This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
    Hamza Mestoglu got banned from TBF because he left Teksüt Bandirma and is now player of Murcia.
    this seems to be a trend these days, kids leaving for abroad. Mestoglu was impressive in u16, and I'd like to think ACB is a better place to grow than the joke league of ours, the TBL.

Why is the ban though? I of course appreciate Bandirma, but they're acting weird. their low punch to Tolga Gecim a few weeks ago was an embarassment, imho.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
      this seems to be a trend these days, kids leaving for abroad. Mestoglu was impressive in u16, and I'd like to think ACB is a better place to grow than the joke league of ours, the TBL.

Why is the ban though? I of course appreciate Bandirma, but they're acting weird. their low punch to Tolga Gecim a few weeks ago was an embarassment, imho.
      Spain is not Real Madrid. He is in Murcia and of course its his decision but its also respectless to escape without saying anything. Bandirma put much money and effort for his development and got nothing out of him. Its not just him its also the same about Gecim, Metehan Akyel or Cem Ulusoy. You cant raise them, take the risks letting them play when they are young and got nothing out of them. Youth work isnt working that way.

Comment

• Tibet Görener made his first game for Orange Lutheran btw. He made 28 points and was top scorer. He is not as dominant as Furk back then in the youth but i am sure he is the prospect with the highest ceiling ever but he still has many problems, his main problem is weight like almost all turkish player. He is still very skinny but also growing. We need to wait 2 more years to have a clear pic about him.

Comment

• Ulubay played team-high 32 minutes for FMP this weekend in a 86-81 loss to Primorska in ABA League. He shot well, 13 points of 2/2 for 2 points and 3/6 for 3pts. The worst part was that he had team high 4 turnovers. Defensively he struggled, as the whole team did and didn't much in terms of creating for others or contributing on the boards.

He has the confidence of the coach though, so he will be getting heavy minutes the rest of the season. This is always a good thing for a player.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
            Ulubay played team-high 32 minutes for FMP this weekend in a 86-81 loss to Primorska in ABA League. He shot well, 13 points of 2/2 for 2 points and 3/6 for 3pts. The worst part was that he had team high 4 turnovers. Defensively he struggled, as the whole team did and didn't much in terms of creating for others or contributing on the boards.

He has the confidence of the coach though, so he will be getting heavy minutes the rest of the season. This is always a good thing for a player.
            The more I watch him the more I like him. He has a strange attitude and looks very passive but looking for details he seems to be a very good teammate. Jovanovic is talking a lot with him during breaks, timeouts. I am pretty sure he likes his development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
              The more I watch him the more I like him. He has a strange attitude and looks very passive but looking for details he seems to be a very good teammate. Jovanovic is talking a lot with him during breaks, timeouts. I am pretty sure he likes his development.
              He always had this weird "what do I care" attitute. Actually this attitute killed his development so far.
              Last edited by Toruko; 11-26-2019, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Toruko will be happy. Ulubay looked very good vs. Zadar. Going to Serbia was the right step and chosing FMP the right club for his career development. I saw him smiling and celebrating at the bench when his teammates scored which made me laugh because of the mentioned "I don't have feelings" expression he usually has. Maybe his train isn't gone as you supposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                  Toruko will be happy. Ulubay looked very good vs. Zadar. Going to Serbia was the right step and chosing FMP the right club for his career development. I saw him smiling and celebrating at the bench when his teammates scored which made me laugh because of the mentioned "I don't have feelings" expression he usually has. Maybe his train isn't gone as you supposed.
                  Yeah I checked the stats. 16 points and 4 assists in 20 minutes are great stats but no need to get overhyped but i am happy for him if he found a home in FMP. I secretly hoped that he finally could take his career seriously. The general problem of turkish prospects... they dont start playing with small teams where they can have a bigger role. Thats why I expect Akay to be our next starting point guard in some years.

I will shake all the hands of the personal trainers of Akays, Ulubays and hopefully also Efe Tahmazes if they turned out to be useful for the nt in the future. I know that turkish trainers have still loads of to learn...

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko

I will shake all the hands of the personal trainers of Akays, Ulubays and hopefully also Efe Tahmazes if they turned out to be useful for the nt in the future. I know that turkish trainers have still loads of to learn...
                    Let's add Mestoglu to the list

As for the previous discussion, I immensely respect Banvit for what they have been doing with the kids, but Geçim's case was unexpectedly ugly. They also need to give a correct message to their players.

Yurtseven was condemned as traitor for example, but I think he learnt from the experiences of Kuqo and Kanter who were both blocked by Fener from playing in the NCAA. Not sure if it was the wisest decision but he thought he had to run asap, which is understandable.

Now, Banvit should not be a place to escape, too.

Comment

Let's add Mestoglu to the list

As for the previous discussion, I immensely respect Banvit for what they have been doing with the kids, but Geçim's case was unexpectedly ugly. They also need to give a correct message to their players.

Yurtseven was condemned as traitor for example, but I think he learnt from the experiences of Kuqo and Kanter who were both blocked by Fener from playing in the NCAA. Not sure if it was the wisest decision but he thought he had to run asap, which is understandable.

Now, Banvit should not be a place to escape, too.
                      I don't know about Kuqo, but How a team can block a player from playing in NCAA? Enes Kanter obviously earned mony before going NCAA which has strickt regulations about professionalism. İf he had never played in NCAA it was only because his fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by gockun View Post
                        I don't know about Kuqo, but How a team can block a player from playing in NCAA? Enes Kanter obviously earned mony before going NCAA which has strickt regulations about professionalism. İf he had never played in NCAA it was only because his fault.
                        well, not just by providing documents "as requested", but by actively trying to prove the said-player earned money. it's a message, and IMO this was the reason Yurtseven left, so he could escape with a short suspension (9 games).

Kuqo was going to play for Bobby Knight in the NCAA. By his account, he was thrilled and nobody expected any issues until Fener reached the NCAA and notified the authorities in the meantime, so Kuqo got a 30-game penalty which would have costed him nearly a full season. So, he did not stay.

Comment

well, not just by providing documents "as requested", but by actively trying to prove the said-player earned money. it's a message, and IMO this was the reason Yurtseven left, so he could escape with a short suspension (9 games).

Kuqo was going to play for Bobby Knight in the NCAA. By his account, he was thrilled and nobody expected any issues until Fener reached the NCAA and notified the authorities in the meantime, so Kuqo got a 30-game penalty which would have costed him nearly a full season. So, he did not stay.
                          so you mean NCAA has a strickt rule but management is so lazy and don't look into a player's situation unless informed.

by the way do you even hear yourself? You mean all of these players has not breached any rule wall but Fener management somehow made NCAA to make up some ban huh?
                          Last edited by gockun; 11-30-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

this seems to be a trend these days, kids leaving for abroad.
                            The reason is there are not succesful turkish rolemodels. Turkish player in turkish league has the tasks to do what the foreign players give you, always a limited role etc . Always wrong decisions of the clubs/coaches etc. Teksüt Bandirma has 3 hungry players with potential(Ridvan Öncel, Erkan Yilmaz, Sehmus Hazer) but their position is full of foreign players. Coach Hakan Demir doesn´t want to give Erkan Yilmaz a fair chance etc. Players like Atakan Erdek, Furkan Haltali with no future getting playing time etc. Alperen Sengün had 60 games last season and no time to lose weight and work on his shot etc. This season Alperen is in A-team and therefore again no time to work on his red flags etc. etc. etc............

Efe Tahmaz, Mert Akay, Hamza Mestoglu don´t want end like this therefore they left the country.

If Hamza Mestoglu can reach a solid height for a PF/C he has the chance to be a very solid player. Of course Bandirma´s youth is much stronger as Murcia´s but this is not important, important is which chances will give you your team in 2-3 years. In this season he would had more than 70 games(TBL-U19-and U16 turkish championship). Hamza is a slow footed player in defense but in Spain he will have a better chance to work on this.

Probably Alperen Sengün has the chance to be the MVP of U18 championship next year but we will again see an overweight Alperen and bad shooter but turkish people will think all is great he is MVP, best player etc. Important is to dominate in a way you can translate it to the pro level therefore he needs the shot. Egemen Güven impressed me in summer 2012(U16) much more as in summer 2014(U18) because he was much more versatile in the offense as 2 years later.

We had a tournament with the 04 generation, i think this generation should be on the level of the 95-97 generations. At this stage i don´t see a big prospect but the generation is full of solid players. I´m very happy about one difference compared to the previous generations. In this generation our players are much more offensive oriented. At U16 the 95 had 2 big prospects, Metecan Birsen and Kenan Sipahi(both were overrated, from me too), Ayberk Güleryüz(PF), Emircan Kosut(C/PF), Kartal Özmizrak(PG), Cedi Osman(back then SG). This current generation has at this stage Berke Büyüktuncel(PF), Haktan Yavas(SF), Eray Büyükcangaz(PG/F), Derin Mark Saran(still too small therefore not in nt, PG), Hamza Mestoglu(PF/C), Efe Tahmaz(F/G), Göktug Gücoglu(SG) and maybe Tolga Kay(G). If we control carefully the G/F´s of the 95-97 generations we will see just 3 players which were good offensive players, Okben Ulubay, Egehan Arna, Furkan Korkmaz. I hoop we will see more offensive power in the next generations.

Comment

• It seems Akay had a good game in the serbian league against Novi Pazar at least until the fourth quarter

16 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists but also 4 turnover.

Comment

• Originally posted by gockun View Post
                                so you mean NCAA has a strickt rule but management is so lazy and don't look into a player's situation unless informed.
                                this is more or less what I'm saying. it's not laziness though, but it's extremely difficult for them to figure out the payment details unless it's a pro-contract or unless it's provided. It's difficult to find this out even for EL players, let alone youngsters who, by NCAA rules, cannot get any payment/support except for educational fees.

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                                by the way do you even hear yourself? You mean all of these players has not breached any rule wall but Fener management somehow made NCAA to make up some ban huh?
                                I did not say they hadn't breach the rules. They all did (Sinan Guler, Engin Atsur, etc etc must have, too, we're usually talking about peanuts of money, 10-20k USD). But NCAA could not have found out. Now, you can say Fener did the right thing. The result is the same; the message is clear to whomever has aspirations to play in the NCAA, "you cannot".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information