Players that we can have naturalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Judging from Parks defensive game at present, comparatively with Norwood's defense, I say the latter is better (I think Norwood has already proven himself defensively in the FIBA game, while Parks has yet to prove himself). But I think no one here will argue if I say that Parks has better offensive game than Norwood. I think in terms of confidence alone, Parks has more confidence with his offense than Norwood does with his own offense.
    Who do you think is better offensively and defensively between BRP Jr. and Dwight Ramos? And better fit for Coach Tab's system?

Comment

Bro, as robert0326 mentioned, "...that FIBA might insist another spot for Heritage players aside from naturalized player". Which means that only one heritage player would be allowed per team. So for instance with Gilas, Clarkson can take that heritage player spot, then either Chris McCullough or Ange Kouama takes that naturalized player spot.
      that's good,well at least good enough, instead of no heritage players at all (pero parang olats pa rin).I was talking about the rules before where we could easily field in heritage players like Williams,Dillinger,Caguioa,Helterbrand,Norwood etc. Even if those players were heritage players they at least have proof that they have indeed Filipino lineage,whereas on the current Hagop rule where a team like Qatar can actually field in all players with no Qatari heritage, that's i think more absurd than the narrative of we borrowed players from the US. Having one heritage exemption rule is good but the old rule was better. Although I think they should not allow players who already played for another country on their youth team not unless its a FIBA sanctioned event. Players who played for another team (youth team) should only be allowed to play as a naturalized player, with the permission of his former country's basketball federation of course. Magbe benefit din yung women's team, they could actually get Hayes as their heritage player to play alongside a naturalized player and Jack Animam.
      Last edited by Alex07; 08-08-2020, 03:22 AM.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
        The good thing about JC aside from his basketball skills and IQ is the attitude of the dude..madali daw pakisamahan very typical gesture of a pinoy konting ta ngo(nod of the head) kindat ng kilay at mata(wink) and ngiti(smile) you know the person is approachable and easy to talk to as per his Asian Games teammates and fellow athletes. I think that's one of the many traits as a Filipino that we need to consider for our future naturalized player(s). I think putting him as naturalized for final lineup is just a piece of paper because the world knows what's his DNA, it's just that FIBA says otherwise.
        Based on what I saw in Clarkson's game with Gilas during the 2018 Asian Games, he is a team-oriented player. He's no ball hog or the trigger-happy type of a player. Despite of his superb offensive game & being Gilas' go-to-guy in that tournament, he still played within the system, was a willing passer, didn't force his shots & hardly took ill-advised shots. For someone who is a legit NBA talent, it takes discipline & prudence to be able to play that way in that level of tournament. I think Clarkson would have played better than that had he joined the team earlier & had enough practices with his teammates (Remember he joined the team when the basketball tournament had already started). My concern with Clarkson prior to his first game with Gilas was that he might be a "ball-heavy" (to borrow the term used by coach Tab Baldwin to describe a ball hog player) or a volume shooter type of a player. Clarkson turned-out to be not that type of a player.

I think compared to Dray Blatche, I say Clarkson is the better team-oriented player.

I think Clarkson can provide us with a medium-range game (his pull-up jumper from 15 to 17 feet is money). He can slash strong to the basket, can attack the defense during transition play (that's a significant advantage if one has the size & athleticism) & can also play good defense. With Clarkson doing those things, I think its imperative that our 4's & 3's must have decent 3-pt. shooting becoz they should be Clarkson's kick-out options in the wings. Even our point guards must have decent 3-pt. shooting to as to become another kick-out option at the top of the 3-pt. arc.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• This thing about a spot for a heritage import if true at the very least is sound logic, as it's an additional clause for exception being seeked.
          This alot better than continued insisting that players of blood connection should be locals, when there is no existing provision or guideline that suggest this.

All the best if they can get that one heritage player import approved
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
            Who do you think is better offensively and defensively between BRP Jr. and Dwight Ramos? And better fit for Coach Tab's system?
            Hard to tell bro coz I haven's seen enough games of Dwight Ramos. I want to see enough games of Ramos in the higher level (hard to assess his mettle in defense by just judging his game in the UAAP level) for me to really get a good assessment of his defensive skills. I want to test how Ramos defends a Tyler Lamb of Thailand. Hope Gilas' game vs. Thailand in the 1st window would push thru.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Based on what I saw in Clarkson's game with Gilas during the 2018 Asian Games, he is a team-oriented player. He's no ball hog or the trigger-happy type of a player. Despite of his superb offensive game & being Gilas' go-to-guy in that tournament, he still played within the system, was a willing passer, didn't force his shots & hardly took ill-advised shots. For someone who is a legit NBA talent, it takes discipline & prudence to be able to play that way in that level of tournament. I think Clarkson would have played better than that had he joined the team earlier & had enough practices with his teammates (Remember he joined the team when the basketball tournament had already started). My concern with Clarkson prior to his first game with Gilas was that he might be a "ball-heavy" (to borrow the term used by coach Tab Baldwin to describe a ball hog player) or a volume shooter type of a player. Clarkson turned-out to be not that type of a player.

I think compared to Dray Blatche, I say Clarkson is the better team-oriented player.

I think Clarkson can provide us with a medium-range game (his pull-up jumper from 15 to 17 feet is money). He can slash strong to the basket, can attack the defense during transition play (that's a significant advantage if one has the size & athleticism) & can also play good defense. With Clarkson doing those things, I think its imperative that our 4's & 3's must have decent 3-pt. shooting becoz they should be Clarkson's kick-out options in the wings. Even our point guards must have decent 3-pt. shooting to as to become another kick-out option at the top of the 3-pt. arc.
              a bit OT: maybe someone here could post the stat sheet for the 2018 Asian games 5 on 5 basketball. thanks in advance to whoever is going to post it.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                Where did you find this information dude? This is great news not just us, but all of other teams in the world.. because of this then the competition in fiba will be more exciting and fans can hope for their national teams in the future...

You mean legal commission? Sir Ed Francisco is chairman of the legal commision. Then the technical commision is the one requesting where it is composed of aus,lat,gui,lbn,slo,serb,sin,rus,esp,arg,fra,usa, and china?

Legal Commision is the one tasked for the eligibility rules right? Hope thag 1 heritage import will be really allowed.

Comment

I dunno if it is already confirmed but due to some demands from other members, the FIBA Technical Commission headed by Atty. Ed Francisco(PHI) are quietly drafting(?) additional provisions to allow 1 heritage players aside from the so called 1 naturalized players to play in future FIBA tournaments...because of the massive diaspora of so many people from different continent and FIBA are very much aware of this hence they are now studying such proposal if it is feasible to all members without compromising or being abuse on the long run..I think the technical group are very diligent on this..I hope this piece of information I got are 100% true because on the long run member teams outside the so called elite ones now has the fighting chance to be very competitive and that's one of the main purpose of this provision to avoid many blowout games and to attract many fans to watch the games as well.

You mean legal commission? Sir Ed Francisco is chairman of the legal commision. Then the technical commision is the one requesting where it is composed of aus,lat,gui,lbn,slo,serb,sin,rus,esp,arg,fra,usa, and china?

Legal Commision is the one tasked for the eligibility rules right? Hope thag 1 heritage import will be really allowed.

Comment

• as of Vyctorious Miller,I know this sound a bit desperate,but what if Jordan Clarkson tweeted his dad and ask him about his son's FIBA eligibility ? I'm pretty sure he'll take him seriously.Anyway,this is just an idea. Peace

Comment

• The heritage import amendment will be perfect for us as long as it will not impact how eligibility exemption is being granted. There's a possible scenario wherein FIBA will tighten its process in providing exemption with the reason that nations can always use the heritage import spot if they wish to roster their non-eligible player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        as of Vyctorious Miller,I know this sound a bit desperate,but what if Jordan Clarkson tweeted his dad and ask him about his son's FIBA eligibility ? I'm pretty sure he'll take him seriously.Anyway,this is just an idea. Peace
                        what if the dad tweets back and asks JC about his fiba eligibility?

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                          lol what if the dad tweets back and asks JC about his fiba eligibility?
                          thats the effin problem lol let's get Andray Blatche to tweet 'em lol but seriously I think JC can relate to this, and he may be game to this too, the problem is who's going to tweet him lol

Comment

• This piece of information was actually comes from the late FIBA sec gen Pat Baumann when he had some verbal conversation/meeting with Mr. MVP and it was posted in one of Mr. Henson's column in Philstar.com..because of the merging of Asia and Oceania zone it is only fair and justifiable if those lower seeded teams to send a very respectable line-up and had a fighting chance to be very competitive in any FIBA tournament to make the game more exciting and appealing to the public hence to avoid too many blowout games..the thing here is it must not be conflicting to the existing under 16 rules.

For me personally it's a welcome development if they will consider the suggestion of the late Sec-Gen because each countries has its own Laws related to citizenship. I would mention our own Constitution wherein the so called overseas born players are recognizing them as Filipinos as well and had all the constitutional rights the same with the local born players..Now this is a big challenge to the Technical and Legal Department of FIBA because they don't want this proposed provision(s) being abuse on the long run.

I hope it would push thru 1 Heritage player and 1 Naturalized Player on each team(s) are ain't conflicting to me.

There had to be something philosophically or morally wrong as Qatar was able to enlist three Bosnians to play for the national team against the Philippines at the FIBA Asia/Oceania World Cup Qualifiers in Doha last Thursday, considering the rule is a national team is allowed to recruit only one naturalized player.

Comment

This piece of information was actually comes from the late FIBA sec gen Pat Baumann when he had some verbal conversation/meeting with Mr. MVP and it was posted in one of Mr. Henson's column in Philstar.com..because of the merging of Asia and Oceania zone it is only fair and justifiable if those lower seeded teams to send a very respectable line-up and had a fighting chance to be very competitive in any FIBA tournament to make the game more exciting and appealing to the public hence to avoid too many blowout games..the thing here is it must not be conflicting to the existing under 16 rules.

For me personally it's a welcome development if they will consider the suggestion of the late Sec-Gen because each countries has its own Laws related to citizenship. I would mention our own Constitution wherein the so called overseas born players are recognizing them as Filipinos as well and had all the constitutional rights the same with the local born players..Now this is a big challenge to the Technical and Legal Department of FIBA because they don't want this proposed provision(s) being abuse on the long run.

I hope it would push thru 1 Heritage player and 1 Naturalized Player on each team(s) are ain't conflicting to me.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019...er-trafficking
                              But you said Sir ed francisco of legal commision and the technical commision in drafting this.

So,they revisit this. And talking about this NOW?!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                But you said Sir ed francisco of legal commision and the technical commision in drafting this.

So,they revisit this. And talking about this NOW?!!!!
                                Bro..you forgot the "?" part in the word drafting kindly re read again the posted message...thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information