Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,041 to 1,051 of 1051

Thread: Players that we can naturalized

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    If it's true that angelo never ever play basketball before he arrived and only learn here in stereo, maybe the fiba can declare him as local like thon maker of austrlia

Thon maker considered by fiba as local australian player even he did not have a single local blood because he is home grown talent, same case with angelo
    Thon Maker was a refugee,Kuoame is not.Maker's case is of those marginal cases. see eligibility rule 34.Marginal cases

Last edited by Alex07; 05-12-2019 at 12:28 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

we respect our constitution even if fiba does not..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Yes Philippine and australia have different naturalization procedure, they can naturalize at any age while we only entertain 21 yrs old and above even the applicant is refugees, but what I heard in one of the commentator during last fiba game between Philippine and australia, the free for all game, thon maker declared by fiba as local because gave weight the being home grown talent despite having no single drop of australian blood.

My point is if fiba really consider the being home grown why thon maker declared as local australian player, then angelo can be also

Yes Philippine and australia have different naturalization procedure, they can naturalize at any age while we only entertain 21 yrs old and above even the applicant is refugees, but what I heard in one of the commentator during last fiba game between Philippine and australia, the free for all game, thon maker declared by fiba as local because gave weight the being home grown talent despite having no single drop of australian blood.

My point is if fiba really consider the being home grown why thon maker declared as local australian player, then angelo can be also
    Maker emigrated to Australia when he was 5 years old. He probably hardly remembers Sudan and Australia is the only home he’s ever known.

I'm not even talking about the two different citizenship laws, although you are correct, It requires someone to be at least 21 to be naturalized. Fiba's eligibility rules on marginal cases such as refugees however are different for that with those who are ordinary immigrants.

Marginal Cases
    34. Decisions on marginal cases are the responsibility of the Secretary General following consultation with the Chairman of the FIBA Legal Commission.
    The same shall apply with respect to refugees enjoying asylum rights and displaced persons (UN Conventions).
    In certain cases, FIBA nationality may be granted to a player.
    To be considered as a refugee you must qualify according to the standards of UNCHR. As for FIBA recognizing our constitution, it is another story.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

With the era of small ball that you dont need a very tall center, but a versatile center, Terrence Jones, is a perfect candidate for naturalization. I'm also surprise that he is a good defender and passer. I think SBP should consider adding him to the candidates. Much more upside than Brownlee for me.

Terrence Jones is a good candidate for naturalization if he is willing, i think he will be a better version of Recardo Ratliff with a legit Nba experience , hopefully SBP will look at it after Fiba World Cup.
    "You don't play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball" Bobby Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    Terrence Jones is a good candidate for naturalization if he is willing, i think he will be a better version of Recardo Ratliff with a legit Nba experience , hopefully SBP will look at it after Fiba World Cup.
    the guy blocked Lebron but i don't think blocking shots is his best skill and so is defending.The guy is not that young as well if you have to plan for the long term.

If you want a guy that could be a heavy scorer,can play outside and has 3 point range i'll ask former Milwakee Buck Christian Wood.The guy is just 24 years old and is around 6'10-6'11 with a 7'3 wingspan.

Last edited by Alex07; 06-17-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Wood is a poor man's Anthony Davis and has better small forward skills(handles the ball better than most bigs) than Edu and Tamayo.
    The only prob i see is that he is with the Pelicans and with AD going to the lakers he might get some more playinh time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Wood is a poor man's Anthony Davis and has better small forward skills(handles the ball better than most bigs) than Edu and Tamayo.
    The only prob i see is that he is with the Pelicans and with AD going to the lakers he might get some more playinh time.

I don’t see this guy leaving the nba anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    the guy blocked Lebron but i don't think blocking shots is his best skill and so is defending.The guy is not that young as well if you have to plan for the long term.

If you want a guy that could be a heavy scorer,can play outside and has 3 point range i'll ask former Milwakee Buck Christian Wood.The guy is just 24 years old and is around 6'10-6'11 with a 7'3 wingspan.

Yes, the nba throws away a lot of diamonds. This happens due to the excessive availability of talented and athletic players applying for nba spots. The raptors basically won with a majority of discardables to support kawhi's steel will to win.

The philippine nt basically needs a stretch4/5 to later replace the aging blatche who is a very rare complete 2way player. Also needed is a powerful 2way sf to respond to the fact that all top20 fiba nations have nba to near-nba quality sfs. The 3rd gap to address is for a 6'2-6'6 hyperathletic combo guard, due to the fact again that all top20 teams have hyperathletic main pg or sg. These are the key pieces, together with avoidance of sophomoric teamwork, that will allow pinoy nts to barge into the top20 nations. That's aside from ending the never-ending and hopeless midget-inclusion politics of course!!

Tanggapin din dapat ng midgets na ayos ng may trabaho sila sa pba o mpbl, kaysa magsumiksik sa dyip ng national players. Naiiintindihan naman natin na masarap magilusyon pag midget o bansot ka na kaya mong sumabay sa mga nba guards. Pero ilusyon nga iyon, at kahit mag 40 points average ka sa uaap o pba, hindi pa rin counted iyon at wala ni isang team duon ay top caliber asian nt level man lang.

Shaping the most talented u16 to u23 youths to cover the 3 vital gaps is a must. But the use of naturalized and filfor players will have to do, until majority of young pinoy nt players can have the athleticism and highly developed talents to shut down the best of the best of the best.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 06-17-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253