Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FIBA Americas Championship for Men 2009

No offense, but I dont see a player that would make an immediate impact on the national team from the list you copied from latinbasket.com.
    Guibert and the other veterans had their best years in the past.

The Lopez brothers have no real interest to represent the country of their father that left the family when they were babies.Guess they dont even speak spanish.
    Its a pity cuz both are the ones that would make a difference.

I remember Amiel Vega and Leider Chapman who fled Cuba some years ago and never made a bigger team.

Coach Manuel Conde won the national championship of Algeria this year.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

FIBA – Decision day approaches on 2009 FIBA Americas Championship hosts

SAN JUAN (FIBA Americas) - A decision on the host nation for the 2009 FIBA Americas Championship is likely to take place soon with Mexico looking to be the front-runner.

Alberto Garcia, the FIBA Americas president, told FIBA.com that there are hurdles that the Mexicans must clear before being awarded the event, however.

"The FIBA Americas Tournament for Women in 2009 will be hosted by Brazil, the city of Cuiabá," Garcia said.

"With Argentina having withdrawn their bid, Mexico remain the only candidate to host the FIBA Americas Tournament for men in 2009.

“Mexico have certain institutional issues to resolve before we can grant them this tournament, however.

“Mexico have a working commission that is recognized by FIBA but there is no federation recognized by FIBA.

“For them to be granted the tournament, they need to have a federation that is recognized by FIBA. It is probable that this decision will be taken in the next 15 days.”

The FIBA Americas has numerous other important issues to deal with, including the recent suspension of CONSUBASQUET.

CONSUBASQUET is the body that governs the South American zone of the FIBA Americas.

There are also the North American and Caribbean zones.

"The FIBA Americas has the faculty of authorizing the functioning of those zones and has also the faculty of taking that away,” Garcia said.

“What has been done in this case is to no longer recognize CONSUBASQUET for breach of contract.

“CONSUBASQUET did not respect a contract that FIBA Americas has for the Molten ball as well as the use of a ball that has not been approved by FIBA, hence violating the internal rules of FIBA.”

Garcia made it clear that federations themselves were not punished.

"The sanction is to the institution of CONSUBASQUET, not to the national federations because the latter are affiliated to FIBA, not the FIBA Americas,” he said.

"FIBA Americas has decided to suspend and punish the CONSUBASQUET zone, taking away all their functions.

“We have not sanctioned the executives of CONSUBASQUET because they have their own regulations and it is the national federations that belong to that zone that have the power to do that.”

What does the future hold for CONSUBASQUET?

"The 10 federations of South America will have to meet and decide what they will do with those executives that have put CONSUBASQUET in this position and that meeting will take place on October 7 in Asuncion, Paraguay,” Garcia said.

"They will then have to present their case to the FIBA Americas for the approval to be given so that they can be recognized again.

"For the time being, the FIBA Americas has taken over the technical and administrative side of CONSUBASQUET and the tournaments are taking place normally.

“We have a tournament in Ecuador that will be organized by the federation but with the control of FIBA Americas and it is not a complicated task as we have the capacity to organize and monitor all of the tournaments."
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...8625/arti.html
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

I am son of cuban parents and for the cubans first generation that left in the early 60s, the idea is to boycott everything that comes from Cuba. I also support that.

Angry Corrupt FIBA...

http://www.fibaamericas.com/noticias...p?r=TKAUGRDYKM

If they are awarding PR with the tournament, things would appear really dirty to me.
    PR never applied in time to host the tournament, why awarding now the tournament to PR ? Because the president of FIBA Americas is Puertorican...this is how things are done in the western world.Know a friend that knows a friend that has a friend in the right spot.
    After dumping the Anti-U.S.American Venezuelans , FIBA Americas with it's office in Puerto Rico, is trying to lure the tournament to Puerto Rico although Mexico is ready to host it.
    This is really another sour apple right after the shameful refereeing during the US games at the Olympics. Where is Stankovic when you need him ?

I from Wisconsin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojado
    http://www.fibaamericas.com/noticias...p?r=TKAUGRDYKM

If they are awarding PR with the tournament, things would appear really dirty to me.
    PR never applied in time to host the tournament, why awarding now the tournament to PR ? Because the president of FIBA Americas is Puertorican...this is how things are done in the western world.Know a friend that knows a friend that has a friend in the right spot.
    After dumping the Anti-U.S.American Venezuelans , FIBA Americas with it's office in Puerto Rico, is trying to lure the tournament to Puerto Rico although Mexico is ready to host it.
    This is really another sour apple right after the shameful refereeing during the US games at the Olympics. Where is Stankovic when you need him ?
    I know your frustration, but Mexico is lucky to be in the tournament thanks to USA, and you wanna host too??, pufff haha......just kidding, thats how it work bro.
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

I think the disaster of CentroBasket and that Mexico didn't qualified directly has something to do with nobody wanting Mexico to host the tournament.

Seriously, the only corruption going on here is Mexico being allowed to play in the tournament at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by JGX
    Seriously, the only corruption going on here is Mexico being allowed to play in the tournament at all.
    IMO... Mexico, Panama, Colombia and Chile should play for the last spot on the tournament.

Facts:
    - No nation in the Americas wanted to host the TOA when it was the time to decide.Mexico was the one willing to do it, and that even before they lost in the Centrobasket.FIBA technically announced that Mexico is going to host it next year,atlhough a final approvement was set to be made after 15 days or so.To this day, no announcement was made by FIBA which is shameful for the professional governing body.
    - Cancun is building a new gym which should be ready for the TOA next year, so no more small gyms in two different places.Even if they are using the smaller gym for some of the games (Do you actually watched the games of the last TOA in Vegas ? None of the teams brought a lot of fans to it),so let it be,as long as the gym is not far away like Chetumal.
    - FIBA Americas offices are in PR ,and it's president is from there.
    - I dont see any corruption regarding Mexico's bid to host the TOA, but is it a coincidence that the PR has now good chance to host it even though its too late and FIBA Americas is run by a Boriqua ?

If Mexico is not going to host the games, I would be in favor for an additional qualifying round between the next seeded teams like Mexico and Chile for the last place in the tournament.
    I doubt that Cuba is getting the visa for PR as even at the last Caricom Games, the PR refused to give visa to Guyana's homegrown players while the diaspora players based in the States were allowed to enter San Juan.Now imagine how difficult it will be for Cuba...
    I have no hard feelings against Boriquas, I really respect the people and I talked to JJ Barea, he is a good kid, so don't get me wrong on this one, this has nothing to do with nationalism, but rules. I know Mexico gets maybe a free place in the TOA if they are going to host it which is a great thing, but what happens if they don't ?

BTW: What the heck is Ayuso doing by playing in the D-League ? He really wants to get to the NBA with 31-years through the D-League ? I doubt it will work.Not because he has no talent but because of politics.
    He should have taken the offer his agents proposed him for a team in Europe during the last summer.

I from Wisconsin!

Facts:
    - No nation in the Americas wanted to host the TOA when it was the time to decide.Mexico was the one willing to do it, and that even before they lost in the Centrobasket.FIBA technically announced that Mexico is going to host it next year,atlhough a final approvement was set to be made after 15 days or so.To this day, no announcement was made by FIBA which is shameful for the professional governing body.
    - Cancun is building a new gym which should be ready for the TOA next year, so no more small gyms in two different places.Even if they are using the smaller gym for some of the games (Do you actually watched the games of the last TOA in Vegas ? None of the teams brought a lot of fans to it),so let it be,as long as the gym is not far away like Chetumal.
    - I dont see any corruption regarding Mexico's bid to host the TOA, but is it a coincidence that the PR has now good chance to host it even though its too late and FIBA Americas is run by a Boriqua ?

If Mexico is not going to host the games, I would be in favor for an additional qualifying round between the next seeded teams like Mexico and Chile for the last place in the tournament.
    I doubt that Cuba is getting the visa for PR as even at the last Caricom Games, the PR refused to give visa to Guyana's homegrown players while the diaspora players based in the States were allowed to enter San Juan.Now imagine how difficult it will be for Cuba...
    I have no hard feelings against Boriquas, I really respect the people and I talked to JJ Barea, he is a good kid, so don't get me wrong on this one, this has nothing to do with nationalism, but rules. I know Mexico gets maybe a free place in the TOA if they are going to host it which is a great thing, but what happens if they don't ?

BTW: What the heck is Ayuso doing by playing in the D-League ? He really wants to get to the NBA with 31-years through the D-League ? I doubt it will work.Not because he has no talent but because of politics.
    He should have taken the offer his agents proposed him for a team in Europe during the last summer.
    But no one was really happy with the organization an the basketball gym Mexico used to play the CentroBasket. Mexico was building a new gym for CentroBasket too. Everyone expected something, and we got other thing.

No tournament will bring fans if its hosted in the USA. They got the event cuz they were willing to pay a lot of $$ for it.

Puerto Rico has proven time and time again that in the Americas, we are #1 at hosting basketball events. Cuba managed to play on the World Baseball Classic with their whole team, and at Caricom, I saw the Cuban team win the bronze medal. I cant say there wont be any problem, because there always is, but somehow we always manage to fix it and the Cubans are allowed to enter PR.

I guess FIBA is worried that hosting the games in Mexico, with no NBA team, would be mortal for the tournament, so they must see Puerto Rico as a better choice.

Facts:

The dream for Ayuso is to play for a NBA team, he have two or three years of good basketball, so no problem with that.

The president of Fiba Americas is from Dominican Republic and the Vice president from Argentina.

The only problem with Cuba is the players, they abandon his national teams.
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Thumbs up

Facts:

distinguished gentleman not all of the things you said were really fair
    I mean, first of all,If we have to choose who deserve the hosting the most regarless of who actually want it, I assure you that no 1 will say Mexico. I mean I'm not saying they suck or anything like that (i.e. I know najera) but they didn't even qualify. they'r lucky they'r playing cuz for me Panama deserved it that spot even more the mexican team. (if you think about it; panama and mexica finished in the same place in the centorbasket, so why should mexico get the spot and not panama??? MN....that makes you think, HUH!!!!!!!!!!)

second of all, compair with the puerto rican ones, the mexican gyms are nothig(not trying to insult u here,just being realistict),and besides. Puerto rican love basketball so all the games will be sold-out for sure, no matter who's playing (well, unless the domicans are palying).

and third The president of Fiba Americas is not even puerto rican . WHERE DID YOU GET THAT, DOOD?????

Wink

@Lewis: What you mean with the word "Dood" (Are you the same guy that claimed Haiti on this board before?)

I have no problem with the gyms and the fans in PR and if they would have applied in time for the TOA, then I would have given it to the PR due to the reasons you guys have given in this thread.But the applied after the deadline-simple as that.

Yes, the president is a Dominicano,I was wrong, and yes he does stuff he is not supposed to do (Including supporting a shady basketball league in the US called ABI)...like this one here: http://www.7dias.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=36592

And how opinions can differ:
    http://www.fibaamericas.com/noticias...p?r=CSBWSCIBGF

I from Wisconsin!

@Lewis: What you mean with the word "Dood"
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dood
    You have been living a lie your whole life, now I'm opening your eyes to the real world.
    BTW you'r welcom!!!!!!!!!

“Para enero ya debemos saber qué pasará con eso”, dijo Nigaglioni recordando que aspirar a ese torneo cuesta unos $4 millones y tras explicar que México ha confrontado problemas para confirmar la sede porque la Federación Mexicana de Baloncesto fue descertificada por el Comité Olímpico de México.
    Mexican Basketball Federation descertified by the Olympic Committee?

The gym is finally ready:
    http://contodoqroo.com.mx/nota.php?cual=647

And the new president is known too:
    http://www.televisadeportes.com/basq...presidente-fmb

So now all we have to do and wait what will be decided next week.

I from Wisconsin!

Exclamation News from FIBA AMERICAS about Anericas Championship to be held in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN

Draw Expected
    Mexico defines headquarters next week and teams of the Americas Pre World

AP

MEXICO - The next weeks will define the groups and venues for the Americas Baskeball Championship (qualifying for the 2010 Turkey Wolrd Championship) to be held this year in Mexico, reported on Thursday Modesto Robledo, president of the Mexican federation of this sport.

Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Uruguay, Puerto Rico,The Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands, Cuba, Canada and Mexico "the hosting teams" will be battling for four tickets to the world that will be held next year in Turkey.

FIBA-Americas recently announced that Mexico City and possibly other city in the country will be hosting the tournament, but did not identify the teams that played in each place.

"We are looking into the possibility of having the Federal District as sub-hosting. Also Baja California is being considered, Mexicali to be specific, but this will be defined next week along with the groups," Robledo said the AP.

The tournament is scheduled to take place from 18 to August 31. Headquarters in the capital would be the Palace of Sports, which has a capacity of about 22,000 fans.

Robledo said the lottery game schedule will be determined next month.

sorry to be OT here but can Jordan's sons play for the Mexican NT? Isn't that their mom Juanita used to be a Mexican.
    you know why I am happy

I doubt that MJ's sons are simply good enough to make the team.
    Maybe Marcus could be playing for the junior-national team if the Federation wants it and he has the ambition to rep his mom's country.

I from Wisconsin!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast