No announcement yet.

BBL (Baltic Basketball League) 2008-2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think LKL finals will get a maximum attention from managers in years. First question, will Eidson can play in such a way again? He was simply amazing. Second, they should be interested in how Kalnietis, Šalenga and Klimavičius will look (not to mention Jonas and Paulius). They all might not play in Žalgiris next year.

Congrats for Rytas. They were better. We'll see how things will go in LKL.
    As Žalgiris fan I would like a better job from the head coach- Krapikas.

My complains:
    -M. Kalnietis should be benched after 5 minutes if he's not doing well. After few good game, Krapikas became overconfident about him. He's still inconsistent. He's an average defender and he's not always good at PG. It was insane to keep him all the time in the court and not give a chance to Janavičius (good defender) while Žalgiris struggled in defence.
    -He should use E. Žaukauskas. Šilinskis, Butkevičius? They both sucked big time. I have noticed Butkevičius has a problems with reading situations. Žukauskas should be allowed for more minutes.
    - Janavičius. I know he's still very young and limited against Rytas, but what the hell they say to them? Janavičius is not even looking to the basket any more. He knows well how to get inside and he should use that and he has athleticism for that. They should let him to play.
    -Where's the shooters? Mačiulis and Jankūnas is not a shooters. Milaknis, Šalenga, Vasiliauskas are the shooters. And I can see only Šalenga for 4-5 attempts. Milaknis and Vasiliauskas has only few shots.
    - I don't think anyone could defend Eidson in BBL final, but Krapikas should to something, cause he completely didn't control the team. No time outs, no tactics, no risk. Did you see any attempts to stop Eidson after the half? I didn't.

Congrats to ROCK as well! They made it. That is history. I think this BBL season was really nice.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• [QUOTE=Straight forward;260680]

Krapikas just "proved" one more time that not always good assistant coach can be good head coach. IMO, it,s abnormal situation for european basketball when head coach let to score someone 41 points to his team. Definitely, only if you not Gallis...
      And else.
      Would could you say, what financial situation in Zalgiris for next season? Do Zalgiris' managers still searching potential sponsors? And do they have successes in this course?
      Last edited by vaslover; 04-26-2009, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=vaslover;260697]
        Originally posted by Straight forward View Post

Would could you say, what financial situation in Zalgiris for next season? Do Zalgiris' managers still searching potential sponsors? And do they have successes in this course?
        Once again there are some rumours about a new big investor. But if you ask me, they're pretty much screwed. I don't believe that Žalgiris will disappear completely, but I think they will have a very low budget for at least a couple of upcoming seasons. And I doubt if they will play in Euroleague next year...

Comment

• There are few possible ways:
          1. Žalgiris Bankruptcy. Then the new Žalgiris would be created. New investors would come, debt would fade away. Most likely we would have Kalmonovič once again ( I wouldn't mind, I guess ) The bad thing is, that Euroleague would kick Žalgiris out most likely.
          2. Žalgiris will lose most of their players. The young players will play and Žalgiris management will try to work on the debt and to make things better. Euroleague would fade away because of a bad results most likely.
          3. Third is nor very possible these days. Big investors will come and Žalgiris will deal with the crisis.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Debts do not just fade away. Whatever possessions sports club of Zalgiris owns would fade away as well. I don't know the situation with legal ties Zalgiris has, but i guess Zalgiris training grounds would go to others, among other things.

Comment

• On other hand, what to expect from the coach when such players like Mačiulis is bitching all the time and playing like shit with his super contract. They should sell him already! he's definitely not worth his contract.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I wouldn't be so harsh. We should be thankfull that he plays at all. After all, he does not get any money.

Another thing I'd like to say is, why do people forget about Šalenga all the time. I mean, everyone are praising Jankūnas, Mačiulis, Kalnietis (wtf?), but never mentions Dainius. He never ever even said a word about the money or leaving the club due to all those troubles, he just gives everything he has and plays on the highest level all season long. I'm really amazed with Dainius attitude towards Žalgiris.
                Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                  On other hand, what to expect from the coach when such players like Mačiulis is bitching all the time and playing like shit with his super contract.
                  Agree with that. Maciulis was really annoying in this game. Besides bitching, don't know what the hell he was thinking, but he acted like some kind of sharp shooter, maybe he felt like one after last game vs Rytas, but he is still far from that. He's way more usefull when he plays more in the paint or penetrates, but now almost all he did was standing near 3pts line and doin' nothing. Shitty attitude. And Krapikas couldn't do nothing about it, cause we had no options to choose from. However, regarding the game, IMO one of the biggest mistakes was in the beginning of 3rd qtr, when Krapikas decided to let Butkevicius in from the start and he made some silly mistakes, that cost us some points, Rytas made a run and the game slipped out of our hands. Why the hell Butkevicius started instead of Klimavicius, who played not that bad, I didn't get it. Later he substituded him, but the damage was already done...
                  Anyway, tha game is the past already, we lost second minor title this season, but the battle for the main one is still waiting for us and I hope for another outcome there

Originally posted by Z.A.L.I.A. View Post
                  I wouldn't be so harsh. We should be thankfull that he plays at all. After all, he does not get any money.
                  Don't know if my information is correct for 100%, but according it, Maciulis has got the money for 5 or 6 first months of the season, so if it's true, then I see no reason for him to act like that, cause he didn't get the money only for month or two then and under current financial situation in whole world, it's quite normal. Anyway, we might be thankfull that he stayed, lowered his salary like all the players, but it don't give him any right to behave that arrogant.

Comment

• I,m sorry guys, but for me so weird to see that so big and charismastic club as BC Zalgiris can,t find new big investors. Yes, current financial situation in whole world really fuc..ng depressing, but however i can,t understand how,s yours top managers can,t to prepare a correct and colorific sponsor packet for potential big sponsors. I think BC Zalgiris still attractive brand for big sponsors, but IMO in current moment Zalgiris managers seems very useless, moreover they seems quite impotence. I think it,s time for them to show more effort and endurance and less apathy in this not easy business.
                    Last edited by vaslover; 04-27-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                      I,m sorry guys, but for me so weird to see that so big and charismastic club as BC Zalgiris can,t find new big investors. Yes, current financial situation in whole world really fuc..ng depressing, but however i can,t understand how,s yours top managers can,t to prepare a correct and colorific sponsor packet for potential big sponsors. I think BC Zalgiris still attractive brand for big sponsors, but IMO in current moment Zalgiris managers seems very useless, moreover they seems quite impotence. I think it,s time for them to show more effort and endurance and less apathy in this not easy business.
                      It's all because of big conspiracy going on, involving Rytas owners, Kaunas mayors (previous and current), President of Lithuania and Russian mafia.
                      Right green friends?

actually Zalgiris management is to blame. new manager (they've changed in the midseason) admitted they have 8mln US$ debt. so no one wants to invest in the club just to pay out debts. instead just few weeks ago one of the major sponsors Snoras Bank announced they're terminating sponsorship and won't pay money they have promised even for this season.
                      So situation is critical indeed.
                      If club will officialy go to bankrupcy, debt WOULD fade away - by Lithuanian law owners of VšĮ (pulbic institution or something) don't risk their property if this institution go broke. Yes, property of this VšĮ would be confiscated and so on.
                      Then it would be possible to start new VšĮ with slightly different name. But I doubt if players, Euroleague and investors would trust them this time.
                      Anyhow, I think it's impossible that name Žalgiris will dissapear. Maybe we won't see such a strong club as in previous seasons for 5 years, but everything will return to status quo in a time.

To get back to the topic - very nice win by Rytas. 4/4 trophies this season. Only one to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimonas View Post
                        If club will officialy go to bankrupcy, debt WOULD fade away - by Lithuanian law owners of VšĮ (pulbic institution or something) don't risk their property if this institution go broke. Yes, property of this VšĮ would be confiscated and so on.
                        Exactly what tried to say - that debts do not fade away without consequences. Unless, obviously, všį Žalgiris does not own anything valuable, which i highly doubt.

Comment

• Who really won the BBL?

Who really won the BBL? Who was better overall - Lithuanian, Latvian or maybe Estonian clubs? I did a little 'investigation' and checked that out. You can find it in my blog.
                          You can follow me on twitter @LithuaniaBasket

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information