View Poll Results: Who will win the gold medal?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

80 77.67%
  • Spain

23 22.33%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Final: USA vs Spain

Default great game

two great teams in a great championship1

haha look at the anti-american brigade of europeans in this thread. i read another thread at a relatively diverse forum-where the posters actually knew basketball-and guess what they were whining, moaning, and bitching about? NOTHING!

p.s. actually one poster did mention somethng about marc gasol's steroid rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojanda View Post
    haha look at the anti-american brigade of europeans in this thread. i read another thread at a relatively diverse forum-where the posters actually knew basketball-and guess what they were whining, moaning, and bitching about? NOTHING!

p.s. actually one poster did mention somethng about marc gasol's steroid rage.
    You planned to make friends here

People here know stuff about basketball, be sure about that
    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Red face Usa!

The BBall at the Olympics was OK in 2008 for my opinion. I love the US.

USA !!! is the team to beat in the olympics this year. They must assert themselves because of what they got last Olympics and WC.

Without Calderon 107 points against USA was very hard to made.

Even we lost we must be proud. i dont know what would happen if calderon played the olympic final. we would have more chances to win. i don't say that Spain would have won sure but more chances clearly because Calderon is a NBA guard.

No National Team had scored that amount of points against USA neither olympics nor Worldbasket and probably it will take 30 or 40 years to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by focos View Post
    Without Calderon 107 points against USA was very hard to made.

Even we lost we must be proud. i dont know what would happen if calderon played the olympic final. we would have more chances to win. i don't say that Spain would have won sure but more chances clearly because Calderon is a NBA guard.

No National Team had scored that amount of points against USA neither olympics nor Worldbasket and probably it will take 30 or 40 years to see it.
    I'm not sure about that focos, I mean you obviously know your team better, but Jose played in the first game in group play. He played well in the first half, yet it was still a blowout. It is hard to say how that game would have played out if you add other players. That game was just 'right' for almost every player involved. Maybe adding another player totally alters the course of that game? You know like how they say about going back in time? That was an offensive shootout, the game was also called very tightly..many points were scored on the line..so that is where the point total comes from imo.

Calderon is a better NBA player than Navarro, but Juan Carlos went off in that final game (I believe part of this was because USA was not allowed to breathe on him, but I digress on that ). I think a great FIBA player gives a team the same, if not more of a chance than an NBA player..imo the FIBA player will have more respect from the refs. Spain severely challenged the U.S with a similar style, but I honestly don't see a team beating the U.S with an NBA Phoenix Suns like offensive approach. Since 2002 the U.S has averaged over 100 points vs Spain. I think it will take a blend of near offensive perfection and a more disciplined defense that Spain has displayed vs U.S..the last teams to that were Greece & Argentina.

What is scary though is how easily Spain put the defensive clamps down on teams in this most recent Eurobasket. They displayed tremendous team defense in the knockout stages. If Spain is indeed better on defense, and they can translate it to the WC then they will be extremely difficult to beat.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435