Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1193

Thread: Players that we can naturalized

  1. #1161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    476
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Kenneth Faried: athletic freak, defensive monster, powerful rebounder, only 6'8...
    https://www.asia-basket.com/China/ne...Kenneth-Faried
    played for team USA in 2014 world cup tho, and already 30 yrs old w/ a history of injuries

  2. #1162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,233
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    played for team USA in 2014 world cup tho, and already 30 yrs old w/ a history of injuries
    not good

  3. #1163
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,428
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    played for team USA in 2014 world cup tho, and already 30 yrs old w/ a history of injuries
    had a good showing in Spain and actually played better than Demarcus Cousins


  4. #1164
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,982
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    had a good showing in Spain and actually played better than Demarcus Cousins

    but still, that's the type of player gilas needs...
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

  5. #1165
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,933
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson;1322398[B
    ]played for team USA [/B]in 2014 world cup tho, and already 30 yrs old w/ a history of injuries
    Can Jalen Green still play for Gilas even if he has already for the USA youth teams? In Football, A footballer who has multiple ethnicity can change NT's as long as he has not played for the Men's(Senior) Team of country he had represented.

    Is Jalen Green eligible to play as a local if not maybe we can get him as naturalized same status as Pringle and CStan.

  6. #1166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,162
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Can Jalen Green still play for Gilas even if he has already for the USA youth teams? In Football, A footballer who has multiple ethnicity can change NT's as long as he has not played for the Men's(Senior) Team of country he had represented.

    Is Jalen Green eligible to play as a local if not maybe we can get him as naturalized same status as Pringle and CStan.
    Standhardinger played for Germany's youth team. So Jalen Green's route to Gilas would be the same as Standhardinger's, that is if he wants to play for PH..

  7. #1167
    Senior Member yogaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    Standhardinger played for Germany's youth team. So Jalen Green's route to Gilas would be the same as Standhardinger's, that is if he wants to play for PH..
    But as naturalize not as local due to the FIBA rule right now for passport before 16. But if he really is that good ala James Harden, then why not pick him as our naturalize. But Team USA will not let him go with that type of talent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #1168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Hopefully SBP consider and ask Jordan Wilmore if he has interest to be our Naturalized Player especially now that they can contact him through Kai.

  9. #1169
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,982
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    Standhardinger played for Germany's youth team. So Jalen Green's route to Gilas would be the same as Standhardinger's, that is if he wants to play for PH..
    FIBA should adopt FIFA's rules, which allows a player to switch nationalities once.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

  10. #1170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,279
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Brownlees naturalization is already on process
    We must have a pool of naturalized players. Like romero said we need 5. The only logical choice I can think of now is

    1. Terrence Jones
    2. Chris Mccollough
    3. Kouame
    4. Mbala
    5. Scouts prospect( if ginebra, smb, tnt can scout good imports, why not sbp/gilas). (Must be young in 2023 and have nba experience. Very hard but it is neccessary)

  11. #1171
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    866
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...-a795-20200109

    Mccullough posting interest on twitter

  12. #1172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,162
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Brownlees naturalization is already on process
    We must have a pool of naturalized players. Like romero said we need 5. The only logical choice I can think of now is

    1. Terrence Jones
    2. Chris Mccollough
    3. Kouame
    4. Mbala
    5. Scouts prospect( if ginebra, smb, tnt can scout good imports, why not sbp/gilas). (Must be young in 2023 and have nba experience. Very hard but it is neccessary)
    Forget Mbala, he played for his country already.

  13. #1173
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,982
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    we can't take utmost advantage of our naturalized players if the PBA will still consider them as imports. Japan's B League already considers naturalized players as locals and the PBA should follow suit. Hopefully anyone here connected to a PBA team forwards this idea to their bosses.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

  14. #1174
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,084
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    we can't take utmost advantage of our naturalized players if the PBA will still consider them as imports. Japan's B League already considers naturalized players as locals and the PBA should follow suit. Hopefully anyone here connected to a PBA team forwards this idea to their bosses.
    yeah douthit still considered as “import”

  15. #1175
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    https://sports.mb.com.ph/2019/10/07/...3j43mKcVS4tHSY

    Diliman College and CEU seem to have mastered the African player recruitment game, first they got Chabi Yo and Ebondo, now they have another new finds in Gandjeto, Niang, and Diouf.
    How in the world uaap teams cannot discover top tier imports beforehand? While they're finding lemons, they only compensate it by pirating the good ones from the lower leagues..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  16. #1176
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    How in the world uaap teams cannot discover top tier imports beforehand? While they're finding lemons, they only compensate it by pirating the good ones from the lower leagues..
    Attraction appeal... if they reach a certian level they would want to go to Div 1 or US or even Canada.

  17. #1177
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yeah douthit still considered as “import”
    Yeah, and he being a Filipino has all the rights to gain employment in the PHL, right? No matter if the entity has special clauses to not hire "Naturalized" pinoys. The least Marcus could do is challenge that ruling in the courts.

    Remember, many tsinoys gain citizenship trough naturalizations too. and have become the country's biggest employers.

  18. #1178
    Senior Member el scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yeah douthit still considered as “import”
    I've always found this ridiculous. Actually want the college imports to have the option to be naturalized too. Some of them don't have leagues to play in once they graduate. Imagine if Mbala and Kouame are naturalized and they could play in the PBA as locals. Level of play would improve.

  19. #1179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,162
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Somebody has to challenge the PBA using the PH law. But not Douthit, because he won't gain anything. Blatche probably could. Maybe Brownlee if naturalized (he'll have SMC as backers to make him a local).

  20. #1180
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,084
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Yeah, and he being a Filipino has all the rights to gain employment in the PHL, right? No matter if the entity has special clauses to not hire "Naturalized" pinoys. The least Marcus could do is challenge that ruling in the courts.

    Remember, many tsinoys gain citizenship trough naturalizations too. and have become the country's biggest employers.
    Quote Originally Posted by el scorcho View Post
    I've always found this ridiculous. Actually want the college imports to have the option to be naturalized too. Some of them don't have leagues to play in once they graduate. Imagine if Mbala and Kouame are naturalized and they could play in the PBA as locals. Level of play would improve.
    same with blatche.. nlex or tnt wanted to use him around 2nd conference as their “import” but ridiculously PBA didn’t allow as it exceeds the height limit..

    yeah PBA should change that rule about naturalized player playing as local in PBA.. it could have challenge the pinoy bigs and the level of play goes up..

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •