, very smart player who uses the open court very well. Only weakness of both is the 3 point shooting but i am sure Sengün will also shoot better soon. Great prospect, very hard worker, should lose weight.

Comment

• Akay had a game in ABA II and played just 15 minutes and made at least 4 points and 5 assists. I dont know though why he played just 15 minutes, maybe he is injured?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        Akay had a game in ABA II and played just 15 minutes and made at least 4 points and 5 assists. I dont know though why he played just 15 minutes, maybe he is injured?
        They played Borac who is absolutely destroying everyone in ABA2 and are prime candidate for promotion to ABA1. He is 2nd PG in the team behind Velikic, and when the second unit was on the floor, they were getting killed. So, the coach cut the minutes to the whole second unit ,(10-15 minutes max). The starting lineup all played 25-30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
          They played Borac who is absolutely destroying everyone in ABA2 and are prime candidate for promotion to ABA1. He is 2nd PG in the team behind Velikic, and when the second unit was on the floor, they were getting killed. So, the coach cut the minutes to the whole second unit ,(10-15 minutes max). The starting lineup all played 25-30 minutes.
          Oh great to see them competing against the favorite so well.

Comment

• News about two youth league player: Ömer Ege Peksari, guard former Efes and Bülent Hamza Celik, PF/C former Istanbul Basket were signed by Tofas Bursa. Fener still seems to be the strongest team but Tofas should give them a tough time. Bandirma after lifting almost all potential to the a team needs time to build up a new core.

Comment

• Okben Ulubay rescued obviously FMP to Overtime against Zvezda with a last second 3 pointer. His three pointer percentage increased the last games. What a pity i cant watch this game.

Comment

• OK its over. Zvezda won as accepted. The unofficial second team of Zvezda gave the first team a hard time. Ulubay again solid minutes with 19 points (4/8 three pointer), 5 rebounds and 4 assists. I wonder if Sarica is gonna call him to national team.

Comment

• BTW akay isnt playing in the serbian league, maybe he has really a slight injury.

Comment

• Yurt7 also played yesterday for Georgetown and had a solid game. 19 points with 70% fgp, 9 rebounds and 2 assists. Especially his turn around mid range jumper looks very solid

Comment

OK its over. Zvezda won as accepted. The unofficial second team of Zvezda gave the first team a hard time. Ulubay again solid minutes with 19 points (4/8 three pointer), 5 rebounds and 4 assists. I wonder if Sarica is gonna call him to national team.
                      He played an excellent game, not only offensively. The guys he was guarding had a tough time all game. Davidovac did come at him at the end, but most of the game he was very solid. Kid is a gamer.

Comment

Yurt7 also played yesterday for Georgetown and had a solid game. 19 points with 70% fgp, 9 rebounds and 2 assists. Especially his turn around mid range jumper looks very solid
                        He was on the roster of 12, but didn't enter the game. Coach once again went with short rotation. 10 players got minutes, but in reality 95% of the minutes by 7 players.

Comment

• For the guys who never saw Ulubay playing in Serbia... his mom made a highlight video

Comment

For the guys who never saw Ulubay playing in Serbia... his mom made a highlight video

Apparently he didn’t take his insane athleticism with him to Belgrade. Those days long gone?

Comment

• Big interview of Ulubay in Serbia's biggest sports daily newspaper. He is very satisfied in FMP, loves his teammates, addresses big compliments to the coach and would like to play for zvezda in the future.

Very interesting point: Young Serbian players are in his eyes much bigger fighters than Turkish ones. He considers this a big difference and wants to try to absorb this mentality. Trainings harder than in Turkey. Hardest opponents to guard: Baron and Blazic. Biggest friends in team: Radanov (in my opinion best FMP player) and Djordjevic, he loves Belgrade and has huge respect for FMP system which brought big names to international scale.

He seems to be a quite intelligent guy. Serbia was maybe a difficult step but on the other hand for him for sure the right one. I wish him all the best and became a fan of his game. He has to work. Everything else will come.

Comment

• Katastroika, CoachZ. thank you very much guys, really appreciate these insights. I'm sure very few people in bball cycles in Turkey are even aware Ulubay is in Serbia.

I also thought his observations were smart in that interview, and it's great to see he's inspired by the fighting spirit of his Serbian peers. His points about transitioning from youth to senior categories are so valid that his (and Akay's or Mestoglu's) choices of leaving home teams makes total sense.
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information