71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

55 77.46%
  • Argentina

16 22.54%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze game: Lithuania Vs Argentina

Default Bronze game: Lithuania Vs Argentina

Will Lithuania get their usual bronze? Or Argentina is still hot enough to get it (with all those injuries...)?
    signature
    --
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Predicion game!
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game!
    MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game! Most correct W-L predictions: re5pectas (59)
    All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Predicion game! Most correct predictions a.k.a. Eights: re5pectas (7)
    All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Predicion game! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)

well since ginobili is not playing and nocioni is injured , i gotta vote for lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkiller
    well since ginobili is not playing and nocioni is injured , i gotta vote for lithuania.
    Argentina played tonight well even without Manu and Nocioni. It will be very close game. Scola is hot again, in first mach against us he wasn't.

With no Ginobili I can't see Argentina beating a Lithuania team they'd be even with healthy.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

"It's questionable whether Nocioni will play"

I like Argentina... But let them go down... Lithuania by 10+ points.

Quote Originally Posted by Migelitas
    Argentina played tonight well even without Manu and Nocioni. It will be very close game. Scola is hot again, in first mach against us he wasn't.
    Yes, Argentina played well without Manu and Nocioni, but I honestly don't think they can do it again. I mean to say that Manu and Nocioni bring incredible dynamics to the team that can't be replaced. If Manu and Nocioni play, Argentina and Lithuania will have an incredible game. But...without Manu and Nocioni, I agree with the other users that Lithuania will win, maybe by a margin of 15 points.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Argentina was still a clear second at the Americas tournament without Ginobili, Nocioni, or Oberto. It will be tough to beat Lithuania with the missing players but not impossible. I'd say a 20% chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

If Nocioni plays, Argentina will have the dosis of character to overcome its problems. Quinteros and at least one other reserve must have a big game for Argentina to succeed, and i think it will happen.

Lithuania imo has the upper edge in this game especially with all the injuries that the Argentinian players have.
    Lithuania to beat Argentina by a margin of 9 points (88-79).
    Last edited by Khalid80; 08-23-2008 at 09:40 AM.

Both teams prolly wont give a crap and play with less intensity...Arg did it with the US in 2006 and might do it again. Lith prob hates the color bronze now so I see it a 50/50 shot.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by bobo81
    Both teams prolly wont give a crap and play with less intensity...Arg did it with the US in 2006 and might do it again. Lith prob hates the color bronze now so I see it a 50/50 shot.
    I don't see your analysis anywhere near the spot.
    never happened before, that Lithuania would not give a crap about a bronze medal game. Even the U.S. in 2004 had to play a great game to get the bronze. I don't see playing with less intensity logical at all. It's Olympic medals, afterall. I'm not sure what happened in 2006, but see, Lithuania took 4 bronze medals out of five games they palyed for it (including Olympics and 2007 EC). So yet howcome you predict BOTH teams won't give a crap?..
    We'd love to get the old boring bronze however it might look, especially as we went 4th in Athens.

I really like both teams so much I wish they could both win. The Liths do have the upper hand here it seems. I honestly think this game will be much more interesting than the final.

In FIBA rankings 4th gives you 5 more points (75) than 5th, 10 more than 6th and so on. 3rd gives you 150 points double 4th place so for this regard it is worth playing for it.

Also we need more medals and for the boys to come home with one they will return as victors moreso if they have a medal to show us all.

if it could be like in box 3-4place bronze medals, but.. there will be only one winner, and i trust in our guys! come and take 3rd place, we deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lietuvis
    In FIBA rankings 4th gives you 5 more points (75) than 5th, 10 more than 6th and so on. 3rd gives you 150 points double 4th place so for this regard it is worth playing for it.

Also we need more medals and for the boys to come home with one they will return as victors moreso if they have a medal to show us all.

even if lithuania wins, the medal would have to have an asterisk on it.

I feel good today! We showed quality basketball, we beat Russia (most wanted opponent here), we managed to be among 4 best teams in olympics 5 times in a row and we still can grab a medal! Our players are shining and the girls are smilling Still, we can ask for more, when Lithuania will gather all their best players in one team? I'm waiting this since 1996. Let's wait and see if this will happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Anyone knows, where I can find out the referees of the bronze medal game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    I feel good today! We showed quality basketball, we beat Russia (most wanted opponent here), we managed to be among 4 best teams in olympics 5 times in a row and we still can grab a medal! Our players are shining and the girls are smilling Still, we can ask for more, when Lithuania will gather all their best players in one team? I'm waiting this since 1996. Let's wait and see if this will happen.
    Yes I feel the same. We have done well except the Austrlia embarrasment, but again this game did not matter so I understand.

If we get Bronze nice, if we lose still we come 4th in the world, this is awesome - super!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast