Players that we can have naturalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    for World SF and attributes. when you view it from the perspective of simply getting to the next level as a goal (essentially 2nd round) . most of the teams at that mid level like Puerto Rico, New Zealand have SF (3's) that are around 6' 5" but are really real natural wings. can play 2/3 . with Clarkson and Dwight alternative at 2 and 3 not only are we of competitive height at the 2/3 but are competitive both skill and athletic wise. It's important the third perimeter player should be around 6 foot so the three perimeter spots can be switchy. While i understand the tendency to overact when you look at the possibility of Japan say playing Rui, Watanabe and say a NP center, the key is really not to overact (NZ and alot of these southern American teams have been fine with the two wing spots 2/3 just being 6'5 , but good , if this is our strength , explosive / speedy wings .guards use it to full advantage . I honestly believe Clarkson becomes more of an offensive weapon if the defender on him is NOT like a Marcus Smart with guard quicknes but a white European tall forward. That is a bigger mismatch for Clarkson , we actually can play to our strength with essentially a 3 guard line-up with decent size , rather than playing with a traditional size SF but isn't that fast or good offensively.
    Di ba sabi mo dati pwede mag local? trans: you lied to us. hehe kidding aside, its hard to let go of Clarkson not playing as local because Gilas needs all the support it could get. In my opinion, McCullough or somebody of that height and skill (or greater), can play both the 3 and the 4.We have pretty young talents who are untested in the senior squad. Now, if either Kai or Edu is not playing well (hoping they will not have a bad game at the same time), McCullough can replace either player. McCullough could also play alongside in the 3 spot.Now this I think,is something that Clarkson cannot do. Yes, Clarkson can either 1,2 or 3 but we're pretty much loaded in the 1 and 2 position if he is to play 3. I think like Clarkson, McCullough can be both efficient at both offense and defense plus he could block shots and rebound which JC does not usually do.Although I must admit that JC does not need to be naturalized anymore and aside from his skill set, that would be his edge over everybody.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
      Bulandi is in the mpbl kaya he's not yet approved for 1st window.. with mpbl suspended eh he can free to go to gilas.. possibly we will see him in 2nd window.. parks can be a role player when Clarkson is around.. willing Yun, same with thirdy and Ramos.. they will give their hand to Clarkson to shoot.. I was kind of thinking that I think we should put Clarkson as early as next year's fiba Asia cup for chemistry purposes.. when Clarkson played with us in 2018 eh he's teammates are gone when 2021 approaching (maybe erram will be left in the 2018 roster).. second NBA is in off season when Asia cup will held.. third, we need to input Clarkson with the system that tab/dickel runs.. remember, we can't get Clarkson before the officially release of NBA players for the national team call up, just like last year.. Clarkson will able to join us atleast a month before the tournament.. mahirap na adjustment na Naman Yun, I don't want happened in 2018 that we have no preparation aside that Clarkson going to us last 2 mins preparation.. so if we take him already in 2021 eh atleast if he come back in 2023, he will not rush things to adjust for us.. because he knows the system already when he will join us.. and lastly we don't have yet new naturalized player after blatche.. I don't think Congress will priority our naturalization bill for brownlee and kouame in time due to more issues that our country facing up right now aside pandemic, so that getting Clarkson for as early as 2021 fiba Asia cup will be reasonable..
      So Rayray Parks' "passive" attitude may work well for a team that has big time scorer like Clarkson. Another good thing about Parks is that he can play both the 2 & 3 positions with relative ease. With Parks, you have a wingman who can play defense, can score (thought not in the level of Clarkson or CJ Perez) & can even bring down the ball.

The downside could be his suspect willingness to play for flag & country. I mean the consistency of willingness to play for Gilas is very suspect.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
        Di ba sabi mo dati pwede mag local? trans: you lied to us. hehe kidding aside, its hard to let go of Clarkson not playing as local because Gilas needs all the support it could get. In my opinion, McCullough or somebody of that height and skill (or greater), can play both the 3 and the 4.We have pretty young talents who are untested in the senior squad. Now, if either Kai or Edu is not playing well (hoping they will not have a bad game at the same time), McCullough can replace either player. McCullough could also play alongside in the 3 spot.Now this I think,is something that Clarkson cannot do. Yes, Clarkson can either 1,2 or 3 but we're pretty much loaded in the 1 and 2 position if he is to play 3. I think like Clarkson, McCullough can be both efficient at both offense and defense plus he could block shots and rebound which JC does not usually do.Although I must admit that JC does not need to be naturalized anymore and aside from his skill set, that would be his edge over everybody.
        It's the timing of making the decision, The SBP will not invest and spend in the next 2 years to process via Congress from naturalization a player aside from Kouame, why? Aside from the paper fixing cost an NBA level player will requirea contract payment
        From all indication they're investing in Kai and AJ, to give them a chance if they're good enough come December 2022

If hindi that is the time they will consider a Blatche level like player on a guaranteed short term deal (3 months) for 2023

If decently magaling yung twin towers (Kai and AJ) then it's JC
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          I'm thinking of a Dwight Ramos-Jordan Clarkson tandem at the wing spots with Dwight at 3 & Clarkson at 2. Well, there aren't too many 6-foot-7 & above small forwards in the Asia-Pacific basketball. Usually the small forwards of our Asian counterparts are around 6-foot-6 to 6-foot-7.
          My estimation:

Iran has 6'5-6'7
          Japan has 6'3-6'6
          Korea has 6'4-6'6
          New Zealand has 6'5-6'7
          Australia 6'6-6'7
          Lebanon 6'5-6'6
          Jordan 6'5-6'7
          Qatar 6'6-6'7
          Kazakhstan 6'5-6'7
          China 6'6-6'9
          Guam 6'3-6'5
          Taipei 6'3-6'5

I think Gilas should produced around 6'4-6'5 wings (somewhere in between).
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

• ^^
            And JC is a 6'5 wing on steroids (MJ and Kobe like in dominance) this is not an ordinary Asia Pacific wing we're talking about or even a normal import who plays in Asia
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              IMO, having 6'4-6'5 tall wingmen is already good gilas.
              Jordan Clarkson at 6'5 was a revelation in the Asian Games.

The guy basically played the 1-2-3 positions. Goes to show those positions are basically the same as long as you have the size and skill.

Really wished we had Junemar, Troy, and Japeth to relieve Erram, CS, Raymond and Taulava. We might have been able to steal that game vs China or perhaps win over Korea by containing Cardo.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                for World SF and attributes. when you view it from the perspective of simply getting to the next level as a goal (essentially 2nd round) . most of the teams at that mid level like Puerto Rico, New Zealand have SF (3's) that are around 6' 5" but are really real natural wings. can play 2/3 . with Clarkson and Dwight alternative at 2 and 3 not only are we of competitive height at the 2/3 but are competitive both skill and athletic wise. It's important the third perimeter player should be around 6 foot so the three perimeter spots can be switchy. While i understand the tendency to overact when you look at the possibility of Japan say playing Rui, Watanabe and say a NP center, the key is really not to overact (NZ and alot of these southern American teams have been fine with the two wing spots 2/3 just being 6'5 , but good , if this is our strength , explosive / speedy wings .guards use it to full advantage . I honestly believe Clarkson becomes more of an offensive weapon if the defender on him is NOT like a Marcus Smart with guard quicknes but a white European tall forward. That is a bigger mismatch for Clarkson , we actually can play to our strength with essentially a 3 guard line-up with decent size , rather than playing with a traditional size SF but isn't that fast or good offensively.

Comment

• Clarkson is listed at 6’ 4”, but in reality he is ONLY 6’ 3” 1/4. Check his combine measurement. Still a good sized wing for some lineup but is more ideal at the 2 rather than the 3. Playing him alongside Dwight or Parks wouldn’t make him enjoy the luxury of being guarded by a small forward. No coach in his right mind would put a sf on Clarkson when he can easily put him on either Dwight or Parks (who for all intents and purposes are actually the ones playing the 3 in such lineups).

That said, if I am to choose between McCullough and Clarkson, I am going JC. Paras, Dwight and Oftana should be decent enough to hold the fort at the 3. Paras can do a Gabriel Deck. I don’t think his build and current situation could make him go back to his 2/3 days, but if you’d check on Deck he is a player that resembles Paras and his attributes. Not a bad player to have on your NT https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Deck
                  Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
                    A rotation of Clarkson,Ramos,Parks,Thirdy,Perez & Tuffin for the 1-3 positions should be good enough (Oftana, Paras & Ildefonso possibly if they improve in the next 2-3 years)
                    And add 6'7-6'8 18 years old(2023) SF Caelum Harris..

Comment

• I dunno if it is already confirmed but due to some demands from other members, the FIBA Technical Commission headed by Atty. Ed Francisco(PHI) are quietly drafting(?) additional provisions to allow 1 heritage players aside from the so called 1 naturalized players to play in future FIBA tournaments...because of the massive diaspora of so many people from different continent and FIBA are very much aware of this hence they are now studying such proposal if it is feasible to all members without compromising or being abuse on the long run..I think the technical group are very diligent on this..I hope this piece of information I got are 100% true because on the long run member teams outside the so called elite ones now has the fighting chance to be very competitive and that's one of the main purpose of this provision to avoid many blowout games and to attract many fans to watch the games as well.

Comment

• I always think what if a Gilas team fields a roster without PG:

C Kai
                        C Greg/Junmar
                        C/F AJ
                        F/C Baltazar/Carl

F Troy
                        F Kobe

F/G Oftana
                        F/G Dwight
                        G/F Clarkson
                        G/F Thirdy

G CJ
                        G 1GDL

This team needs a good coach it does not have a natural PG but loaded with ballhandlers that can be used as facilitators.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

I always think what if a Gilas team fields a roster without PG:

C Kai
                          C Greg/Junmar
                          C/F AJ
                          F/C Baltazar/Carl

F Troy
                          F Kobe

F/G Oftana
                          F/G Dwight
                          G/F Clarkson
                          G/F Thirdy

G CJ
                          G 1GDL
                          A good lineup. Won’t hurt too to have either Kief/Bolick/Parks in lieu of Juan.
                          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

C Kai
                            C Greg/Junmar
                            C/F AJ
                            F/C Baltazar/Carl

F Troy
                            F Kobe

F/G Oftana
                            F/G Dwight
                            G/F Clarkson
                            G/F Thirdy

G CJ
                            G 1GDL
                            A three-guard lineup:

C-Kai Sotto 7'2 (21)
                            F-AJ Edu 6'10 (23)
                            G-BRP Jr. 6'4 (30)
                            G-JC 6'4 (32)
                            G-CJ Perez 6'1 (30)

2nd Unit

C- JuneMar Fajardo 6'10 (34)or C-Angelo Kouame 6'11 24 years old (if local-eligible)
                            F- Sage Tolentino 7'1 19 years old(if local-eligible) or F-Jayden Harper 6'9-6'10 (18) if eligible
                            G/F- Caelum Harris 6'7-6'8 (18)
                            G- Dwight Ramos 6'5 (25)
                            G- Robert Bolick 6'1 (28)

G/F- Francis Lopez 6'5 (20) or F-Kobe Paras 6'6 (26) or F-Calvin Oftana 6'5
                            G-Thirdy Ravena 6'2 (27)or G-Dave Ildefonso 6'4 (23) or G-Rhenz Abando 6'3
                            Last edited by tomcat; 08-07-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                              And add 6'7-6'8 18 years old(2023) SF Caelum Harris..
                              As I said previously..mukhang makaka jackpot tayo sa batang ito.

Comment

C Kai
                                C Greg/Junmar
                                C/F AJ
                                F/C Baltazar/Carl

F Troy
                                F Kobe

F/G Oftana
                                F/G Dwight
                                G/F Clarkson
                                G/F Thirdy

G CJ
                                G 1GDL

This team needs a good coach it does not have a natural PG but loaded with ballhandlers that can be used as facilitators.
                                A point guard and a point forward are basically the same players if there is no height difference.

JC, for the most part, played point wherein he dished out the assists and directed play when necessary. This allowed Pringle some leeway to concentrate on scoring. There were instances when Gabe also played the point.

The 1-2-3 positions are basically interchangeable nowadays due to 6'5 back courts being a thing in the NBA.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information