View Poll Results: Who will win the title?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Žalgiris

15 62.50%
  • Lietuvos Rytas

9 37.50%
  • ASK Riga

0 0%
  • Rock

0 0%
  • No idea.

0 0%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BBL (Baltic Basketball League) 2008-2009

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Whats happening in Žalgiris? I know about the "financial problems", but still... this is a bit strange.
    W. Dean didn't play, so that means Žalgiris had only two guards- Brown and 19 years old Janavičius. Woods was ejected and Jankūnas got injury. Žalgiris played whithout injured Kalnietis as well. Žalgiris needs to solve their problems- to get the money, to buy one more guard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Senior Member Get Rich Or Die Playin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    W. Dean didn't play, so that means Žalgiris had only two guards- Brown and 19 years old Janavičius. Woods was ejected and Jankūnas got injury. Žalgiris played whithout injured Kalnietis as well. Žalgiris needs to solve their problems- to get the money, to buy one more guard.
    put that video from brawl in krepsinis.net and other sites, lithuanians gotta see it
    http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl...s_ask_zalgiris

here's both coach comments about game:
    Ramunas Butautas: "Big part in win gave everyone who played. I'm satisfied that players fighted throughout game, especially in defense. Team filled one part of game plan, other part wasn't necessary to use today."

Rimantas Grigas: "Team is in tough situation. We're preparing for Euroleague, but problems are caused lack of players and other issues. There was possibility that we wouldn't go to game. So more it's our loss than Riga's win today, because we hadn't enough resources to fight for win. About money - already two months there has been promises about fixing this situation and I hope that they will be realised. Unfortunately our team has injuries - PG Deane has arm's injury, yesterday he tried to play, but it's swelling today, so we decided to don't risk. Young player Janavicius will be good player, but currently he isn't ready for this kind of level games. Plus now we've lost for some time Jankunas, who's one of top players. I hope that we will recover and continuation will be more succesful."

Post game press conference video:
    http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl...ga_zalgiris_pr

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Whats happening in Žalgiris? I know about the "financial problems", but still... this is a bit strange.
    It's not only financial problems (which btw should be solved, cause finally Zalgiris will get the money from municipality via some bank as a loan). There are problems with players injuries and Zalgiris during all pre-season had only few practises with atleast 10 players, so they even couldn't play 5 on 5 on it or one of the coaches D.Maskoliunas played as 10th player. So it's hard to prepare for the season when situation is like this. It's easy to see that defense is horrible now, looks like they play for the first time with each other. Offense relies mostly on individual plays with only a few moments in the game, when the team makes some succesful combination. Team just ain't clicking now. Kalnietis injuried, Deane can't play with full strengh for more than a week and he supposed to be our main PG and needs to play as much as possible, cause he needs to know team as best as he can. Maciulis is also playing with some injury. Now the best Zalgiris' player so far Jankunas was injuried today in 2nd qtr and it's still unclear how serious this injury is. Also we still didn't sign another guard, which we really need right now. Invidious situation and we have only 2 weeks left till EL start. It looked everything so nice and promising after A.Gomelsky cup in Moscow and then suddenly all crashed down (injuries, financial problems). I don't really care much about these losses in BBL, but I care about team mental and physical conditions, which might be very low now. Hope everything will be solved asap...

Maybe one of you guys can give me information about Nate Fox and his suspension. He recieved worldwide suspension in march 2008 for 7 and a half months which means he should be allowed to play again at the end of october, but he appeared already in the first two games of BC Kalev. How come??? If some remark about this topic has been posted already, well, blame it on my laziness. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Aquinas
    Maybe one of you guys can give me information about Nate Fox and his suspension. He recieved worldwide suspension in march 2008 for 7 and a half months which means he should be allowed to play again at the end of october, but he appeared already in the first two games of BC Kalev. How come??? If some remark about this topic has been posted already, well, blame it on my laziness. Thanks in advance.

They talked with FIBA and hes suspension was shortened by 4 months.

BC Kalev lost to Lietuvos Rytas 76-91 (Arbet 21, Linehan 16 for Kalev - Nielsen 18 pts, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and Lukauskis 16 pts for Rytas).

BC Kalev - Rytas highlights - http://sport.err.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=6752

Valmiera got 94-90 win over Ventspils. Clark had another monster game with 32 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists. Jurevicius scored 29 for Ventspils.
    Live long Baltic States!

Fox has played very average so far, seems the suspension has got the best of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Aquinas

Is it possible to see Latvian LTV7 channel on internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Basket_
    Is it possible to see Latvian LTV7 channel on internet?
    Afaik no.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Barons 83:77 Žalgiris

In beginning of game Žalgiris totally dominated, but then Barons fought back... In first half left shoulder injury got Varda, who yelled because of pain. Don't know how serious injury, but poor Žalgiris... I really hope they will recover on and off court ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin
    Barons 83:77 Žalgiris
    but poor Žalgiris... I really hope they will recover on and off court ASAP!
    Thanks man, now we simply need time, but we don't have it.

And think Barons lost at home to Liepāja by 23 some days ago Dark days for Žalgiris
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Maybe Lithuanians are interested in this, Rimantas Grigas postgame comment video in press conference:
    http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl...a_griga_pecspe

Pretty interesting comment by coach, I recommend to watch it
    Last edited by Get Rich Or Die Playin; 10-17-2008 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin
    Pretty interesting comment by coach, I recommend to watch it
    So as far as I understood, Žalgiris is searching for a PG with good defence and team control. Dean will be moved to SG?
    One day the tides will turn
    One day the fields will burn
    One day the seas will churn
    The fury of our maker’s hand

How Ventspils could loose tonight, when they were leading 64:81 4 minuts to go.

Yeah it's pretty amazing, but I will write off that to Ventspils inexperience, they're pretty young team while Žalgiris have veteran roster

For Lithuanians: Grigas post game comment video:
    http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl...uzvarejam_ar_r

Ventspils-Žalgiris highlight video: http://esports.lv/basketbols/seb_bbl...ils_zaude_zalg

Seems like Sireika might have some serious problems with his back sooner than he is expecting! And i believe this time it would be reasonable health problems Sireika decided that he can play without PG and put Lukauskis, Babrauskas, Gecevicius in the 3th quater. That was the key of the game. Than he needed 8 minutes in the 4th quater to understand that he should have some shooters on the team and offcourse Gecevičius and Sinica didn't have a single chance, though it's a clear fact the team should work on these players, specially when others were very mediocre tonight. Sireika did everything that Rytas would lose tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Latvians surprises me again. It's nice to see that this year BBL elite division will be surprisingly competitive.All I can say is - BRAVO! The More interesting games, the better
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast