Russia/Germany/Latvia/Qualifier*

Group C
    Spain/Slovenia/Serbia/Great Britain

Group D
    Lithuania/Turkey/Poland/Bulgaria

*Draw for the Additional Qualification Round

Group A: Portugal/Bosnia and Herzegovina/Belgium
    Group B: France/Italy/Finland
    Portugal couldn't be in a better group, they avoided France and Italy. BiH and Belgium are not soft, but at least there's a real chance to reach the qualification final (not exactly to be in Poland). Finland with very little chances of course.
    Oh yes elaj, those clashes will be very interesting
    I still cannot believe Germany will be Dirkless, I got used to watching him in every Eurobasket in the past few years, it'll be hard to handle. Dirk makes bad habits
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Quite good group for us. Questions only who will win qualifier tournament( i hope Italy, because France very unpleasent contender for us.) and will Holden to play for us next year or not ( even if not, i don,t want to see naturalize americans nevermore. It,s time to develop homegrown players.)

Comment

does anyone can say team of great britain i didnt watch them and i dont know anything about them.... SRBIJA ! ! ! Tepic,Tripkovic,Vujanic...beware...
        PARTIZAN - PAOK - CSKA MOSKVA -

OTHODOX BROTHERS

Comment

Originally posted by nikolapfc89
          does anyone can say team of great britain i didnt watch them and i dont know anything about them.... SRBIJA ! ! ! Tepic,Tripkovic,Vujanic...beware...

Last edited by rikhardur; 11-09-2008, 12:14 AM.
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

EuroBasket 2009

Preliminary Round
            Gruop A
            Sep 7 F.Y.R. of Macedonia vs. Greece
            Sep 7 Croatia vs. Israel
            Sep 8 Israel vs. F.Y.R. of Macedonia
            Sep 8 Greece vs. Croatia
            Sep 9 F.Y.R. of Macedonia vs. Croatia
            Sep 9 Israel vs. Greece

Group B
            Jul 7 Russia vs. Latvia
            Jul 7 Qualifier vs. Germany
            Jul 8 Germany vs. Russia
            Jul 8 Latvia vs. Qualifier
            Jul 9 Russia vs. Qualifier
            Jul 9 Germany vs. Latvia

Group C
            Jul 7 Great Britain vs. Slovenia
            Jul 7 Serbia vs. Spain
            Jul 8 Spain vs. Great Britain
            Jul 8 Slovenia vs. Serbia
            Jul 9 Great Britain vs. Serbia
            Jul 9 Spain vs. Slovenia

Group D
            Jul 7 Poland vs. Bulgaria
            Jul 7 Turkey vs. Lithuania
            Jul 8 Lithuania vs. Poland
            Jul 8 Bulgaria vs. Turkey
            Jul 9 Poland vs. Turkey
            Jul 9 Lithuania vs. Bulgaria

Qualifying Round
            Group E
            Jul 11 B2 vs. A2
            Jul 11 B3 vs. A1
            Jul 11 B1 vs. A3
            Jul 13 A3 vs. B3
            Jul 13 A1 vs. B2
            Jul 13 A2 vs. B1
            Jul 15 B2 vs. A3
            Jul 15 B3 vs. A2
            Jul 15 B1 vs. A1

Group F
            Jul 12 D2 vs. C2
            Jul 12 D3 vs. C1
            Jul 12 D1 vs. C3
            Jul 14 C3 vs. D3
            Jul 14 C1 vs. D2
            Jul 14 C2 vs. D1
            Jul 16 D2 vs. C3
            Jul 16 D3 vs. C2
            Jul 16 D1 vs. C1

1/4 Final
            Jul 18 E1 vs. F4
            Jul 18 E2 vs. F3
            Jul 18 F2 vs. E3
            Jul 18 F1 vs. E4
            Last edited by Kings; 11-13-2008, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Well, the tradition for Lithuania to start the Eurobasket against Turkey is here again Just like in 2005 and 2007. I wonder how strong Bulgaria is. Poland will have a lot hope, but I don't think they have a lot of potency here, though I have no doubt this Eurobasket will help a lot to develop BB popularity for our neighbours. It will be realy interesting how renewed Serbia will look. Will finally Spain dominate this competition? Navarro already said, that they are favorites Unfortunately, he's 100% right.
              As for Lithuania, the biggest intrigue is a question if we'll have our mohicans in the roster or the team will be filled with new players. Federation says that the team will be renewed in WC 2010.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
                Well, the tradition for Lithuania to start the Eurobasket against Turkey is here again Just like in 2005 and 2007. I wonder how strong Bulgaria is. Poland will have a lot hope, but I don't think they have a lot of potency here, though I have no doubt this Eurobasket will help a lot to develop BB popularity for our neighbours.
                Well..We have some problems on the 1-2 positions. But the 3-5 positions are looking pretty good IMO. Ignerski, Lampe, Gortat, Szewczyk, Dylewicz and mayby Wójcik (+Roszyk on the SF). If those players are gonna play than we can make some trouble to Turkey team.
                On PG posiotnions we have Koszarek and Szubarga, but those two aren't on the right level (Eurobasket level). We have some ideas on naturalizing (dont know if this is the right word) Dan Dickau or Chris Thomas, so we will see.

Sry for my english. i know it is a pretty low level.

Comment

Originally posted by brss
                  Well..We have some problems on the 1-2 positions. But the 3-5 positions are looking pretty good IMO. Ignerski, Lampe, Gortat, Szewczyk, Dylewicz and mayby Wójcik (+Roszyk on the SF). If those players are gonna play than we can make some trouble to Turkey team.
                  On PG posiotnions we have Koszarek and Szubarga, but those two aren't on the right level (Eurobasket level). We have some ideas on naturalizing (dont know if this is the right word) Dan Dickau or Chris Thomas, so we will see.
                  Well, yes, Lithuanian spies already brought this information home I have to say that if Gortat, Lampe and other Polish stars will play than it might be interesting team, specially if Lithuania and Turkey will lose some of key players. For example, Lithuania is one team with Jasikevičius and other without him, the same with Šiškauskas (god, damn it!). But i have to say I don't like the fact that Poland goes the same way as Russia, Germany while trying to naturalize some players. Errr...I heard that Shaq's grandmother is from Lithuania, maybe we should grab him while Ilgauskas is hard a issue I would suggest to stay with your own players, this is all about NATIONAL TEAM anyway.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
                    Group C is the toughest probably. Spain is the fav of course but it will be interesting to see how Serbia looks like. Tough luck for GB. In any other group they could have a chance for an upset win. Not here.
                    The best part about this group it's that it will be played in Warsaw!!! . So potentially 6 exciting live games for me...
                    Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Originally posted by woma
                      The best part about this group it's that it will be played in Warsaw!!! . So potentially 6 exciting live games for me...
                      And I couldn't say the same thing about Lithuania's fans, who has plans to go and cheer for NT Wroclaw is the worst city (I mean distance) to play in for Liths fans. I was hoping for a Gdansk or Warsaw or atleast Poznan, but only not Wroclaw Atleast the second round will be played in Lodz, but in play-offs stages (if we'll reach it) again it's Katowice, a city near border with Czech republic, but atleast all games will be played during weekend, so it shouldn't be big problem to stay there for some days. It's interesting what tickets' prices might be for the games.

Comment

Turkey has to stay focused, just as they did in the qualification round, otherwise we may easily end up last in the group. Poland and Bulgaria will see us the most probable team to upset. I expect intense games between us three.

I guess Turkoglu will join the NT but I hope Okur won't. By experience, we know we play more concentrated without our stars, and we usually win close games. I expect Ilyasova, Turkoglu, Omer Asik to carry us in the tournament, and I'm optimistic.

Originally posted by woma
                        It's too early but I'm planning to attend the games in Poland. Do you know which city will host Group D games?
                        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
                          It's too early but I'm planning to attend the games in Poland. Do you know which city will host Group D games?
                          Wroclaw

Link: Fibaeurope.com

Edit: Thanks, Mindozas. -sariss-
                          Last edited by Levenspiel; 11-10-2008, 01:09 PM.

Comment

For example, Lithuania is one team with Jasikevičius and other without him, the same with Å iÅ¡kauskas (god, damn it!).
                            I tottaly agree with you. And btw. Is Slanina has any chances to make the NT team (mayby for Kaukenas backup)? And one more: Jasikevicius? Is he gonna play? Does he said anything about the Eurobasket 2009?

But i have to say I don't like the fact that Poland goes the same way as Russia, Germany while trying to naturalize some players.
                            Don't worry about it, because our organisation is trying for something like 2 years to naturalize a American PG, but no results for now. And IMO they dont gonna make it to the Eurobasket.

P.S. How many teams advance from the group to the next round? 3 or 2?

Comment

I tottaly agree with you. And btw. Is Slanina has any chances to make the NT team (mayby for Kaukenas backup)? And one more: Jasikevicius? Is he gonna play? Does he said anything about the Eurobasket 2009?
                              I don't think Slanina will come to NT camp even if he'll be invited. Back to the preparation of Eurobasket 2007 he worked realy hard all summer and than he was reject before the competition. After that he said that he would think hard if he would come for another time. The coach is still the same, so i don't think Slanina will come or even will be invited. On the other hand, he always struggled to show his best in national team.
                              As for Jasikevičius, he said that he'll think about it after season. No idea if he'll play.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

P.S. How many teams advance from the group to the next round? 3 or 2?
                                3 teams will advance

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information