• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket 2009 draw

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Would like to see in our group: Germany, Poland and Bulgaria

Comment

I'd prefer Germany, Macedonia and Britain.

It's a shame to see that Italy or France or even the both of them will miss out . It won't be the same without them.

Comment

Well, Parker took the Dirk mode, so, he will be there. He just needs at least one other player hitting the open 3 on a regular basis. Not a bunch of guys you can watch shooting and then take the rebound.
        It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by damelo
          Well, Parker took the Dirk mode, so, he will be there. He just needs at least one other player hitting the open 3 on a regular basis. Not a bunch of guys you can watch shooting and then take the rebound.
          I don't think so. France will gather a good TEAM or they will lose to Italy (they might bring good team). France won't make it with Parker and ONE MORE PLAYER
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Today will be groups draw for EC, anybody got link where I can wathc live video with it?
            Last edited by rikhardur; 11-08-2008, 11:34 PM. Reason: Threads merged

Comment

Originally posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin
              Today will be groups draw for EC, anybody got link where I can wathc live video with it?
              In fiba europe site.
              Turów- probably the best team on the world

Comment

Draw results for the EC Finals

Group A
                Greece/Croatia/FYR Macedonia/Israel

Group B
                Russia/Germany/Latvia/Qualifier*

Group C
                Spain/Slovenia/Serbia/Great Britain

Group D
                Lithuania/Turkey/Poland/Bulgaria

*Draw for the Additional Qualification Round

Group A: Portugal/Bosnia and Herzegovina/Belgium
                Group B: France/Italy/Finland
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
                  Draw results for the EC Finals

Group A
                  Greece/Croatia/FYR Macedonia/Israel

Group B
                  Russia/Germany/Latvia/Qualifier*

Group C
                  Spain/Slovenia/Serbia/Great Britain

Group D
                  Lithuania/Turkey/Poland/Bulgaria

*Draw for the Additional Qualification Round

Group A: Portugal/Bosnia and Herzegovina/Belgium
                  Group B: France/Italy/Finland
                  I'm really satisfied with the rivals we have got in the first stage of the competition, but in 2nd round (if we will get there) will be really tough. A lot of will depend on which players we and other teams will have in their squad for this EC

Comment

I like it. If we are for real, we don't need to fear anyone, if we suck as always we go home already after group stage.

Slovenia - Serbia
                    Macedonia - Greece

Haha.
                    Last edited by elaj; 11-08-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

It looks like that group B is the easyest one.

Israel placed not in an easy group, wich Greece in the big favorite here, and Croatia is 2nd.
                      2022/2023:
                      PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                      SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                      SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                      PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                      PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Are there any absentees we already know about?

Dirk won't play for sure. Because of that, Kaman will probably not play either. Germany without Dirk (and many other veterans?) will not pose a problem for too many teams. Playing without Kaman is a huge lift though.

Pau said he probably won't play, but he hasn't decided 100% yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M
                          It looks like that group B is the easyest one.

Israel placed not in an easy group, wich Greece in the big favorite here, and Croatia is 2nd.
                          With the probable inclusion of France or Italy to Group B, I think we can say all the groups will have similar strength, at least on paper.
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Tough matchup for BG. I expect us to fight with Poland for the 3rd place and the chance to go through. Just like 4 years ago we have to face LTU and TR against both of which we had great games. It will be interesting.

Group C is the toughest probably. Spain is the fav of course but it will be interesting to see how Serbia looks like. Tough luck for GB. In any other group they could have a chance for an upset win. Not here.

Group B is probably the easiest. I wonder whether we will see the Russia of 2007 or last summer's Russia. Germany will be without Dirk, which means that we have no idea where they stand up. I expect France or Italy to be the 4th team here. Really unpredictable group.

Group A: It will be between Greece and Croatia I guess. The games between
                            them had been decided by a buzzer beater the last 2 times they met. Israel yet again in Greece's group. Will this be the time to beat them?

Originally posted by elaj
                            Macedonia - Greece
                            Haha.
                            I'm guessing my fellow brothers will be smart enough not to show up with any funny names like that on their jerseys. They won't risk a disqualification. I expect tension in the stands. It will take only 1 fan from each side to create a mayhem in there.
                            The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe
                              Are there any absentees we already know about?
                              Siskauskas said that he retires from NT, so if he won't change his mind (I really doubt that he will), we won't see him in EC.
                              Songaila before OG said that tournament in Beijing will be tha last one for him wearing LT NT jersey. But after he missed it because of back injury, he said that he'll think about possible come back to the squad.
                              Jasikevicius, Lavrinovic brothers most probably will make their decisions after the clubs' season will be over.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information