Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FIBA Americas Championship for Men 2009

they have a new arena under construction which was supposed to be ready for CentroBasket.

personally i wouldnt give them the games because of the huge failure of the CentroBasket games. SouthAmerica is due for a ToA

Question FIBA AMERICAS CHAMPIONSHIP 2009's HOSTING VENEZUELA?????,PUERTO RICO??? OR MEXICO????

Quote Originally Posted by -K2-
    they have a new arena under construction which was supposed to be ready for CentroBasket.

personally i wouldnt give them the games because of the huge failure of the CentroBasket games. SouthAmerica is due for a ToA
    but The SOUTH hasn't done anything to get the hosting. Argentina's proposition is not even offical

what about Borinque (u think they'r interested)

I'm telling u right now The dominicans will get a load of it, cuz they wanna hav the "HOMECOURT advantage" besides they think, it'll be an insentive for players that have been sceptical of playing for the NT because of conflicts with the federation like the GREERS.

I heard venezuela was interested too

Quote Originally Posted by luuij_ss
    but The SOUTH hasn't done anything to get the hosting. Argentina's proposition is not even offical

what about Borinque (u think they'r interested)

I'm telling u right now The dominicans will get a load of it, cuz they wanna hav the "HOMECOURT advantage" besides they think, it'll be an insentive for players that have been sceptical of playing for the NT because of conflicts with the federation like the GREERS.

I heard venezuela was interested too
    Dominican Republic can't host this event because they host the past Tournament of the Americas in 2005
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF
    Dominican Republic can't host this event because they host the past Tournament of the Americas in 2005
    they can, but with a huge offer like the mexican one, and the fact that they hosted the ToA in 2005, its a longshot for the dominicans

I expect Puerto Rico to show some interest... but if I was the federation, i would abstain myself and try to host the olympic qualifiers
    Last edited by J-Mart; 09-06-2008 at 03:21 AM.

Default AMERICAS olympics qualifier 2009

by the way???? does this tournament qualify the top something (let's say 3) for the olympics or at least the olympic qualifiers ro that's anothers story???? I thought that the centrobasket actually did that (NOT FOR THE OLYMPICS BUT FOR THE QUALIFIERS)...................

Anyone???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

by the way???? does this tournament qualify the top something (let's say 3) for the olympics or at least the olympic qualifiers ro that's anothers story???? I thought that the centrobasket actually did that (NOT FOR THE OLYMPICS BUT FOR THE QUALIFIERS)...................

Anyone???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
    top 4 qualify for the World Championship in Turkey
    CentroBasket qualify to the WBC's Qualifier

Puerto Rico First Needs To Get Rid Of Felo Rivera And Manolo Cintron. With These Two Idiots In Charge We Will Never Have The Best Pr Team Possible That Plays To Its Full Potential. When You Put Players Like Alex Falcon, Villafane, Angel Rosa And Half The Team Is 6'3" Or Shorter You Cant Always Expect Great Results. There Is Definitely Talent In Pr But For Some Reason These Guys Dont Get It. Theyre Always Saying That Players Such As Angel Garcia, Victor Davila Or Jb Diaz Are Too Young To Be Considered. Since When Are Falcon, Villafane, Angel Rosa, Valenzuela Ect... National Team Material? I Miss The Coaching Days Of Julio Toro And The Ones Before Him, During Those Times They Would Select The Right Players For Pr And We Beat Good Teams Like Usa, Spain And Serbia. Now You Dont Know What To Expect. We Won Centrobasket Not Because The Coaching But Because Certain Players Stepped Up And The Competition Was Somewhat Weak.

This last Centrobasket qualified teams for next year's Americas, which is a World Cup Qualifier. Next Centrobasket (2010) will qualify to 2011 Americas, which is 2012 Olympic Qualifier.

Default 2012 Olympic Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by alermac
    This last Centrobasket qualified teams for next year's Americas, which is a World Cup Qualifier. Next Centrobasket (2010) will qualify to 2011 Americas, which is 2012 Olympic Qualifier.

THANX FOR THE INFO
    GOOD clarification BRO

DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHATS GONG ON WITH BIG URUGUIAN TALENT Gustavo Panchi Barrera ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigyellow
    DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHATS GONG ON WITH BIG URUGUIAN TALENT Gustavo Panchi Barrera ?
    Last I heard, he's playing back in Uruguayan league, and this year he joined Uruguay NT.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx96
    Puerto Rico First Needs To Get Rid Of Felo Rivera And Manolo Cintron. With These Two Idiots In Charge We Will Never Have The Best Pr Team Possible That Plays To Its Full Potential.
    Unfortunately, there are so many national teams that are mismanaged throughout the world. Team USA is lucky to be so well-organized. I suppose you're right that Falcon and Rosa aren't that great and could easily be replaced.
    I Miss The Coaching Days Of Julio Toro
    Yes, of course!! Who doesn't?
    We Won Centrobasket Not Because The Coaching But Because Certain Players Stepped Up And The Competition Was Somewhat Weak.
    I didn't watch any of the games. Why was tahe coaching so bad?
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Quote Originally Posted by mvblair
    Unfortunately, there are so many national teams that are mismanaged throughout the world. Team USA is lucky to be so well-organized. I suppose you're right that Falcon and Rosa aren't that great and could easily be replaced. Yes, of course!! Who doesn't? I didn't watch any of the games. Why was tahe coaching so bad?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by -K2-
    yes
    but i don't think that the main reason why the puerto rican ball hasn't stepped up recently, cuz that happen with must team specially teams like canada, mexico, panama. the philippines, the dominican, Venezuela, and even the us (before the last olympic I meant.)
    Last edited by luuij_ss; 09-08-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Manolo Cintron Has Many Times Made Questionable Decisions Like Playing A Bunch Of Short Players At The Same Time And Felo Selectiing Players Who Do Not Belong On The National Team. He Wont Even Give Sharif Fajardo The Opportunity To Once Again Be On The Team. Dont Get Me Wrong Sharif Is Not All That But He Is Better Than Falcon, Angel Rosa Or Villafane. As Long As Felo Rivera Is In Charge Manolo Wont Have To Worry About Beign Fired. I Hear That Some Of The Players On The National Team Dont Really Like To Play For Him But They Play Cause They Enjoy Playing For P.r. I Believe That If Manolo And Felo Left Players Such As Rick Apodaca Would Come Back To The Team. Maybe Even Guillermo Diaz Would Consider Playing, He Is Definitely A Player Who Would Help The Team Out Especially Since It Seems Like Larry Ayuso Wont Be On The Team Much Longer Cause Of Age And He Is Not The Player He Was A Few Years Ago. Maybe Even Daniel Santiago, Who Right Now Is Trying Out With The Houston Rockets Would Consider Playing Again. When Julio Toro Was There P.r. Played Well In The Olympics And The 2002 World Championships. With Manolo We Couldnt Even Make The Olympics. It Would Be Great If Julio Would Come Back Or Even Carlos Morales Maybe Even A Foreign Coach Could Do The Job.
    Last edited by zyx96; 09-09-2008 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx96
    Manolo Cintron Has Many Times Made Questionable Decisions Like Playing A Bunch Of Short Players At The Same Time And Selectiing Players Who Do Not Belong On The National Team. He Wont Even Give Sharif Fajardo The Opportunity To Once Again Be On The Team. Dont Get Me Wrong Sharif Is Not All That But He Is Better Than Falcon, Angel Rosa Or Villafane. As Long As Felo Rivera Is In Charge Manolo Wont Have To Worry About Beign Fired. I Hear That Some Of The Players On The National Team Dont Really Like To Play For Him But They Play Cause They Enjoy Playing For P.r. I Believe That If Manolo Left Players Such As Rick Apodaca Would Come Back To The Team. Maybe Even Guillermo Diaz Would Consider Playing, He Is Definitely A Player Who Would Help The Team Out Especially Since It Seems Like Larry Ayuso Wont Be On The Team Much Longer Cause Of Age And He Is Not The Player He Was A Few Years Ago. Maybe Even Daniel Santiago, Who Right Now Is Trying Out With The Houston Rockets Would Consider Playing Again. When Julio Toro Was There P.r. Played Well In The Olympics And The World Championships. With Manolo We Didnt Do Much In The World Championships And Couldnt Even Make The Olympics. It Would Be Great If Julio Would Come Back Or Even Carlos Morales Maybe Even A Foreign Coach Could Do The Job.
    Cintron did not coach the world championship 2006, it was Julio Toro.

Manolo dont select the players. That's on Felo

I agree the U.S. or any other team that has automatically qualified for the Worlds or the Olympics should not play in any of the qualifying tournaments. It's a waste and FIBA should maximize the competition by instead adding another team who is hungry for a spot.

I'd love to go to the TOA if I can. I hope they don't have it in the DR again, my wife refuses to go back LOL. She might agree to Mexico but I can't see them hosting without participating.

Hmmm, imagine if Cuba was interested in hosting...

I think that if Raja Bell ever play in an international competition, he would be wearing the re white and blue for the americans like Duncan did
    I don't think he would be considered by the U.S. Plus, Duncan only reps the U.S. because there wasn't a senior team at the time. I believe he has sat out every match between the U.S. and Virgin Islands (though I could be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxballer
    Other National team caliber players

Vladmir Kuljanin
    Devoe Joseph
    Tyler Kepkay
    Rans Brempong
    Kai Williams
    Jermaine Bucknor
    Osvaldo Jeanty
    Russel Hicks
    Willie Gallick
    Alex Bougaieff
    Sean Denison
    Olu Ashalou
    Junior Cadguan
    Tristan Thompson - Ranked #1 in America in the class of 2010
    Bougaieff! He seems to pop up in Summer Leagues every once in a while. I was always surprised an Israeli team never picked him up do to the lack of quality big men there.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast