Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eurobasket 2009 draw

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkkKXrmwEY

Official Eurobasket 2009 promoting video.

Poland has a good first phase group. The problem is second phase group with Spain, Slovenia and Serbia...

I believe we will be strong next september. Our roster should be optimal or close to the optimal:

PG Szubarga (Stal Ostrów)/Koszarek (Anwil Włocławek)
    SG Kitzinger/Kikowski/Waczyński (there's a group of players on our SG position on similar level so there's no matter who finally will play)
    SF Ignerski (CajaSol Sewilla)/Roszyk (Turów Zgorzelec)
    PF Lampe (Khimki Moscow)/Dylewicz (Asseco Prokom Sopot)
    C Gortat (Orlando Magic)/Wójcik (PBG Basket Poznań)/Szewczyk (Lokomotiv Rostov)

All of them played friendly games last summer. There weren't only Lampe, who declared that he will play EC... In that optimal roster for me there are only five players (Wójcik, Dylewicz, Koszarek, Szewczyk, Kitzinger), who played in Spain year ago. There were no Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski, Szubarga (starters for me) and Roszyk.

And there's a question: If we have that guys on PF/C positions, who will be better under the basket?

And talking about Dickau or Andrew Wiśniewski. We don't want to naturalise them. We just want to prove that they were Poles since they was born (Polish grandparents or grandgrandparents). So formally we could have them both on one naturalised player - Chris Thomas for example.

I dont't like idea at all. Espiecially if Szubarga and Koszarek have great season in polish league. Szubarga 16.6 pts, 4.3 ast, 3.4 reb, 2.14 stl.; Koszarek 15.7 pts, 3.3 ast, 4.6 reb, 2 stl.

Maybe it's a good time to start Eurobasket forum on IBN?

Motivation arms against the Greeks

Since we qualify the European Championship in the locker room we were excited and the emotions we shout: Eh us now fall Greece at the European Championship. What we wish is fulfilled.

Schedule is good says captain Vrbica Stefanov. Good is that the first match play against Greece, because after our players can take fatigue. In the field Vrbica expected to be quiet. Know Greek players, I think it will not be tensions on the game. I played basketball in Greece, and i think that I was the first Macedonian who played for Greece team. I expect sports fight. Everyone would be happy if we win - say captain Vrbica.

SG Kitzinger/Kikowski/Waczyński (there's a group of players on our SG position on similar level so there's no matter who finally will play)
    And as you can see we have some problems on the 1-2 positions. Mayby Roszyk could start with Ignerski as a guard to defend best shooters on the oposite team. and dann he could rotate with Kitzinger and Kikowski/Waczynski/Woloszyn in the rest of the game. Those three players can play as a guard na d small forward so it isn't a big problem.

And let's just hope that Lampe doesnt have any arm injury as he had before eurobasket 2007. If you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by greg
    http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkkKXrmwEY

Official Eurobasket 2009 promoting video.
    A very cool try at a cool video too bad the voice actor didn't practice his english enough.

Quote Originally Posted by greg
    I believe we will be strong next september. Our roster should be optimal or close to the optimal:

All of them played friendly games last summer. There weren't only Lampe, who declared that he will play EC... In that optimal roster for me there are only five players (Wójcik, Dylewicz, Koszarek, Szewczyk, Kitzinger), who played in Spain year ago. There were no Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski, Szubarga (starters for me) and Roszyk.
    Does Lampe officially played ever for Polska NT or not? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vaslover
    Does Lampe officially played ever for Polska NT or not? Thanks
    Yes, of course.

He played for our cadet and junior teams on EC. And in senior NT: he played in Eurobasket 2005 qualification games in summer 2004, and in some preparation games in summer 2007 before Eurobasket 2007. Finally he didn't play there because of the "injury", probably Urlep was a major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha12
    A very cool try at a cool video too bad the voice actor didn't practice his english enough.
    I think I know what they needed.

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPBvFXf9Q2U

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men
    I think I know what they needed.

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPBvFXf9Q2U

LOL i was thinking the exact same thing when i heared it, like is someone doing a parody of Pablo Francisco lol.

Does anyone know how much the tickets will cost, or at least how much the tickets usually cost for such events?

I hope Bosnia makes it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123