X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA Americas Championship for Men 2009

FIBA Americas Championship for Men

The FIBA Americas Championship is the American (THE CONTINENT NOT THE STATES) basketball championships that take place every two years between national teams of the continents. The Americas Championship is also a qualifying tournament for the FIBA World Championships and the Olympic Games. The next tournament in going to be from Aug. 19th 2009 to Aug. 30th 2009

The nations that have qualified so far are:

The US - automatically qualified
    Canada -automatically qualified {I KNOW, IT SUCKS}
    Puerto Rico- 1th place in Centrobasket
    American Vigin - 2th centrobasket
    The Dominican Republic -3th centrobasket {I meant Quizqueya not Dominica though}
    Cuba {yeah, I did wirte CUBA!!} - 4th centrobasket
    Argentina - 1th place South american championship
    Uruguay - 2th south ameriacan
    Brazil - 3th south american
    Venezuela - 4th south american

actually venezuela was 3th and brazil 4th

possible men for dominican roster are:

Ronald Ramon G
    Sammy Mejia PG
    Trevor Ariza SF
    Dominik Mejia G
    DAMIEN MCSWINE PG
    Edgar Sosa PG
    Charlie Villanueva SF
    Francisco Garcia SF
    Reggie Charles SF
    Ricky Soliver G
    Marlon Martines F
    Ivan Almonte F
    Ricky Greer G
    Jeff Greer G
    Richard Hidalgo PF/c
    Edward Santana F
    Juan Araujo F
    Quincy Bouby G
    Pablo OZUNA F
    Amauris Filion F
    La BOA PAULINO G
    RAPHAEL MADERA C
    francisco Alberto Ozuna
    Andy William Turner Baltazar G
    JUAN PABLO MONTAS F
    JOSE APOLINARIO PF/C
    FELIX CRUZ F
    MARLON MARTINEZ F
    cALROS PANIAGUA F
    Al Horford PF/C
    Joshua Asslin C
    Luis Flores PG/SG
    Jaime Peterson PF
    Miguel Angel Pichardo C/F
    Jack Michael F
    Flankin Westen PF
    Luis Felipe Lopez Lopez PG/SF
    Amauri Fillion SF
    Manny Quezada PG/SG
    Joel Ramirez PG
    Andres Sandoval PG
    Manuel Fortuna SG
    Kelvin Pena PG/SG
    Carlos Morban G
    Franklin Western F
    Eulis Baez F
    Alejandro Flores F
    Henry Lalane SF
    Manuel Guzman G
    Otto Vantroy PG
    Hansel Salvador PG
    Alejandro Salas PG

I particularly would choose:
    Ronald Ramon G
    Sammy Mejia PG/G
    Dominik Mejia G
    DAMIEN MCSWINE PG
    Charlie Villanueva SF
    Francisco Garcia SF
    Ricky Soliver G
    Ricky Greer G/SF
    Jeff Greer G/SF
    Al Horford PF/C
    Joshua Asslin C
    Luis Flores PG/SG
    Trevor Ariza SF
    Last edited by rikhardur; 09-01-2008, 08:25 PM. Reason: Posts merged: short time between consecutive posts

Comment

Puerto Rican Team Toa 2009

Can someone help me with the puerto rican team??????????????????????????

Comment

Puerto rican team

Jose Barea
        Carlos Rivera
        Javier Mojica
        Carlos Arroyo
        Filiberto Rivera
        Miguel Ali Berdiel
        David Huertas
        Jesus Verdejo
        Joel Jones
        Rick Apodaca (Probably not)
        Angel Vasallo
        Angel Alamo
        Alex Galindo
        Luis Villafañe
        Angel Rosa
        Peter John Ramos
        Ricky Sanchez
        Angelo Reyes
        Victor Davila
        Angel Luis Garcia
        Alejandro Bimbo Carmona
        Luis Colon
        Dennis Clemente
        Guillermo Diaz
        Jorge Brian Diaz

Por ahora... [transl: For now...]
        ahhh, se me olvidaba Andres Rodriguez. [transl: Oh I was forgetting Andres Rodriguez]
        [Always provide a translation when writing in a language other than English rikhardhur]
        Last edited by rikhardur; 09-01-2008, 08:27 PM. Reason: Posts merged: short time between consecutive posts

Comment

Agertina Roster For Fiba Americas Championship 2009

what about argentina does they are gonna send a b-level team, or so, cuz I wanna see Manu Playing

Comment

American Roster For Fiba Americas Championship

If somebody know what will be the US in th Americas tournamnet can yuo pleazzzzzzzzzzzze post it
            Last edited by rikhardur; 09-01-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

There is nothing on the USA yet, neither on the Argentina team. We have to see if Virgin Islands Raja Bell want to play this tournament
              sigpic

Comment

Uruguay

The Uruguayans always send an A-grade squad of course which features a couple of players who play in Europe such as former NBA big man Estaban Batista in Israel for Euroleague power house Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv, sharp shooter Nicolas Mazzarino of Tisettanta Cantu (Italy) or the athletic Mauricio Aguiar of Livorno (Italy). A couple of Uruguayans also have some NCAA experience such as Leandro Garcia Morales who plays as an import in Venezuela (Cocodrilos de Caracas) during the off-season.

