X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -K2-
    he is dominican and puerto rican

like franklyn western and carlos payano
    I still don't get U but anyhow.if they'r puerto-rican. Why isn't he and payano in the NT then. U think they wouldn't make it????

Comment

Originally posted by luuij_ss
      I still don't get U but anyhow.if they'r puerto-rican. Why isn't he and payano in the NT then. U think they wouldn't make it????
      Payano wouldnt make it
      Western could make it but he decided to play for the Dominican Republic
      sigpic

Comment

4 teams will advance to the WBC.
        Mexico doubled their bid to host the tournament, for which only Argentina has expressed any interest in hosting, but has not given an actual offer.
        sigpic

Comment

Mexico ?

How can a country host the TOA if they are not qualified for the tournament ? I bet they are thinking that they can get away with an extra spot right there.If no other country wants to host it, I even think it could be possible...what do you guys think ?

I from Wisconsin!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

it's possible, and it's likely to happen unless...
            sigpic

Comment

I heard bout that. a couple fo days ago. As a matter fo fact, I read in a mexican paper that said that is was almost a fact that Mexico will host the event.

Also Heard that the dominican president ordered His federation (yeah, "HIS" I know, that sucks) to take a bid to host it too.

But if mexico have as candidate cities to represent it. Cancun or the ore one (I don't remember the name) were they played the centrebasket. I think they won't win it cuz those
              arenas are not at the TOA level() basically they'r not even arenas). IF THEY HAVE ANOTHER DECENT ARENA THOU THEy"LL WIN it for sure.

but I'm a little counfused now, I thought that the number of countries qualified that can
              participate in a Toa was already reach. wasn't it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????
              ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????
              ??????????????????????????????????????????

I thought that just only a certain # of countries could play in TOA. if mexico host it aren't they surpassing that #. will FIBA allow that??????

Comment

it's possible, and it's likely to happen unless...

Unless The US ASK FOR IT.

believe me no one is gonna say "NOOOOOOO"

Comment

the US wont ask for it, they dont need the games. They should not even play, they most probably going to send a NCAA team.
                  sigpic

Comment

Error 404. Lo sentimos, pero la p?gina que busca no se encuentra, algo pudo haber pasado con la direcci?n o simplemente no existe. Intente de nuevo.

actually.... FIBA Americas is actualy considering relieving USA from the tournament and giving Mexico the event
                    sigpic

Comment

Mexico In the FIBA AMERICAS CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

http://www.elnuevodia.com/diario/not...la_sede/453445

actually.... FIBA Americas is actualy considering relieving USA from the tournament and giving Mexico the event
                      yeah u'r right about The US. I forgot that. I hope Mexico make it.... but I'd rather see panama hosting this. It would be better for the sport specially in the region.

Also Heard that the dominican president ordered His federation (yeah, "HIS" I know, that sucks) to take a bid to host it too.
                      But like I siad before
                      But if mexico have as candidate cities to represent it. Cancun or the ore one (I don't remember the name) were they played the centrebasket. I think they won't win it cuz those
                      arenas are not at the TOA level(basically they'r not even arenas they'r just poor ball yards my neighborhood's is in better conditions. I swear). IF THEY HAVE ANOTHER DECENT ARENA THOU THEy"LL WIN it for sure, but if not I doubt it.
                      In your article's link it says that Cancun is one of the citites propused for the event but this city doesn't count with a decent place to play ball though
                      Last edited by luuij_ss; 09-06-2008, 01:22 AM.

Comment

they have a new arena under construction which was supposed to be ready for CentroBasket.

personally i wouldnt give them the games because of the huge failure of the CentroBasket games. SouthAmerica is due for a ToA
                        sigpic

Comment

FIBA AMERICAS CHAMPIONSHIP 2009's HOSTING VENEZUELA?????,PUERTO RICO??? OR MEXICO????

they have a new arena under construction which was supposed to be ready for CentroBasket.

personally i wouldnt give them the games because of the huge failure of the CentroBasket games. SouthAmerica is due for a ToA
                          but The SOUTH hasn't done anything to get the hosting. Argentina's proposition is not even offical

what about Borinque (u think they'r interested)

I'm telling u right now The dominicans will get a load of it, cuz they wanna hav the "HOMECOURT advantage" besides they think, it'll be an insentive for players that have been sceptical of playing for the NT because of conflicts with the federation like the GREERS.

I heard venezuela was interested too

Comment

but The SOUTH hasn't done anything to get the hosting. Argentina's proposition is not even offical

what about Borinque (u think they'r interested)

I'm telling u right now The dominicans will get a load of it, cuz they wanna hav the "HOMECOURT advantage" besides they think, it'll be an insentive for players that have been sceptical of playing for the NT because of conflicts with the federation like the GREERS.

I heard venezuela was interested too
                            Dominican Republic can't host this event because they host the past Tournament of the Americas in 2005
                            Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                            16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                            Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                            8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
                              Dominican Republic can't host this event because they host the past Tournament of the Americas in 2005
                              they can, but with a huge offer like the mexican one, and the fact that they hosted the ToA in 2005, its a longshot for the dominicans

I expect Puerto Rico to show some interest... but if I was the federation, i would abstain myself and try to host the olympic qualifiers
                              Last edited by J-Mart; 09-06-2008, 03:21 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

AMERICAS olympics qualifier 2009

by the way???? does this tournament qualify the top something (let's say 3) for the olympics or at least the olympic qualifiers ro that's anothers story???? I thought that the centrobasket actually did that (NOT FOR THE OLYMPICS BUT FOR THE QUALIFIERS)...................

Anyone???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information