This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sagenas View Post
    Well, by saying "world level" I didn't meant about World Championship, because there's teams which aren't very good at internetional level. I'm saying that in NBA (or even in top Euroleague level) they might not play so well as they play now ;] I'm saying, that your country team isn't one of the top teams where players must fight for their place in roster.

By the way, few years ago Vroman played in Lietuvos Rytas (then he was still with american (? If I remember correctly) passport He's good, but I don't think he made such a big proggress. And first of all, he needs to show his abilitys in top euroleague teams, if he wan't to get many attention.
    I think this illustrates what I mean about "expectation" being very important. On Lebanon's national team, he HAS TO BE the man, there is no one else. And guess what happens? He plays as good as anyone, tearing apart Argentina for example with all of the NBA talent.

In NBA, or for Euro club, the expectation is much lower, and so his playing time is less, and so his production is less.

I suggest that he is as good as Scola, but is never given the chance to prove it unless he is on the national team. The confidence and expection bring out the best in him. Everywhere else, he is considered a backup, so that is all he ever produces.

Food for thought, no? How else do we explain his spectacular performance against top-flight international competition? [The same could be said for Freije.]

Comment

• Iran's official roster for Turkey 2010 is not out yet, but the federation just announced that Iran's Captain, Samad Nikkhah-Bahrami will also be missing the tournament because of injury.
      Earlier, it was also announced that Iran's prolific 3pt shooter(SG), Hamed Afagh, will be missing the games due to knee injury.

With both these key players out, I don't think Iran could put on an impressive show in Turkey (Hope they prove me wrong).

Comment

• Originally posted by Simonas123 View Post
        Lithuania will be bringing an army of fans to Turkey. Only about 600 this time, though. Here's the article: http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/n...to-turkey.html
        Lebanese fans who are going to Izmir will also be making alot of noise
        I will be one of them (Bought an afro red wig, printed some t-shirts with bball designs, have the Lebanese flag ready, but I don't know if i'll also paint my face yet )

Comment

• WHO WILL WIN THE FIBA WORLD CUP (TURKEY 2010)?
          VOTE HERE: http://www.lebanesebasketball.co.cc/...mpionship.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin in AZ View Post
            I think this illustrates what I mean about "expectation" being very important. On Lebanon's national team, he HAS TO BE the man, there is no one else. And guess what happens? He plays as good as anyone, tearing apart Argentina for example with all of the NBA talent.

In NBA, or for Euro club, the expectation is much lower, and so his playing time is less, and so his production is less.

I suggest that he is as good as Scola, but is never given the chance to prove it unless he is on the national team. The confidence and expection bring out the best in him. Everywhere else, he is considered a backup, so that is all he ever produces.

Food for thought, no? How else do we explain his spectacular performance against top-flight international competition? [The same could be said for Freije.]
            In Europe there's many teams where they could be main players. Teams of Lithuania, Germany, France and etc. don't have money for stars and can't have their best national players in their team so some key players must be foreigners. Like Hollis Price jumped from Lietuvos Rytas to Dinamo (when they were quite expensive team), Eidson jumped from Lietuvos Rytas to Maccabi and I can give you much more examples. By the way, when Vroman played in Lietuvos Rytas, other teams weren't very interested in him. Every player have his chance. but not every handles it. ;]
            I'm on twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by thelebanese80 View Post
              WHO WILL WIN THE FIBA WORLD CUP (TURKEY 2010)?
              52% votes for Lebanon

Comment

• Originally posted by sseppel View Post
                52% votes for Lebanon
                its a Lebanese basketball blog what are u expecting?? :P

Comment

its a Lebanese basketball blog what are u expecting?? :P
                  Sense of reality.

Comment

WHO WILL WIN THE FIBA WORLD CUP (TURKEY 2010)?
                    Lebanon is leading the poll. Well, I voted for them too, just for fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
                      Lebanon is leading the poll. Well, I voted for them too, just for fun.
                      I voted for Jordan hahaha

but I support Lebanon and I hope they do well.They're very sympathetic with their passion for their NT and bball.
                      "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

• Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                        I voted for Jordan
                        OT: outstanding choice of avatar fed... made me go downstairs and buy 6 pack of those...hate their team, love their beer..
                        FENERBAHÇE 10/11 in Turkish League

Football...........................CHAMPIONS
                        Men's Basketball...............CHAMPIONS
                        Women's Baskeball...........CHAMPIONS
                        Men's Volleyball................CHAMPIONS
                        Women's Volleyball...........CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by kyosphere View Post
                          OT: outstanding choice of avatar fed... made me go downstairs and buy 6 pack of those...hate their team, love their beer..
                          it's a calling to arms for ozzie...but so far only in vain.
                          "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

• Heineken anyone?
                            Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                            16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                            Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                            8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

• Hey, I like this conversation. I'm a beer lover, actually, I collect beer bottle tops, I have almost 300 already

If I had to pick one, I love Kwak beer. But the best for me are the czech pilsens, the germans Helles and weißbiere, and over all of them, the abbey and trappist belgians beers.

Those belgians know what they do.

P.D. I didn't like Efes at all.

Comment

• OT: No Stella Artois fans out there (That was my preferred choice back when I was in the UK. Worst ever for me was Carling. I also tried XXL. I believe it's Turkish or Bulgarian and I also didn't enjoy it even though it's 8-10% if i'm not mistaken and closer to dark beers)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information