Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Oscar De La Hoya (Dec. 6 fight in Vegas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkknight1200 on 11-23-2008
    PACQUIAO within 8 rounds.
    We got a winner.
    Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
    You are a troll.

Comment

Check this one guys, nice article. Makes me feel more excited next year.
      I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Comment

Bring in Margarito, but Roach wants Manny to avoid him. Hatton, Mayweather, Shane Mosley or even Juan Manuel marquez should be good fights for Manny. I wanted Manny to fight Dinamita Marquez again just to prove the previous fight decisions weren't really flukes
        Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita
          Its time to shut Gayweathers mouth...

I never like him...
          I kinda like his style in some reason, hehe.. he's fancy personality makes him kinda fun to watch.
          but if Pacquiao-Mayweather will push through, hell! I go for Pacquiao! 100% Pinoy pride!
          ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
          ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
            Bring in Margarito, but Roach wants Manny to avoid him. Hatton, Mayweather, Shane Mosley or even Juan Manuel marquez should be good fights for Manny. I wanted Manny to fight Dinamita Marquez again just to prove the previous fight decisions weren't really flukes
            As per boxing experts, they labeled Margarito as one of those BIG welterweights, so yeah, Manny should avoid him. Hatton and Mayweather could be Pacs last fight, I dont see any JMM vs Pacman fight, nothing more to prove, in my opinion, 1win, 1draw aint bad, considering Manny should have won the first fight, if not for the judge, not scoring it 10-8 because of the 3knockdown rule, which affected the decision,eventually.
            I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWalker
              As per boxing experts, they labeled Margarito as one of those BIG welterweights, so yeah, Manny should avoid him. Hatton and Mayweather could be Pacs last fight, I dont see any JMM vs Pacman fight, nothing more to prove, in my opinion, 1win, 1draw aint bad, considering Manny should have won the first fight, if not for the judge, not scoring it 10-8 because of the 3knockdown rule, which affected the decision,eventually.
              1 knockdown in a round=10-8
              2 knockdowns in a round=10-7
              3 knockdowns in a round=10-6

Well, that judge should have scored round 1 10-6 which he didn't. But if Marquez got 4 10-9 rounds after that 1st round, that should even up and most likely they could have split the other rounds. Obviously that point deserved to be Manny's. Manny could have won that 1st fight.

In the second fight, Marquez fell in the 3rd, a 10-8 round for Pacquiao. But if Marquez came back with 2 10-9 rounds, that should have evened out. That fight was very close to call, it could have gone either way or a draw. Manny deserves the win, I'm not taking anything away from him but it was clear he did not dominate that fight at all.

IMO, a JMM-Pacman III(no matter how imposssible it may seem) will still sell because it is a good fight where you don't expect one side to dominate. It is a chess match in the ring and among corners, one fight boxing purists would love to see.
              Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

in a span of less than a week i was converted, my support for Pacquiao become stronger as ever. . . following reasons:

first, this morning at my workplace, a client called me Pacman. . . while the other day, i was surprised when my co-worker (a football fanatic) told me he has seen the fight and was amazed by Pacquiao's speed, i never talked to him about boxing nor Pacquiao, yet this colleague of mine openned up that discussion. . . what does it means? it means Pacquiao's success brought tremendous respect to Filipinos all over the world. . . Pacman carries the name of Filipino nation. . .FLIP PRIDE!

second, i reviewed the last three fights of both boxers(Pacman & Hatton). . .Pacman against Marquez, Diaz and Dela Hoya while Hatton with Mayweather, Lazcano and Malignaggi. . .i've noted a remarkable progress of Pacquiao in each of fights, he keeps on progressing while Hatton's performance is deteriorating since his loss to Mayweather. . .

third, Pacman respect his fellow boxers and has innate concern of his opponent, he don't do trash talking(unlike the b--tard Mayweather). . .when Pacquiao knocked out David Diaz and took his 135-pound Lightweight title, Manny was the first who rush to help him up.

fourth, though Hatton is also a nice guy, I want Manny to win so a fight with Mayweather could be arranged. . . i want the Pacman to smash and bleeds Mayweather. . . i believe he can hurdle Mayweather's treacherous shoulder roll tactics. . .

I'm hoping that the Pacman-Hatton fight will be held here in Cardiff, Wales. . . so i can a have a glimpse of the FLIP PRIDE. . . (Cardiff is one of the cities being considered as sites of this proposed fight, other is Manchester & London). . . Cardiff is also the site when Efren Reyes rules the world's billiards in 2001. . . i believe Filipinos are luckier in Cardiff than any other cities in Britain. . .
                Last edited by FilWelsh; 01-19-2009, 02:21 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                  Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I expected a close victory for Pacquiao or a big win for de la Hoya, but not a big win for Pacquiao. Like LeBron23 said, he's the greatest fighter of our generation. Last night he proved it once again.

I can't wait for the videos to start showing up.
                  Pacquiao was too much speed & power for Dela Hoya.
                  Pacman swept & crushed the Golden Boy all rounds

10-9
                  10-9
                  10-9
                  10-9
                  10-9
                  10-9
                  10-8
                  10-9

Comment

fourth, though Hatton is also a nice guy, I want Manny to win so a fight with Mayweather could be arranged. . . i want the Pacman to smash and bleeds Mayweather. . . i believe he can hurdle Mayweather's treacherous shoulder roll tactics. . .

This is what I want to see... Mayweather getting beat up by Pacman...
                    Mayweather nver gets cut or get bruised in his amateur days.I haven't seen Floyd get cutted in pros either... That's why they call him Pretty Boy Floyd...

I'm hoping that the Pacman-Hatton fight will be held here in Cardiff, Wales. . . so i can a have a glimpse of the FLIP PRIDE. . . (Cardiff is one of the cities being considered as sites of this proposed fight, other is Manchester & London). . . Cardiff is also the site when Efren Reyes rules the world's billiards in 2001. . . i believe Filipinos are luckier in Cardiff than any other cities in Britain. . .

DUBAI is also being considered...

Comment

new topic: now De La Hoya's term with Pacquiao has been concluded, negotiations now have turned the table to Hatton.. probably on May 2, 2009 another big fight will take place in Las Vegas.

do you think "Pacman" can handle the heavy punches of the "Hitman"??

or do you think "Hitman" can manage the non-stop blows by the P4P King, "Pacman"?
                      ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
                      ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information