No announcement yet.

Players that we can have naturalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philippines Doing a Qatar and Fans Dont Care?

Have the Philippines now taking on the example of Qatar having foreigners playing for their national team and claiming them to be natural-born citizens of the land.

Up until now I have not been convinced of the Filipino lineage of Asi Taulava, Mick Pennisi and the citizenship of Danny Seigle is also not established 100%. The technicaliy of Gabe Norwood's citizenship is also questionable.

While Im all up for the Philippines regaining Asian supremacy and recognition at the world basketball stage, let us not do so at the expense of our integrity
    Last edited by rikhardur; 11-06-2008, 02:49 AM. Reason: Threads merged: avoidance of thread scattering
    Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Danny Seigle? Not a Fil-Am?

Comment

screw integrity! Asian Supremacy yey!!!!

or so we think will reign supreme in asia basket.
        You've got to have it to win it

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
          Have the Philippines now taking on the example of Qatar having foreigners playing for their national team and claiming them to be natural-born citizens of the land.

Up until now I have not been convinced of the Filipino lineage of Asi Taulava, Mick Pennisi and the citizenship of Danny Seigle is also not established 100%. The technicaliy of Gabe Norwood's citizenship is also questionable.

While Im all up for the Philippines regaining Asian supremacy and recognition at the world basketball stage, let us not do so at the expense of our integrity
          yeah, i agree.

we're also doing it early... look at ekwe and the uaap/ncaa foreign recruits

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline

This is an old issue man, those players that you have mentioned will soon be retired from playing basketball, saved Gabe Norwood...

As long as they do have the heart to play and represent our country, i don't think that's ok...
            CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

Comment

Future Naturalized Prospects thread of the RP Team

We all know that Even if Marcus Douthit is not anymore getting younger perhaps he would compete in our team for a maximum of 2 FIBA asia if we are lucky
              This is a thread dedicated to help the RP team find future naturalization candidates for future RP teams, Yes it is too early for know but we are speaking here about long term.... Who knows we might help the SBP thru your suggestions

Comment

I dont know if this thread will be merged to older one. Aha.. future naturalized big guy should be younger of course,,can play stronger low post unlike douthit and shoots well from mid-range too
                “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
                - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

Originally posted by AlYuson View Post
                  I dont know if this thread will be merged to older one. Aha.. future naturalized big guy should be younger of course,,can play stronger low post unlike douthit and shoots well from mid-range too
                  IMO, Douthit is the best low post player in this fiba-asia. He had monster games, I can't ask for anything more from him.
                  But yeah, I agree that a younger and faster C would fit our team well because pinoys love to run, and when the C runs, he's usually rewarded.
                  Thank you smart gilas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yesha_24 View Post
                    IMO, Douthit is the best low post player in this fiba-asia. He had monster games, I can't ask for anything more from him.
                    But yeah, I agree that a younger and faster C would fit our team well because pinoys love to run, and when the C runs, he's usually rewarded.
                    I mean a stronger low post center..douthit was effectively sealed by hefty big men from china and jordan in the paint
                    “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

I remember the first naturalization prospect eyed by sbp(eala).
                      7'3 monster of shot blocks,Keith Closs hehehehe
                      Good thing we ended up with kuya big daddy Douthit.

SBP should now find an able replacement for Douthit. he might not be as good 2-3 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post
                        I remember the first naturalization prospect eyed by sbp(eala).
                        7'3 monster of shot blocks,Keith Closs hehehehe
                        Good thing we ended up with kuya big daddy Douthit.

SBP should now find an able replacement for Douthit. he might not be as good 2-3 years from now.
                        If we will continue scouting African and chinese players not to limit ourselves to AMerican and European players.

We can add in there Samoans or those micronesians

Comment

There are plenty of them (7 footers) in the US...expectedly a stronger and talented big man is not affordable nor he would choose to play for the philippines as a naturalized player

Comment

Originally posted by AlYuson View Post
                            There are plenty of them (7 footers) in the US...expectedly a stronger and talented big man is not affordable nor he would choose to play for the philippines as a naturalized player
                            I doubt it with everything that is happening in the US. They can't afford to deny any opportunities even if salaries are not that high. If NBA players are seeking employment overseas how much more are those who were not able to make it in the NBA but can play ball.

Comment

[QUOTE=AlYuson;652641]There are plenty of them (7 footers) in the US...expectedly a stronger and talented big man is not affordable nor he would choose to play for the philippines as a naturalized player [/QUOTE

I hope that if we could bag the bronze this will make us more appealing to these 7 footers knowing that it will be a good exposure to them playing for a country that is competitive. Also, they would retain their original citizenship as well so its still a good thing for them.
                              ...to each his own...

Comment

mc gee mentioned that he had fun here maybe we can get his service... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information