The Uruguayans played quite well in the last FIBA Americas coming up short of a spot in the FIBA Olympic Qualification round to Canada. Batista was a monster for the "Celeste" with averages of 20ppg and tournament leading 14rpg and hopes to have another great tournament if Uruguay is to progress.

I believe that to enhance the chances of my adopted country is for the Uruguayan basketball players to make use of their dual citizenship (many Uruguayans have either a Spanish or Italian passport due to the mass immigration that occured in the early part of the 20th century from Europe to the River Plate countries - Argentina & Uruguay) and play overseas in Europe even if they are playing in the lower division. The "Celeste" do have a excellent one-two punch in the interior presence of Batista and the 3 point shooting of Mazzarino however, one or two more players must step up and provide greater support for these two. I noticed that the only time when the Uruguayans were able to win their games during the Pan-American Tournament or the FIBA-Americas was if both Mazzarino and Batista had an excellent game. However, once the oppossing team shut down one, Uruguay would struggle on offense and thus would affect their confidence on the defensive end as well. This reminds me of the Australian team during the 90s. Though they were successful they relied a lot on Andrew Gaze and Shane Heal. Like Uruguay, once one was shut down, the Boomers would immensely struggle on the offensive end.
                "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                -El Padrino

Comment

Uruguay's future

I forgot to mention about Jason Granger who is a Uruguayan (father's African American and his mother's Uruguayan) that plays in Spain's Estudiantes. He's a 6'4" point guard who plays more like a point forward according to "17 Deportes" (a versatile point who does a little of everything). However, according to "El Pais" of Uruguay his style of play is more leaning towards Michael Jordan's style. In the last FIBA-Americas campaign the 18 year old was included in the national team's training squad however, he was later cut in the 2nd stage of selection. I believe that if Uruguay is to look ahead they should do what many national squads do and add in a youngster (just like Australia's Patty Mills or Spain's Ricky Rubio) to allow exposure to that level of play.
                  "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                  -El Padrino

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
                    There is nothing on the USA yet, neither on the Argentina team. We have to see if Virgin Islands Raja Bell want to play this tournament
                    I think that if Raja Bell ever play in an international competition, he would be wearing the re white and blue for the americans like Duncan did

Comment

BAd News for the dominican team

The coach of the dominican nt has just quit
                      I'm gonna post this in spanish cuz I couldn't find it in english nor did I have time to traslate it. SORRY TO MY ANGLOS FRIENDS:

RENUNCIA A SU CARGO EL COACH SCOTT ROTH.

El dirigente del equipo masculino de baloncesto de República Dominicana, Scott Roth declaró que no regresará el próximo año como jefe principal del quinteto que competirá en el Torneo Premundial 2009, alegando que estará de “vacaciones familiares” para esa fecha.

“El contrato entre la Federación Dominicana de Baloncesto (Fedombal) y yo terminó con la conclusión de este campeonato”, dijo Roth muy molesto, luego que el país obtuviera la presea bronceada del evento.

“El objetivo se ha cumplido: clasificar al Premundial 2009”, dijo.
                      “No estamos contentos con un bronce, pero esa es la medalla que hemos ganado y debemos sentirnos orgullosos”, aclaró. Scott dijo que el baloncesto dominicano ha mejorado un mundo y seguirá mejorando cada día.

Comment

Rick Apodaca PUERTO RICAN TEAM

Why the puerto rican never bring Rick Apodaca to internatinal tournaments and when they do, they don't use him, at least not as he is supposed to.

I think Puerto Rico should first give the respect that Rick Apodaca desreves and 2th kiss his aZZZZ
                        hi is a terrific playA

Comment

USA as I write before somewhere, they are not going to sent a NBA players to the Tournament of America because they are already in thanks to their gold medal in Beijin.

Puerto Rico will also have Alex Falcon in their pre squad for next year tournament.

This is for Luuij-ss, Rick Apodaca is an excellent player with great potential but for some reason, lately he has not been playing as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by luuij_ss
                            I think that if Raja Bell ever play in an international competition, he would be wearing the re white and blue for the americans like Duncan did
                            he already wore the white yellow and green of the USVI in the 2003 CentroBasket and if im not mistaken he was on the USVI roster of the ToA 2003 but didnt played
                            sigpic

Comment

So here comes renovation...

Bye to Falcon, Villafa~e, Narvaez, Santiago

Victor Davila, JB Diaz and Piwi Garcia will get a shot at the NT
                              Vasallo will be on the future editions
                              No word on Ayuso or Guillermo Diaz

Carlos Arroyo
                              Jose Juan Barea
                              Filiberto Rivera
                              Larry Ayuso
                              Rick Apodaca
                              Guillermo Diaz
                              Javier Mojica
                              AD Vasallo
                              "Buster" Figueroa
                              Joel Jones