X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gockun View Post
    Another Ersan then?
    Too early to claim something

His Turkified name is going to be Umar Uzoğlu. According to his coach, even Ataman watched him personally and really liked what he saw.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Mert Akay got injured yesterday during the game against Metalac and it didnt look very good. In the worst case it was his last game for Dynamic since hell leave the team after this season.

Comment

• Mert Akays injury is severe as expected and he wont return this season. He is expected to return in 8 month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          Mert Akays injury is severe as expected and he wont return this season. He is expected to return in 8 month.
          Sad to read this. Wish him good recovery. I suppose ACR torn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
            Sad to read this. Wish him good recovery. I suppose ACR torn?
            thats right.

Comment

• For the guy who havent watched Sengün and want a extented highlight video

Comment

• Guys Okben Ulubays mom is following me on twitter. ahahahahahhaah

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                  Guys Okben Ulubays mom is following me on twitter. ahahahahahhaah
                  Any idea what prompted this? Have you been posting about him much on there? Or are you becoming the new Genc Kazim?

I was wondering if Suacan Piskin is playing anywhere currently and how surprised you were when he made his Euroleague debut against Real Madrid a few years ago?
                  Last edited by Jazz; 01-18-2021, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                    Any idea what prompted this? Have you been posting about him much on there? Or are you becoming the new Genc Kazim?

I was wondering if Suacan Piskin is playing anywhere currently and how surprised you were when he made his Euroleague debut against Real Madrid a few years ago?
                    Well, I just wrote some good points of his game and some bad because a guy in TV spoke shit about his game but it seems she agrees with me. About Piskin, I have no clue if he plays or not right now and there are so many guys I should be surprised of playing that I lost track.

Comment

• I think Sengün is a good example of how NBA looks at more or less traditional centers. I mean 18yo destroying Turkish competition with 20/10 or something like that and he's at the end of the first round. 10 years ago (when Valanciunas was drafted) he would maybe looking at top ten picks, maybe top five. The concern is that he scores a lot from post ups and put backs. Anyway, when the last time Turkey had elite center? Knowing that Kanter never played...
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        I think Sengün is a good example of how NBA looks at more or less traditional centers. I mean 18yo destroying Turkish competition with 20/10 or something like that and he's at the end of the first round. 10 years ago (when Valanciunas was drafted) he would maybe looking at top ten picks, maybe top five. The concern is that he scores a lot from post ups and put backs. Anyway, when the last time Turkey had elite center? Knowing that Kanter never played...
                        Well its understandable. He is a center in a body of a forward. Its true that he feels better in the paint right now and he lacks vertical pop, he is lost against fast guards especially when they change direction, he doesnt shoot much although he is a solid ft shooter and they think he will extend his range eventually.

He has not much things to offer to the nba game but despite being not the strongest, tallest, fastest, most athletic etc. he dominates with footwork, nice touch, instincts and willpower but you are not right to call him a "traditional center". He is more a mix of traditional and modern big. He is not great right now in handling the ball but he can put the ball on the floor and move, he is also a great passer with solid court vision and we all hope and expect him to shoot from outside at least the open ones.

With all these points he resembles more Sabonis than JV. The question which of his strength will translate to the nba in the long term.

And let me add one thing. You really care too much about draft position etc. This increases just credibility and nothing else. I personally dgas if he gets drafted on 20 or 40. If he works hard he will get his chance in time.

Comment

• Great game of Sehmus Hazer and Alperen Sengun in the second game of FIBA Europe Cup competition. The difference in strength was clear altough Besiktas struggled a bit in the first half.

Sengün popped then out in the second half with 16 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals and 3 blocks without breaking a sweat. The genius of Sengün is really that he fills out every position of his stat sheet. He doesnt have a vertical pop but his active hands and intelligence makes him very special.

Look at this scene. https://twitter.com/BJK_Basketbol/st...25180191682564

For me this is far more important than any point he makes. He showed in the last 2 games that he is far beyond FIBA competitions although he still shows some excitement but it will be better in time.

Hazer and NBA is a difficult story. I dont give him much chances (nearly zero) but if he works on his touch at the rim and can increase his 3 points percentage I see him playing EL level with decent contribution. 25 points for him in this game.

Comment

• Great game again of Sengün in todays game. He made 3 games in 4 days with heavy minues and was still toying with the bigs of BC Balkan which was expected of course.

But what I loved more was the performance of the 14 old year guy Demir Dogan. Impressive wingspan and agility with ball handling skills with 14! His shooting touch looks a bit weird but improvable. Liked his post defense a lot, didnt give an inch against grown center.

https://twitter.com/JaviRoloj/status...79864958136323

Sengün had 28 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block but also 5 turnover.

Comment

• In 10 days will start the U19 season

In this photo you can see with no 19 Bora Yasar(PF, 03), i´m very interesting to see him. With 7 you see Ömer Büke(SF/SG, 04), could surprise in the next years.

Tuzcukaya: Her pozisyonda yetenekli oyunculara sahibiz - BasketFaul.com - turkiyenin basketbol portali

Here you can see Göktug Efe Gücoglu(SG, 04) with the afro hairs, it will be interesting to see his level after 1 year in the states, i was a big fan of him.

Other a bit unknown but interesting players could be Oguzhan Göktepe(G, 04) and the whole team of Besiktas etc. etc. etc......other interesting things are for example can Berke Büyüktuncel show more scoring power, how is Hamza Celik now etc.

@Toruko, for you Tibet Görener is more talented as Furkan Korkmaz or has more upside. Then which upside has Demir Dogan. Demir Dogan is the best turkish prospect and has huge upside, he is like Pokusevski but Demir is more PF as Poku. Demir is already without shoes 205-6. Even the other very talented 2006 born PF(future) Ege Akcay(Dacka) has clear more talent as the U14-Tibet Görener. Ege Akcay has much more offensive power as Tibet. Eger bi oyuncu bu kadar statikse(Tibet), yani kendi imkanlariyla bir seyler yaratamiyor, pozisyon o oyuncuya illa hazirlanmasi gerekiyorsa ve o oyuncu Türk basketbolunun en yetenekli oyuncusuysa o zaman Türk basketbolunda neden büyük oyuncu yetismiyor kendimize sormamamiz lazim. Demir Dogan, Ege Akcay, Yagiz Aksu, all these players has special offensive talent for turkish standards. You must produce big talent like Pokusevski, Avdija, Murauskas etc. and not roleplayers as your best prospects

Comment

• Positively surprised by 2003 born Shooting Guard / Forward Batin Tuna. He was always very talented on the defensive end and also a very good rebounder but his biggest weakness was his shooting touch. Look here he made 7 of his 13 attempts in the last 4 games in the Turkish second league.

Averaged 9,5 points, 6,5 rebounds and 2 assists. A rock solid wing defender who knows exactly when to help others.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information