Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a great summer for turkish youth basketball!. we have two MVP's (u-20 and u-18) and one kid make it to u-16 all-tournement team. plus there is big hyps for 00-01' borns.

Comment

Cant be sure about all of them but Furkan Korkmaz will be a big time player IMO

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler34 View Post
        Cant be sure about all of them but Furkan Korkmaz will be a big time player IMO
        Furkan Korkmaz reminds me an upper level of Harun Erdenay. Shoots well, drives basket and better than him on defense.
        Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
          Furkan Korkmaz reminds me an upper level of Harun Erdenay. Shoots well, drives basket and better than him on defense.
          Ivkovic giving constant minutes to Furkan Korkmaz in preseason games. He has been played 3 games and averaging 11 ppg so far ! It's my understanding that Ivkovic has impressed his playing. If he find place in final roster I won't be surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
            Kid got the whole package, Lenght,Athleticism,Shooting,Defense if he can stay injury free and choose right paths in his basketball career, i think he will be something special

Comment

Furkan Korkmaz 17 year old boy played all 7 Euroleague games up to date and having 12 mins average.

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

3 pts, 2.6 rebs and 1.4 assists wit 4.3 PIR are great numbers for him.

Cedi Osman another great prospect is putting great numbers:

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

21 mins, 8.4 pts (%54 2 pts, %40 3 pts, %75 FT), 4.1 rebs, 1.1 assists, 0.6 st, 1.1 to and 0.6 blocks per game.
              More important in decisive minutes of the games he is more on court than Stratos Perperoglou.
              I am very happy what these players show on court...
              Looking forward to see Okben Ulubay...

Comment

I am not sure about the future of Turkish prospects. Sadly, some of them had started to be so mediatic players like Okben. Cedi Osman has a really good charecter and I am pretty sure he will be such an explosive player. Furkan is a natural born scorer but I think something is wrong with his shoot mechanic. He should rely on this. For me, Sipahi is a garbage and in two or three years later, he will be an ordinary player who plays in middle class Turkish team. His games is declining rapidly which is so sad.
                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                  I am not sure about the future of Turkish prospects. Sadly, some of them had started to be so mediatic players like Okben. Cedi Osman has a really good charecter and I am pretty sure he will be such an explosive player. Furkan is a natural born scorer but I think something is wrong with his shoot mechanic. He should rely on this. For me, Sipahi is a garbage and in two or three years later, he will be an ordinary player who plays in middle class Turkish team. His games is declining rapidly which is so sad.
                  I don't agree with you, these talents are real talents.

Kenan Sipahi, is playing with a fear to be benched by Obradovic, he is not feeling comfortable. He needs to work for his shot, but I think he will be better than Kerem Tunceri but below Orhun Ene comparing Turkish guards.
                  Furkan Korkmaz, Cedi Osman, Okben Ulubay they are future European stars. Furkan is a mix of Harun Erdenay, Rudy Fernandez and has more potential than these two because he is going to be much better defender. He is athletic, has vision court, rebounds, assists - does everything.
                  Cedi Osman is solid and all around player. He can defend all players 1 to 4 position, drives to the rim. Only his weak point is outside shoot (behind the arc) but seems he is improving.
                  Okben Ulubay is a different material. He is poker face, no emotions but does everything pretty good. Boards, defends, shoots, drive, assists, dribble, one and one play...
                  Efes players are very lucky working with Ivkovic. They have consistent minutes at TBL and Euroleague. They are not role players, Ivkovic prefers to play money time with these youngsters. There are many occasions Cedi Osman preferred over Perperoglou and Korkmaz over Janning...
                  Also Emircan Kosut, Egemen Guven and Omer Yurtseven are huge prospects. I can see min Gregor Fucka potential with Emircan. If he gets stronger a bit, with his shooting and defensive abilities he will be a star... Even being a star at NBA playing PF position. Omer Yurtseven is worth to watch. 98 born player with a lot of talent...
                  Expecting a bright future starting with 2017 European Championship for Turkish National Team.

Comment

Tolga Geçim scored 9 points and dished 10 assists against Fenerbahçe. Among all these Turkish prospects, Tolga is one jump ahead of those youngsters. I was really impressed by his game. He played like he is the leader of the team although he is just 17. I like Osman and Korkmaz too but this guy is different. I believe we will see many triple doubles from him in the future because he has an amazing court vision and rebound intuition. The only thing he has to improve is his shooting. I don't expect him to be a sharp shooter but at least he should be more consistent shooter. I hope his game will continue to grow rapidly. Btw, Furkan Korkmaz had good game against Eskişehir. 17 pts, 4 assists. These two makes me excited about the future of Turkish basketball.
                    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Every single year we should include these players in the scope of national team pool. This year Osman, Korkmaz, Geçim and Sipahi made themselves to be considered as one of the national team candidates. We should go step by step. Next year I expect the same development from Okben, Egemen Güven, Berk Uğurlu and Mert Celep. Two years later Enes Taşkıran, Ömer Faruk Yurtseven, Onuralp Bitim and Egehan Arna should be available for NT and also Euroleague. If Turkish basketball can serve 4 possible stars every year, then I can say we are in right path. Without any doubt Cedi Osman, Furkan Korkmaz and Tolga Geçim will be selected in first round of NBA Draft in two years. Sustainable development of Turkish basketball is the key factor here in my point.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Cedi Osman what a great player you are. Scored 14 pts(4/4 3 pts) grabbed 3 rebounds but importantly his defence was outstanding against Fenerbahçe. The team defence was amazing and the biggest contributor is Osman, they locked Bogdanovic.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

In today's meeting between Tofaş and Anadolu Efes, Tofaş's young guy Yiğit Arslan(1996) scored 11 points and put a great effort on defence against Perperoglu. Probably he has the most flawless shooting style among all Turkish prospects. He seems he will improve his game in the future because last summer he was not the key part of our U18 team but for now he transformed himself to a promising player. The biggest advantage of our young players is that they take those minutes in the one of the most competitive leagues in the world therefore every single minutes is significant for these prospects. Btw, Furkan(1997) scored 13, Cedi scored 12 points in the same match.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Thank you Slice... for following up the prospects and bringing good news .

I liked Yigit's game during u18 very much... he was not a significant contributor among other hot prospects, but was an important role player. Did not watch him afterwards but last summer I wrote "he's a calm, clever guard, with smart shot and pass selection skills... not flashy but very effective... he looks like a very solid gem". Happy to hear he's showing some glimpses of his potential at senior level too.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Amazing ball handling skills and court vision for a 11 years old child :O Mini Steve Nash.
                              Ali Pitirli : Turkish Basketball U12 Point Guard Ball Handling Training and Implementing into the game
                              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                                Actually 1993. Age falsification.
                                Korkmaz also has the same age as Osman btw.
                                PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information