View Poll Results: Who will win: Argentina or USA?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

17 21.25%
  • USA

63 78.75%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Finals: Argentina versus USA

Quote Originally Posted by TchatoLT
    Let's hope we see something like in the Athens Olympics. I believe in Argentina.
    As much as I would love to see an ARG-LTU final I think such dreaming time is now over. We are talking about the top 4 teams in the world and it pretty well much now will be business as usual.

USA will beat Argentina and Spain will (dare I say it) beat us. We will see US v Spain final and ARG - LTU bronze game. I dont think we will beat a pissed of ARG team looking for revenge in the nail bighter we had in preliminaries.

even though i want argies to win, in reality, the us will win by 10+

I won't take a side other than I want to see a good basketball game.

USA will apply the beatdown tonight, win by 25+

Argentina lacks the depth. I don't think they will pull this one off like they did against greece and their wrong aproach to the game (and the high 3p percentage of course). As much as i would like to see argentina win (i'm an underdog lover-i know ) i'd say USA to win by 30-40.

Quote Originally Posted by qiangdade
    Argentina lacks the depth. I don't think they will pull this one off like they did against greece and their wrong aproach to the game (and the high 3p percentage of course). As much as i would like to see argentina win (i'm an underdog lover-i know ) i'd say USA to win by 30-40.
    30-40 a bit much I think. I think the USA will win big (even though I want the game to be close) but I see them win around 15pt range maybe 20. I mean Argentina does have ginobili who is one of the best gaurds in the game.

If Nocioni is healthy then Argentina has a chance, but I think the US will be able to wear them down.

I trully wish Argentina to repeat the story of Athens. However, Us&A does look powerful..

easy win for united states here

Ginobili was quoted as saying they have a 5-10% chance to win.

Just a matter of predicting how much the US will win by...

Ginobili is the one player who really scares me, but the Argentines were really tired at the end of the Greece game and Nocioni is suspect with his knee. The US will exhaust the squad from Argentina by the third quarter unless something really unusual occurs.

USA USA USA !!! All what I want it's great actions, great basketball, and see great USA in final !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unimane
    Ginobili is the one player who really scares me, but the Argentines were really tired at the end of the Greece game and Nocioni is suspect with his knee. The US will exhaust the squad from Argentina by the third quarter unless something really unusual occurs.
    Let's hope the unsual occurs... Routine is boring.
    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

USA will just wear out Ginobili by putting different guys on him: kobe,wade, williams. I expect some contributions from Scola and Nocioni though. Anyways, I think USA will start blowing out the Argentines in 3rd quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Blood
    I mean Argentina does have ginobili who is one of the best gaurds in the game.
    so he will score 25 and have 6 assists. Will it change something? Germany had Dirk, remember.. Argentina needs their bench to step up big time to win this one, I'd say at least 30 points off the bench and that's without 20+ points from Delfino.
    stop russia

Looking for a great game and i'll be going 100% for Argentina! Some people may talk about how humble USA team is this time, but this is big bullshit, imho. I could never go for the team when it's player is saying that NBA trophy is better than olympic trophy (gold) befor semifianl You must to have some selfrespect!
    And BTW, i'm not the follower of what VS666 is writing here about USA, but i will quote Jonas Kazlauskas "Referee is allowing some thing for USA and different things for other teams. This is olympics, sport or show?" As i see things, USA by far is the best team in Olympics, but adjustment of refs to NBA physical style is ungrounded. I mean, if Lebron has super body, that means he can jump on every back and the foul won't be called only because he has super body? I had to say that and there's no need for USA guys to jump on me. Despite everything, USA team is playing the best basketball in this tournament so far and Argentina should show a perfect ball to beat this team, can't see much chances for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

USA has had struggles in the semis before

but NOT this time, USA will win but i hope we see a good game.

USA can win by 20

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    Looking for a great game and i'll be going 100% for Argentina! Some people may talk about how humble USA team is this time, but this is big bullshit, imho. I could never go for the team when it's player is saying that NBA trophy is better than olympic trophy (gold) befor semifianl You must to have some selfrespect!
    Ok, so who was that player who gave a statement that NBA trophy was better than Olympics?? I'll look that up if you name him.

Don't you f... dear to deform my posts, please. Thanks. The guy is D. Wade.
    http://www.krepsinis.net/news.php?news_id=82361
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

[QUOTE=Straight forward" As i see things, USA by far is the best team in Olympics, but adjustment of refs to NBA physical style is ungrounded. .[/QUOTE]

the what?the nba physical style as opposed to euroleague all finese basketball?Lmfao

i thought nba was turning in a sissy league with all the handchecking rules and the real physical game was played in europe and now that Usa excels at this type of basketball euroapologists are whining again..how predictable...of course when a lumberjack called Eurelius Zukauskas was mugging and hacking any poor guy who attempted to drive in the hoop at the 2003 eurobasket i bet you wouldn't complain about it

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast