Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1193

Thread: Players that we can naturalized

  1. #1041
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    If it's true that angelo never ever play basketball before he arrived and only learn here in stereo, maybe the fiba can declare him as local like thon maker of austrlia

    Thon maker considered by fiba as local australian player even he did not have a single local blood because he is home grown talent, same case with angelo
    Thon Maker was a refugee,Kuoame is not.Maker's case is of those marginal cases. see eligibility rule 34.Marginal cases

    Last edited by Alex07; 05-12-2019 at 12:28 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  2. #1042
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,838

    Default

    we respect our constitution even if fiba does not..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  3. #1043
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    743
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Yes Philippine and australia have different naturalization procedure, they can naturalize at any age while we only entertain 21 yrs old and above even the applicant is refugees, but what I heard in one of the commentator during last fiba game between Philippine and australia, the free for all game, thon maker declared by fiba as local because gave weight the being home grown talent despite having no single drop of australian blood.

    My point is if fiba really consider the being home grown why thon maker declared as local australian player, then angelo can be also

  4. #1044
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,092
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    Yes Philippine and australia have different naturalization procedure, they can naturalize at any age while we only entertain 21 yrs old and above even the applicant is refugees, but what I heard in one of the commentator during last fiba game between Philippine and australia, the free for all game, thon maker declared by fiba as local because gave weight the being home grown talent despite having no single drop of australian blood.

    My point is if fiba really consider the being home grown why thon maker declared as local australian player, then angelo can be also
    Maker emigrated to Australia when he was 5 years old. He probably hardly remembers Sudan and Australia is the only home he’s ever known.

  5. #1045
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    Yes Philippine and australia have different naturalization procedure, they can naturalize at any age while we only entertain 21 yrs old and above even the applicant is refugees, but what I heard in one of the commentator during last fiba game between Philippine and australia, the free for all game, thon maker declared by fiba as local because gave weight the being home grown talent despite having no single drop of australian blood.

    My point is if fiba really consider the being home grown why thon maker declared as local australian player, then angelo can be also
    I'm not even talking about the two different citizenship laws, although you are correct, It requires someone to be at least 21 to be naturalized. Fiba's eligibility rules on marginal cases such as refugees however are different for that with those who are ordinary immigrants.

    Marginal Cases
    34. Decisions on marginal cases are the responsibility of the Secretary General following consultation with the Chairman of the FIBA Legal Commission.
    The same shall apply with respect to refugees enjoying asylum rights and displaced persons (UN Conventions).
    In certain cases, FIBA nationality may be granted to a player.
    To be considered as a refugee you must qualify according to the standards of UNCHR. As for FIBA recognizing our constitution, it is another story.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  6. #1046
    Senior Member yogaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    With the era of small ball that you dont need a very tall center, but a versatile center, Terrence Jones, is a perfect candidate for naturalization. I'm also surprise that he is a good defender and passer. I think SBP should consider adding him to the candidates. Much more upside than Brownlee for me.

  7. #1047
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    617
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Terrence Jones is a good candidate for naturalization if he is willing, i think he will be a better version of Recardo Ratliff with a legit Nba experience , hopefully SBP will look at it after Fiba World Cup.
    "You don't play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball" Bobby Knight

  8. #1048
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    Terrence Jones is a good candidate for naturalization if he is willing, i think he will be a better version of Recardo Ratliff with a legit Nba experience , hopefully SBP will look at it after Fiba World Cup.
    the guy blocked Lebron but i don't think blocking shots is his best skill and so is defending.The guy is not that young as well if you have to plan for the long term.

    If you want a guy that could be a heavy scorer,can play outside and has 3 point range i'll ask former Milwakee Buck Christian Wood.The guy is just 24 years old and is around 6'10-6'11 with a 7'3 wingspan.

    Last edited by Alex07; 06-17-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  9. #1049
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    Wood is a poor man's Anthony Davis and has better small forward skills(handles the ball better than most bigs) than Edu and Tamayo.
    The only prob i see is that he is with the Pelicans and with AD going to the lakers he might get some more playinh time.

    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  10. #1050
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,792
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Wood is a poor man's Anthony Davis and has better small forward skills(handles the ball better than most bigs) than Edu and Tamayo.
    The only prob i see is that he is with the Pelicans and with AD going to the lakers he might get some more playinh time.

    I don’t see this guy leaving the nba anytime soon.

  11. #1051
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    552
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    the guy blocked Lebron but i don't think blocking shots is his best skill and so is defending.The guy is not that young as well if you have to plan for the long term.

    If you want a guy that could be a heavy scorer,can play outside and has 3 point range i'll ask former Milwakee Buck Christian Wood.The guy is just 24 years old and is around 6'10-6'11 with a 7'3 wingspan.

    Yes, the nba throws away a lot of diamonds. This happens due to the excessive availability of talented and athletic players applying for nba spots. The raptors basically won with a majority of discardables to support kawhi's steel will to win.

    The philippine nt basically needs a stretch4/5 to later replace the aging blatche who is a very rare complete 2way player. Also needed is a powerful 2way sf to respond to the fact that all top20 fiba nations have nba to near-nba quality sfs. The 3rd gap to address is for a 6'2-6'6 hyperathletic combo guard, due to the fact again that all top20 teams have hyperathletic main pg or sg. These are the key pieces, together with avoidance of sophomoric teamwork, that will allow pinoy nts to barge into the top20 nations. That's aside from ending the never-ending and hopeless midget-inclusion politics of course!!

    Tanggapin din dapat ng midgets na ayos ng may trabaho sila sa pba o mpbl, kaysa magsumiksik sa dyip ng national players. Naiiintindihan naman natin na masarap magilusyon pag midget o bansot ka na kaya mong sumabay sa mga nba guards. Pero ilusyon nga iyon, at kahit mag 40 points average ka sa uaap o pba, hindi pa rin counted iyon at wala ni isang team duon ay top caliber asian nt level man lang.

    Shaping the most talented u16 to u23 youths to cover the 3 vital gaps is a must. But the use of naturalized and filfor players will have to do, until majority of young pinoy nt players can have the athleticism and highly developed talents to shut down the best of the best of the best.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 06-17-2019 at 02:27 PM.

  12. #1052
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    617
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Chris Mccullough tweets his interested to be naturalized for gilas.
    "You don't play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball" Bobby Knight

  13. #1053
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    Chris Mccullough tweets his interested to be naturalized for gilas.
    Mccullough, Jones or Brownlee who would you pick?

    I think it would all depend on the progress of Kai, Edu and the other young bigs,

  14. #1054
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    465
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Mccullough, Jones or Brownlee who would you pick?

    I think it would all depend on the progress of Kai, Edu and the other young bigs,
    Kay Boy Jollibee ako. 24 y.o palang but i think he will complement kina Kai and Edu come 2023, nasa 28 or 29 palang siya by that time

  15. #1055
    Senior Member watiwawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    806
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    How's boy jollibee when he is playing for the Wizards?
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

  16. #1056
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,078
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    How's boy jollibee when he is playing for the Wizards?
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...mcculch01.html

  17. #1057
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Kay Boy Jollibee ako. 24 y.o palang but i think he will complement kina Kai and Edu come 2023, nasa 28 or 29 palang siya by that time
    my dude Christian Wood is a year younger than Mccullough.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  18. #1058
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,078
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Jollibee guy played SF during the big run by SMB.

  19. #1059
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,792
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Jollibee guy played SF during the big run by SMB.
    Yeah that lineup with CS and JMF was big af.

  20. #1060
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Jollibee guy played SF during the big run by SMB.
    me thinks mcdo is a more natural small forward though,let's see how it pans out...abangan ang mga susunod na teleserye.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •