Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Turkish Prospects

Turkish teams have been doing great in europe as well with solid contribution from turkish prospects. Tofas Bursa beat Partizan who is proclaimed to be the favorite of the title. Especially Muhsin Yasar played a great game defensively. Very good position knowledge despite having slow legs. Berk Ugurlu also made the next step. He is a midget also for a pg but very strong and agile what makes him a very good defender, he also turned to a very clear shooter from a non shooter. Leaving Fener was the best he could have done...

Berkan Durmaz had also stepped up before he got injured. Muhaymin Mustafa had a great start but disappeard again after getting injured two weaks ago. I am entirely satisfied with our Tofas prospects

My Bandirma is a story for itself. This team has been playing with 16/17 year old guys from the bench and hasnt struggled at all. Especially Sehmus Hazer stepped up as a scorer although he slowed down a bit in the last 2-3 games. Sehmus shows signs getting a solid combo guard. A high Energy guy who can play p&r but also still too hasty and cant make always the right decision and forces situations too much.

Saw my progidy Sengün struggling the first time in CL and BSL. He is solid defensively but doesnt work with the team offensively. In other words he gets hardly the ball under the rim also because he is struggling against longer and stronger guys. Having 15 minutes from the bench is great for a 17 year old guy anyway.

Kartal Özmizrak had a great game in Eurocup too after his weak start in the league and brought a very precious win almost by himself. Dacka is doing better than i expected tbh.

I am unfortunately not satisfied with the role of Yigit Arslan with Galatasaray.

Yigit Arslan is the most important player in this list for turkish basketball for the next 1-2 years. He has clear EL-potential. Poor man´s Bogdan Bogdanovic with great intensity on defense. But we know turkish players have no chance in Turkey. For GS he has a small role as spot up shooter but he can much more, he had a great summer. One of the most important things is he can create for others, that is new in his game and we are missing exactly those kind of players the most.

Alperen Sengün´s place is the 2nd division. I think even now he is able to show 20/10 games in the 1st division if he gets enough playing time and touches but important is how you do that. He has to lose weight and to improve his shot and for that he needs the opportinity and the time. These things are important and not to play with a age of 17 in the 1st division. Sadik Kabaca is one of the most talented bigs in turkish bb but first of all he has to learn how to play a basketball match and he can learn this in the 2nd division not in the 1st division.

The U15 NT had a tournament. 14 players.

Damir Uz(4/5, Bandirma), Emir Arda Sivas(1, Bandirma)
    Kaan Berk Tarla(2, Efes), Berke Zorlu(4/5, Efes), Tolga Öz(4/3, Efes), Berkay Dönmez(3/2, Efes)
    Kaan Karakurdu(2/1, FB)
    Ahmet Ata Özbek(4/3, BJK)
    Kerem Öge(3, KSK)
    Özgür Cengiz(1, Rota Koleji Izmir)
    Can Cevikel(2, Tofas), Arda Konuk(2, Tofas), Alparslan Efe Gülden(4, Tofas), Evren Demirci(5/4, Tofas)

Berkay Dönmez had a great summer and now he is a very interesting prospect, i think at this stage he is the most interesting player after Ata Özbek, Berkay´s problem is that he is yet almost too big for a SG/SF, he is already over 195 and bodywise he is latebloomer. In this roster we will see some changes in the next stages because this generation has many talented kids. Ahmet Ali Oralkan(4/3) is now FB-player and has this https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vQQ22IN8f/ crazy athleticism. With this athleticism his place is safe in this generation. He isn´t an earlybloomer, his body is very thin and he is very childish, just crazy with 14. Ali Oralkan is a Turk, not syrer. He has a twin brother, also bbplayer.

My team Bandirma with a convincing win over Antep with Rich and Buva. Bandirma is turning out to be a great team with a good spirit and chemistry. Also Sengün made a good game with 7 points and 5 rebounds and 1 block if i am not mistaken. He is definitely adapting to the hard bsl atmosphere which is great. A midrange jumper with the time being should be implementable.

Bona also played BSL today. It was just 8 Minutes trash time but he made his first 2 points. Nice touch around the rim. Must still work on his touch though. If he can implement putting the ball on the floor like giannis or similar a great carrier is waiting for him. Shooting is also improvable and much better than Giannis back then but he is resembling more and more Capela so every inch in addition will higher up his draft seed.

Stand now i would say first 20

Ulubay is getting more and more minutes in FMP and seems that Jovanovic trusts him. He is a starter with 25 minutes a game, he gets 8-9 shots a game so a solid contributor. He has been piss poor shooting and scoring but everything else he is doing really well and he is important for the team. He is kind of like Davidovac-lite for FMP but he a worse shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Ulubay is getting more and more minutes in FMP and seems that Jovanovic trusts him. He is a starter with 25 minutes a game, he gets 8-9 shots a game so a solid contributor. He has been piss poor shooting and scoring but everything else he is doing really well and he is important for the team. He is kind of like Davidovac-lite for FMP but he a worse shooter.
    Thank you. I was wondering what the hell he was up to, with the millions he got from Dacka without playing last year. His issue has always been more mental than talent, I hope this FMP experience does him good.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Thank you. I was wondering what the hell he was up to, with the millions he got from Dacka without playing last year. His issue has always been more mental than talent, I hope this FMP experience does him good.
    He knew he screwed it in Turkey and chose a path abroad. The talent is there but his attitude will prevent him having a decent career. I doubt he learned his lesson...

We have too many guys on three. Furkan Korkmaz, Cedi Osman, Yigit Arslan, Tarik Biberovic, Muhaymin Mustafa, Tolga Gecim, Metecan Birsen so idc much about him because he was my biggest disappointment. If he pulls himself together its great to have another option but what we need are Bigs and Play maker.

Comparing what I've seen of Ulubay he is nothing worse than Birsen, completely different opinion about those two, if I'm a coach I chose Ulubay.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Comparing what I've seen of Ulubay he is nothing worse than Birsen, completely different opinion about those two, if I'm a coach I chose Ulubay.
    Agree. Despite his shooting struggles, he seems willing to do the little things right and work for the team. His basketball IQ seems OK as well, which is quite important for players that have that jack-of-all-trades master-of-none skillset.

Another double double for Yurt7 with 15 points, and 13 rebounds (10 offensive), one Block and Assist. Nevertheless it was not his best day. His team couldnt stretch the floor so he had to fight with helping defense. Seems to be adapted to the fast game in ncaa. Ewing gave him a more rounded game for a center for sure...

Yurt made a very good second half game against Duke. I say second half because he was fouled out with two fouls in the first 6 minutes. He ended the game with 21 points (9/13 fgp) 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 4 blocks.

Very good season start of Metecan Birsen. I always said it. He is in my point of view one of the best 3 turkish 95 born and younger guys. Can do everything on the floor with 206 cm just his shoot percentage is still not acceptable. His biggest problem was always focussing. He slept every second offense on the court last season with efes. Apperantly he found his home in karsiyaka, always toxic in defense and full focus, carried his team scoringwise too with 21 points, 13 rebounds and 2 assists.

Can be used as power forward in the NT. If he can draw his shooting percentage ever around 40% i am sure hell land in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
    Yigit Arslan is the most important player in this list for turkish basketball for the next 1-2 years. He has clear EL-potential. Poor man´s Bogdan Bogdanovic with great intensity on defense. But we know turkish players have no chance in Turkey. For GS he has a small role as spot up shooter but he can much more, he had a great summer. One of the most important things is he can create for others, that is new in his game and we are missing exactly those kind of players the most.

Alperen Sengün´s place is the 2nd division. I think even now he is able to show 20/10 games in the 1st division if he gets enough playing time and touches but important is how you do that. He has to lose weight and to improve his shot and for that he needs the opportinity and the time. These things are important and not to play with a age of 17 in the 1st division. Sadik Kabaca is one of the most talented bigs in turkish bb but first of all he has to learn how to play a basketball match and he can learn this in the 2nd division not in the 1st division.

The U15 NT had a tournament. 14 players.

Damir Uz(4/5, Bandirma), Emir Arda Sivas(1, Bandirma)
    Kaan Berk Tarla(2, Efes), Berke Zorlu(4/5, Efes), Tolga Öz(4/3, Efes), Berkay Dönmez(3/2, Efes)
    Kaan Karakurdu(2/1, FB)
    Ahmet Ata Özbek(4/3, BJK)
    Kerem Öge(3, KSK)
    Özgür Cengiz(1, Rota Koleji Izmir)
    Can Cevikel(2, Tofas), Arda Konuk(2, Tofas), Alparslan Efe Gülden(4, Tofas), Evren Demirci(5/4, Tofas)

Berkay Dönmez had a great summer and now he is a very interesting prospect, i think at this stage he is the most interesting player after Ata Özbek, Berkay´s problem is that he is yet almost too big for a SG/SF, he is already over 195 and bodywise he is latebloomer. In this roster we will see some changes in the next stages because this generation has many talented kids. Ahmet Ali Oralkan(4/3) is now FB-player and has this https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vQQ22IN8f/ crazy athleticism. With this athleticism his place is safe in this generation. He isn´t an earlybloomer, his body is very thin and he is very childish, just crazy with 14. Ali Oralkan is a Turk, not syrer. He has a twin brother, also bbplayer.

Hi TurkfromGermany,

Do you know anything about Eren Deniz (2004) of Fenerbahçe u-16. Appanrently he has good numbers this season I have neber heard of him before.
    And what about the Nigerian origin players in Turkey, What are they up to lately, any news?

Metecan is a highly overrated player. For turkish bb he is just as PF important but in KSK he is fulltime SF.......very stupid from Ufuk Sarica.

Metecan is so highly overrated because of Jonathan Givony, i was a big fan of Metecan until U16, summer 2011. He was a copy of Emir Preldzic but never ever so talented as Preldzic. I don´t think he was more talented as for example Uros Trifunovic or Efe Tahmaz(i don´t know his current situation). Draftexpress didn´t knew that Okben schooled even the U16-Metecan despite Okben is 13 months younger. Jonathan Givony would never again hype a prospect with no ability to beat his opponent on 1-1 and with decent athleticism. After summer 2011(after U16) Metecan had lost his handling and speed and then he was this passive player, until U16 his playing style was the copy of Preldzic´s.

@gockun, i´m not a fan of Eren Deniz, at this stage he is a typical turkish big with no real talent but maybe it can be change, he is born in late August, is over 200 and he can shoot 3´s. At this stage the bigs for the 04 generation are Hamza Mestoglu & Berke Büyüktuncel, both are very talented for turkish standards. Hamza Mestoglu got banned from TBF because he left Teksüt Bandirma and is now player of Murcia.
    The highly interesting SG of Fener, Göktug Efe Gücoglu(04) is in the USA, no surprise if he would lost his talent in just 1 year.

The nigerian player of Tofas got the turkish passport but he is not in the nt and also not in the U19, he is in A-team of Tofas.

We don´t need Tarik Biberovic, Bona etc. if you want to see talent you can follow turkish prospects https://www.instagram.com/ataaozbek/ https://www.instagram.com/demirdogan13/

Metecan is a highly overrated player. For turkish bb he is just as PF important but in KSK he is fulltime SF.......very stupid from Ufuk Sarica.

Metecan is so highly overrated because of Jonathan Givony, i was a big fan of Metecan until U16, summer 2011. He was a copy of Emir Preldzic but never ever so talented as Preldzic. I don´t think he was more talented as for example Uros Trifunovic or Efe Tahmaz(i don´t know his current situation). Draftexpress didn´t knew that Okben schooled even the U16-Metecan despite Okben is 13 months younger. Jonathan Givony would never again hype a prospect with no ability to beat his opponent on 1-1 and with decent athleticism. After summer 2011(after U16) Metecan had lost his handling and speed and then he was this passive player, until U16 his playing style was the copy of Preldzic´s.

@gockun, i´m not a fan of Eren Deniz, at this stage he is a typical turkish big with no real talent but maybe it can be change, he is born in late August, is over 200 and he can shoot 3´s. At this stage the bigs for the 04 generation are Hamza Mestoglu & Berke Büyüktuncel, both are very talented for turkish standards. Hamza Mestoglu got banned from TBF because he left Teksüt Bandirma and is now player of Murcia.
    The highly interesting SG of Fener, Göktug Efe Gücoglu(04) is in the USA, no surprise if he would lost his talent in just 1 year.

The nigerian player of Tofas got the turkish passport but he is not in the nt and also not in the U19, he is in A-team of Tofas.

We don´t need Tarik Biberovic, Bona etc. if you want to see talent you can follow turkish prospects https://www.instagram.com/ataaozbek/ https://www.instagram.com/demirdogan13/

wow man, thank you for the great insight!

Bona with a great game today. Watched a full game of him after a while now. He has developed a better allround offense, has a better feeling for the game, doesnt get screen fouls anymore. His release look smooth and not that broken anymore. His development is really insane. I can remember his first game against Norhern Macedonia and compared to now its really unbelievable how quick he learns

To his stats: 24 Points 70% fgp (1/1 3 Pointer), 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 6 blocks and 3 turnover.

If he can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot its over it seems. He must have worked like there is no tomorrow for him.

Hamza Mestoglu got banned from TBF because he left Teksüt Bandirma and is now player of Murcia.
    this seems to be a trend these days, kids leaving for abroad. Mestoglu was impressive in u16, and I'd like to think ACB is a better place to grow than the joke league of ours, the TBL.

Why is the ban though? I of course appreciate Bandirma, but they're acting weird. their low punch to Tolga Gecim a few weeks ago was an embarassment, imho.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    this seems to be a trend these days, kids leaving for abroad. Mestoglu was impressive in u16, and I'd like to think ACB is a better place to grow than the joke league of ours, the TBL.

Why is the ban though? I of course appreciate Bandirma, but they're acting weird. their low punch to Tolga Gecim a few weeks ago was an embarassment, imho.
    Spain is not Real Madrid. He is in Murcia and of course its his decision but its also respectless to escape without saying anything. Bandirma put much money and effort for his development and got nothing out of him. Its not just him its also the same about Gecim, Metehan Akyel or Cem Ulusoy. You cant raise them, take the risks letting them play when they are young and got nothing out of them. Youth work isnt working that way.

Tibet Görener made his first game for Orange Lutheran btw. He made 28 points and was top scorer. He is not as dominant as Furk back then in the youth but i am sure he is the prospect with the highest ceiling ever but he still has many problems, his main problem is weight like almost all turkish player. He is still very skinny but also growing. We need to wait 2 more years to have a clear pic about him.

Ulubay played team-high 32 minutes for FMP this weekend in a 86-81 loss to Primorska in ABA League. He shot well, 13 points of 2/2 for 2 points and 3/6 for 3pts. The worst part was that he had team high 4 turnovers. Defensively he struggled, as the whole team did and didn't much in terms of creating for others or contributing on the boards.

He has the confidence of the coach though, so he will be getting heavy minutes the rest of the season. This is always a good thing for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Ulubay played team-high 32 minutes for FMP this weekend in a 86-81 loss to Primorska in ABA League. He shot well, 13 points of 2/2 for 2 points and 3/6 for 3pts. The worst part was that he had team high 4 turnovers. Defensively he struggled, as the whole team did and didn't much in terms of creating for others or contributing on the boards.

He has the confidence of the coach though, so he will be getting heavy minutes the rest of the season. This is always a good thing for a player.
    The more I watch him the more I like him. He has a strange attitude and looks very passive but looking for details he seems to be a very good teammate. Jovanovic is talking a lot with him during breaks, timeouts. I am pretty sure he likes his development.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast