71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

55 77.46%
  • Argentina

16 22.54%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze game: Lithuania Vs Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Lietuvis
    Yes I feel the same. We have done well except the Austrlia embarrasment, but again this game did not matter so I understand.

If we get Bronze nice, if we lose still we come 4th in the world, this is awesome - super!
    I hope Lithuania gets it. I'll be there at 6h00 to watch your game and root for you.

Quote Originally Posted by loteq
    I hope Lithuania gets it. I'll be there at 6h00 to watch your game and root for you.
    yes, i think Spain will get a lithuanian fans support in the final as well
    Kicking around on a piece of ground

Quote Originally Posted by Lietuvis
    In FIBA rankings 4th gives you 5 more points (75) than 5th, 10 more than 6th and so on. 3rd gives you 150 points double 4th place so for this regard it is worth playing for it.

Also we need more medals and for the boys to come home with one they will return as victors moreso if they have a medal to show us all.
    I agree. Unfortunately I still feel deflated today. Hopefully though the Lithuanian team is not feeling the same and will be up for tomorrow's game with Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Afraid
    I wouldn't be so sure. Many people feel like Spaniards were protected by refs and after post-game comment from Javtokas that he couldn't even touch Gasol i don't think there will be much Spain's supporters in Lithuania. I will root for Spain as european team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Afraid
    Highly doubtful. Mainly for the reasons Straight forward mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by loteq
    Thanks, though. I wish I could tell you the same, but I just can't.
    Nothing against you or spanish fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo81
    Both teams prolly wont give a crap and play with less intensity...Arg did it with the US in 2006 and might do it again. Lith prob hates the color bronze now so I see it a 50/50 shot.
    But Olympic bronze is worth much more than WC bronze.

I think that Lithuania will win the bronze medal, but not so easily.

Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    I wouldn't be so sure. Many people feel like Spaniards were protected by refs and after post-game comment from Javtokas that he couldn't even touch Gasol i don't think there will be much Spain's supporters in Lithuania. I will root for Spain as european team.
    Umm… interestingly enough, only two fouls were called on Javtokas physical defence on Pau Gasol, while Javtokas himself went ten times to the free throw line…

Look, I can understand basketball fans are passionate and biased when judging refereeing, but I really can’t stand players that capitalize on that to deviate the attention from their failures.

I have lost respect for the Lithuanian players, specially Siskauskas.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!
    Buaaaaaaha! Captain Caveman... obviously you didn't has any respect. Šiškauskas had a pretty bad night (still managed to do good things) and was pretty mediocre in this tournament, but shit happens, specially after long seasons and long summers and he had problems while preparing for olympics...btw, another great player Navarro was completely out of space, is he the biggest loser in the earth? Brush your cave, smarty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok seriously, it's not like they care about your "respect".

Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    Šiškauskas had a pretty bad night but shit happens, specially after long seasons and long summers and he had problems while preparing for olympics...
    No, Šiškauskas not living up to -your- expectations is not what bothers me. It's him talking about the refs, instead of talking about his mastery in the art of disappearing what I find more displeasing.

No, Šiškauskas not living up to -your- expectations is not what bothers me. It's him talking about the refs, instead of talking about his mastery in the art of disappearing what I find more displeasing.
    Well, it was probably the first time, he'd said anything about the refs. That should still mean something.
    To be exact, he was asked for his opinion about the refs in an interview. He said : "During the games, it happens that some whistles seem surprising. Especially those 3 calls against us at the end of 2nd quarter. Of course, we should see the game at first and then judge.
    However, this is not an excuse. We'll see the game and analyze, what was wrong."
    So he wasn't complaining.
    Nevertheless, I should admit that it's not "the Siskauskas", I wanted to see before the Olympics. He's not confident enough, avoids responsibility..even when he's free.

This game will feature a rare factor: Argentina will be the underdog, which doesn't usually happen. Maybe we can take advantage from this,

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkiller
    well since ginobili is not playing and nocioni is injured , i gotta vote for lithuania.
    Lithuania is down psychologically, coz that semi was very much doable, it was a dissapointment (screw the "official" position). Argentineans are in a much better shape psychologically. that will ballance out the loss of Ginobili, imho. I think Porta will hit something like four threes tommorow. anyways, imho Lithuania are the underdogs because of psychological issues, although we look better on paper.
    btw, I do not think our team did everything possible to win that semi, let's hope coaches make the right conclusions and we take that bronze to stay fifth in that stupid FIBA ranking... and let's quallify for the Worlds next year for a change.
    stop russia

Quote Originally Posted by kestas
    Lithuania is down psychologically, coz that semi was very much doable, it was a dissapointment (screw the "official" position). Argentineans are in a much better shape psychologically. that will ballance out the loss of Ginobili, imho. I think Porta will hit something like four threes tommorow. anyways, imho Lithuania are the underdogs because of psychological issues, although we look better on paper.
    btw, I do not think our team did everything possible to win that semi, let's hope coaches make the right conclusions and we take that bronze to stay fifth in that stupid FIBA ranking... and let's quallify for the Worlds next year for a change.
    Dissapointment? Yes. As big as in Athens? No. Did Lithuania everything possible? No, they didn't gather arguably the best shooter in Europe Macijauskas, the key player Songaila and NBA star player Ilgauskas. With these players the result wouldn't be the same. As for this team, they did everything they could except few slightly questionable decisions from the coach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talk about blind referee

Lot of layups to start this game. I think the longer Argentina hangs around the better their chances, of course giving the US some trouble without Ginobili has got to help their confidence.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

@#$% Refs! I Can't Fucking Believe My Eyes!
    Last edited by mvblair; 08-24-2008 at 04:39 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Argies going for the early TKO on Jasikevicius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

17% 3point shooting.. Terrible.. Especially Siskauskas

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast