• Show
Clear All

There is finally time to play against Greece

Salute from Skopje Macedonia

Comment

Originally posted by Great Macedonian
      There is finally time to play against Greece

Salute from Skopje Macedonia
      Don't be ashamed by your country true name? So far, you live in F.Y.R.O.M. (former yugoslavian republic of Macedonia).

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionGate
        Don't be ashamed by your country true name? So far, you live in F.Y.R.O.M. (former yugoslavian republic of Macedonia).

Who would win in this game that gets the right to carry the name of Macedonia.

Comment

Guys let's not start shall we? If you really want to discuss the matter, go here.
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
            Turkey has to stay focused, just as they did in the qualification round, otherwise we may easily end up last in the group. Poland and Bulgaria will see us the most probable team to upset. I expect intense games between us three.

I guess Turkoglu will join the NT but I hope Okur won't. By experience, we know we play more concentrated without our stars, and we usually win close games. I expect Ilyasova, Turkoglu, Omer Asik to carry us in the tournament, and I'm optimistic.

It's too early but I'm planning to attend the games in Poland. Do you know which city will host Group D games?
            we don't need Okur. i was surprised watching O.Savas and F.Solak in the elimination, they had decent games i didnt miss O.Asık.Expectation might be big for a 2nd pot team but i agree with you about ending up last.

Comment

I expect Enes Kanter to be in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas
                Wroclaw is the worst city (I mean distance) to play in for Liths fans. I was hoping for a Gdansk or Warsaw or atleast Poznan, but only not Wroclaw Atleast the second round will be played in Lodz, but in play-offs stages (if we'll reach it) again it's Katowice, a city near border with Czech republic, but atleast all games will be played during weekend, so it shouldn't be big problem to stay there for some days.
                No Wrocław is the best city . I live near Wrocław and I'll go to games with group D.Wrocław is basketball city.

PS.We invite all Lithuanians fans.
                Turów- probably the best team on the world

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                  Finland with very little chances of course.
                  I am happy that we are staying at A-level, that was a reasonable aim right from the beginning. What comes to spreading info on basketball, Italy and France are the best possible ones. We get to see and play against legit NBA stars: comparing that a year ago we were still talking about Pippen in Finland, this is quite a step forward! Although I bet that our newspapers will make bigger titles if Longoria comes or not than what's-his-name-that-husband-of-hers-who-plays-that-orangeball?

I believe Finland manages to play one outstanding game at home. Hopefully that's enough for one win.

Comment

now that Tal Burstein is back in shape and we have Raviv Limonad and Omri casspi in the 2009 squad.. we're looking great.strong back-court but we're lacking of another dominante good 5.. we cant depand on Green! Hope we can finally win our greek friends.

Comment

Todor Gecevski player basketboll club Zadar
                      said that there is time to avenge on Israel.

I hope that the time has come to win Israel, which is a large debtor of Macedonia. Still we are tears in the eyes when you remember the 1999 defeat in the French and last year in Menorca Spain. However, I think that duel between Macedonia and Greece will be with a lot of emotion for us players.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Official Eurobasket 2009 promoting video.

Poland has a good first phase group. The problem is second phase group with Spain, Slovenia and Serbia...

I believe we will be strong next september. Our roster should be optimal or close to the optimal:

PG Szubarga (Stal Ostrów)/Koszarek (Anwil Włocławek)
                        SG Kitzinger/Kikowski/Waczyński (there's a group of players on our SG position on similar level so there's no matter who finally will play)
                        SF Ignerski (CajaSol Sewilla)/Roszyk (Turów Zgorzelec)
                        PF Lampe (Khimki Moscow)/Dylewicz (Asseco Prokom Sopot)
                        C Gortat (Orlando Magic)/Wójcik (PBG Basket Poznań)/Szewczyk (Lokomotiv Rostov)

All of them played friendly games last summer. There weren't only Lampe, who declared that he will play EC... In that optimal roster for me there are only five players (Wójcik, Dylewicz, Koszarek, Szewczyk, Kitzinger), who played in Spain year ago. There were no Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski, Szubarga (starters for me) and Roszyk.

And there's a question: If we have that guys on PF/C positions, who will be better under the basket?

And talking about Dickau or Andrew Wiśniewski. We don't want to naturalise them. We just want to prove that they were Poles since they was born (Polish grandparents or grandgrandparents). So formally we could have them both on one naturalised player - Chris Thomas for example.

I dont't like idea at all. Espiecially if Szubarga and Koszarek have great season in polish league. Szubarga 16.6 pts, 4.3 ast, 3.4 reb, 2.14 stl.; Koszarek 15.7 pts, 3.3 ast, 4.6 reb, 2 stl.

Maybe it's a good time to start Eurobasket forum on IBN?

Comment

Motivation arms against the Greeks

Since we qualify the European Championship in the locker room we were excited and the emotions we shout: Eh us now fall Greece at the European Championship. What we wish is fulfilled.

Schedule is good says captain Vrbica Stefanov. Good is that the first match play against Greece, because after our players can take fatigue. In the field Vrbica expected to be quiet. Know Greek players, I think it will not be tensions on the game. I played basketball in Greece, and i think that I was the first Macedonian who played for Greece team. I expect sports fight. Everyone would be happy if we win - say captain Vrbica.

Comment

SG Kitzinger/Kikowski/Waczyński (there's a group of players on our SG position on similar level so there's no matter who finally will play)
                            And as you can see we have some problems on the 1-2 positions. Mayby Roszyk could start with Ignerski as a guard to defend best shooters on the oposite team. and dann he could rotate with Kitzinger and Kikowski/Waczynski/Woloszyn in the rest of the game. Those three players can play as a guard na d small forward so it isn't a big problem.

And let's just hope that Lampe doesnt have any arm injury as he had before eurobasket 2007. If you know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by greg
                              http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkkKXrmwEY

Official Eurobasket 2009 promoting video.
                              A very cool try at a cool video too bad the voice actor didn't practice his english enough.
                              My homage to The heroes:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by greg
                                I believe we will be strong next september. Our roster should be optimal or close to the optimal:

All of them played friendly games last summer. There weren't only Lampe, who declared that he will play EC... In that optimal roster for me there are only five players (Wójcik, Dylewicz, Koszarek, Szewczyk, Kitzinger), who played in Spain year ago. There were no Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski, Szubarga (starters for me) and Roszyk.
                                Does Lampe officially played ever for Polska NT or not? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information