Thread: Olek Czyz: Polish Freshman at Duke (NCAA)

Default Olek Czyz: Polish Freshman at Duke (NCAA)

Name: Olek Czyz
    Poland
    Ht: 6-7
    Wt: 235
    Position: PF
    Year: Class of 2008
    AAU Team: Las Vegas Prospects
    High School: Reno HS (Reno, NV)
    Will be Attending: Duke University (2008-09)
    Similar to: Tyler Hansboroush in that he likes to work hard around the basket, attack the rim and dunk. Also has a questionable jumpshot.

Anyone else have more information on the guy?

Stuart

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041400046.html

Czyz grew up in Poland but said he moved with his mother and stepfather to Reno, Nev., four years ago because his stepfather had previously lived in the area and thought it would be easier to find work. The move also enabled Czyz to continue his pursuit of basketball at the highest levels; basketball is Poland is not nearly as popular, Czyz said.

"I've always had a dream to play basketball across the sea and have an easier life," Czyz said. "My dream has come true."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Thanks JGX, I can't seem to find where in Poland he is from. Every article mentions he is FROM Poland but doesn't get any more specific...

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    Thanks JGX, I can't seem to find where in Poland he is from. Every article mentions he is FROM Poland but doesn't get any more specific...

Stuart
    He is from Gdynia, city at seaside connected to Gdansk and Sopot.
    Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Ah. Thanks for the info woma.

Stuart

Default Leaving Duke

what's happening with him now?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Eyed View Post
    what's happening with him now?
    It’s also worth to follow Nevada’s senior Olek Czyz, who is one of the most underrated players in the whole NCAA. It’s forgotten the Polish forward was the top prospect of the 2009 class and his final list of schools included Florida and Louisville, as well as Duke. The 21-year-old eventually signed with the Blue Devils, but after warming the bench and not getting many chances in his first two years of eligibility, Czyz decided to transfer.

He chose to come back to Reno and joined Nevada. “I was really impressed with how much he has improved”, Wolf Pack head-coach David Carter told the Reno Gazette Journal. “He has really learnt how to play the game. He is a much better shooter. In high school, his offense was mostly put-backs and transition dunks, but when he came back from Duke he was so much better-rounded.”

Czyz, who is a terrific athlete, has never played a full season and has a single year of eligibility to show his value. “I haven’t truly had a full season to play”, Czyz acknowledged. “This is really the first and last full season that I’ll have to play. It’s kind of exciting but it’s kind of sad too. I have to make the most out of it.” The Polish wingman is also projected to be selected in the 2012 NBA Draft. According to the prestigious DraftExpress.com, he’s the 19th ranked Non-BCS Conference draft prospect. Last season, Czyz posted averages of 12.3 points and 5.7 rebounds.

more - http://thebasketballpost.com/2011/11...prospects.aspx