No announcement yet.

The new VTB League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lietuvos Rytas coach Kurtinaitis said that he does not want Rytas to play in BBL and would like to join VTB next season. He said a lot of negative things about BBL and Latvian and Estonian basketball clubs kind of tactlessly... So I guess there are good chances to see Rytas in VTB next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
      Lietuvos Rytas coach Kurtinaitis said that he does not want Rytas to play in BBL and would like to join VTB next season. He said a lot of negative things about BBL and Latvian and Estonian basketball clubs kind of tactlessly... So I guess there are good chances to see Rytas in VTB next season.
      If he still be a coach of LR, i doubt it if Rytas loose to Zalgiris in LKL finals. With Baynes and Borovniak it won't be hard to do.

Comment

And before that he said most players were chosen without him knowing about it. So i don't think his wishes will matter much
        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
          And before that he said most players were chosen without him knowing about it. So i don't think his wishes will matter much
          Well, you might be right, but still think that there's a good chance that Rytas will play in VTB

Comment

Let me make a statement: I don't like this project, cause there's too much of USSR (or, say, Russian ambitions) in it right now. It may be only a business project, however, it has a certain symbolic meaning (especially during Žalgiris-CSKA games)... I don't like the thought of sentimental recreation of the Soviet era life... even if it is "only" basketball.

What I am really waiting for, is other Central European teams (not from former USSR) joining the league, or even Maccabi, as there were some talks about it. In this case it would be much more difficult to portray the league in some sort of "retro-Soviet" style. And it would make more sense for Lithuanian superclubs than battling weak Latvian or Estonian teams in the BBL...

Why am I talking about this? Because the Russian state masters are still dreaming about the lost empire, and they are very open on this topic... I don't "hate" Russians as a people, for sure, I'm just sceptical about the intentions of their elites...

Comment

Semi-finals:

CSKA - Khimki 71:66
              Žalgiris - Unics 65:75

Comment

Semi-finals:

CSKA - Khimki 71:66
                Žalgiris - Unics 65:75
                How do these semi-finals work? Looks like there will be more games tomorrow?
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                  How do these semi-finals work? Looks like there will be more games tomorrow?
                  same as euroleague if i'm right? zalgiris-khimki for 3rd place and finals csk-unics
                  Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                    same as euroleague if i'm right? zalgiris-khimki for 3rd place and finals csk-unics
                    Yup, it'll be like that. Everybody was waiting for the final between Zalgiris - CSKA, but Uniks was simply better yesterday than we. Our backcourt looked awful, except Pocius in the first half. In the other hand, such "cold shower" might be very good before game in Poland

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      Yup, it'll be like that. Everybody was waiting for the final between Zalgiris - CSKA, but Uniks was simply better yesterday than we. Our backcourt looked awful, except Pocius in the first half. In the other hand, such "cold shower" might be very good before game in Poland
                      One question. Why in Lithuania and Zalgiris you force Kalnietis on PG? He just doesn't have future on that position. From his erley days he should play on 2-3 spots. Hi isn't shooter or scorer but he would be much better than he is now on wing. PG is most reponsible position on court and it's clear he can't handle it. Mostley he hurts his own team.
                      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

One question. Why in Lithuania and Zalgiris you force Kalnietis on PG? He just doesn't have future on that position. From his erley days he should play on 2-3 spots. Hi isn't shooter or scorer but he would be much better than he is now on wing. PG is most reponsible position on court and it's clear he can't handle it. Mostley he hurts his own team.
                        I was saying that for years. In other hand, Lithuania is lacking both- talented PG and the people who would know how to work with these players. All the coaches are out of ideas about it. So, Kalnietis at the moment is the best option at PG position after Å aras in Lithuania.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Nobody forces him to play there, Kalnietis by himself said that he feels much more comfortable playin' as PG. He has mediocre skills to play there, while he has not better skills to be SG with his shooting abilities, however he's improving in that lately.

Comment

Yeah you're right, nevermind
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

delas in starting 5 playing at C vs Mozgov
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

delas in starting 5 playing at C vs Mozgov
                                Coach Butautas seems to really like this guy,he complimented his performance in last two games in post game conferences and seems to have a lot of trust in Delas.

I like some things about Mario too,i dont expect him to be a big contributor this year but potential is definitely there and im looking forward to seeing some great performances by him.
                                ZALIAI BALTAS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information