Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Eurobasket 2009 draw

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    223
    Country: Aaland

    Default

    http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkkKXrmwEY

    Official Eurobasket 2009 promoting video.

    Poland has a good first phase group. The problem is second phase group with Spain, Slovenia and Serbia...

    I believe we will be strong next september. Our roster should be optimal or close to the optimal:

    PG Szubarga (Stal Ostrów)/Koszarek (Anwil Włocławek)
    SG Kitzinger/Kikowski/Waczyński (there's a group of players on our SG position on similar level so there's no matter who finally will play)
    SF Ignerski (CajaSol Sewilla)/Roszyk (Turów Zgorzelec)
    PF Lampe (Khimki Moscow)/Dylewicz (Asseco Prokom Sopot)
    C Gortat (Orlando Magic)/Wójcik (PBG Basket Poznań)/Szewczyk (Lokomotiv Rostov)

    All of them played friendly games last summer. There weren't only Lampe, who declared that he will play EC... In that optimal roster for me there are only five players (Wójcik, Dylewicz, Koszarek, Szewczyk, Kitzinger), who played in Spain year ago. There were no Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski, Szubarga (starters for me) and Roszyk.

    And there's a question: If we have that guys on PF/C positions, who will be better under the basket?


    And talking about Dickau or Andrew Wiśniewski. We don't want to naturalise them. We just want to prove that they were Poles since they was born (Polish grandparents or grandgrandparents). So formally we could have them both on one naturalised player - Chris Thomas for example.

    I dont't like idea at all. Espiecially if Szubarga and Koszarek have great season in polish league. Szubarga 16.6 pts, 4.3 ast, 3.4 reb, 2.14 stl.; Koszarek 15.7 pts, 3.3 ast, 4.6 reb, 2 stl.


    Maybe it's a good time to start Eurobasket forum on IBN?

  2. #42

    Default

    Motivation arms against the Greeks




    Since we qualify the European Championship in the locker room we were excited and the emotions we shout: Eh us now fall Greece at the European Championship. What we wish is fulfilled.


    Schedule is good says captain Vrbica Stefanov. Good is that the first match play against Greece, because after our players can take fatigue. In the field Vrbica expected to be quiet. Know Greek players, I think it will not be tensions on the game. I played basketball in Greece, and i think that I was the first Macedonian who played for Greece team. I expect sports fight. Everyone would be happy if we win - say captain Vrbica.

  3. #43

    Default

    PG Szubarga (Stal Ostrów)/Koszarek (Anwil Włocławek)
    SG Kitzinger/Kikowski/Waczyński (there's a group of players on our SG position on similar level so there's no matter who finally will play)
    SF Ignerski (CajaSol Sewilla)/Roszyk (Turów Zgorzelec)
    PF Lampe (Khimki Moscow)/Dylewicz (Asseco Prokom Sopot)
    C Gortat (Orlando Magic)/Wójcik (PBG Basket Poznań)/Szewczyk (Lokomotiv Rostov)
    And as you can see we have some problems on the 1-2 positions. Mayby Roszyk could start with Ignerski as a guard to defend best shooters on the oposite team. and dann he could rotate with Kitzinger and Kikowski/Waczynski/Woloszyn in the rest of the game. Those three players can play as a guard na d small forward so it isn't a big problem.

    And let's just hope that Lampe doesnt have any arm injury as he had before eurobasket 2007. If you know what I mean

  4. #44
    Senior Member Alyosha12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkkKXrmwEY

    Official Eurobasket 2009 promoting video.
    A very cool try at a cool video too bad the voice actor didn't practice his english enough.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,811
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    I believe we will be strong next september. Our roster should be optimal or close to the optimal:

    PG Szubarga (Stal Ostrów)/Koszarek (Anwil Włocławek)
    SG Kitzinger/Kikowski/Waczyński (there's a group of players on our SG position on similar level so there's no matter who finally will play)
    SF Ignerski (CajaSol Sewilla)/Roszyk (Turów Zgorzelec)
    PF Lampe (Khimki Moscow)/Dylewicz (Asseco Prokom Sopot)
    C Gortat (Orlando Magic)/Wójcik (PBG Basket Poznań)/Szewczyk (Lokomotiv Rostov)

    All of them played friendly games last summer. There weren't only Lampe, who declared that he will play EC... In that optimal roster for me there are only five players (Wójcik, Dylewicz, Koszarek, Szewczyk, Kitzinger), who played in Spain year ago. There were no Lampe, Gortat, Ignerski, Szubarga (starters for me) and Roszyk.
    Does Lampe officially played ever for Polska NT or not? Thanks

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    223
    Country: Aaland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vaslover
    Does Lampe officially played ever for Polska NT or not? Thanks
    Yes, of course.

    He played for our cadet and junior teams on EC. And in senior NT: he played in Eurobasket 2005 qualification games in summer 2004, and in some preparation games in summer 2007 before Eurobasket 2007. Finally he didn't play there because of the "injury", probably Urlep was a major problem.

  7. #47
    Senior Member KWSN-Men's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha12
    A very cool try at a cool video too bad the voice actor didn't practice his english enough.
    I think I know what they needed.

    http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPBvFXf9Q2U


  8. #48
    Senior Member Alyosha12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men
    I think I know what they needed.

    http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPBvFXf9Q2U


    LOL i was thinking the exact same thing when i heared it, like is someone doing a parody of Pablo Francisco lol.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Alyosha12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,235

    Default

    Does anyone know how much the tickets will cost, or at least how much the tickets usually cost for such events?

  10. #50
    Senior Member Delibasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    245

    Default

    I hope Bosnia makes it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •