View Poll Results: Who will win: Argentina or USA?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

17 21.25%
  • USA

63 78.75%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Finals: Argentina versus USA

Default Semi-Finals: Argentina versus USA

The battle of the Americas. This could be the last chance for some of Argentina's National Team players. They're athletic and smart, but they aren't getting younger. Team USA is on a tear, scoring 105 points per game. Who goes to the Finals?
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Argentina is playing great after a rocky start. They will have a good chance to upset the US, especially if Delfino is as lucky as he was against Greece. Manu is the most exciting player in the world; no game is finished if he is playing. But if Delfino and Prigioni dribble too much and waste good offensive sets, this game could be a blow-out.

I'm voting that the US will win, but we should be ready to watch an incredible game.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

I'm the first guy to reply to this post (after mvblair)! YEEEEEEAH

The US has so far has not been intimidated by any team and I don't think that Argentina will be compete at the same level as the US NT.
    The Redeem Team to beat Argentina by 18 points.

If this one get close Argentina will win. I have USA. They are big favorites.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

It would be nice to see a 3 pt competition in this one but I just want the win.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

I expect the US to win going away exploiting Argentina's lack of depth.
    Pistons: 2019-2020 Blow it up, just blow it all up.

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

The bench is too deep and can out last any team in 40 minutes. They will wear out the Argentinians by pressure defense and running offense. If the
    3's come raining down, Argentinia will have a rude awakening! My prediction: USA wins +40.

Let's hope we see something like in the Athens Olympics. I believe in Argentina.

No chance for a "surprise" this time. I think US NT will go into this game really motivated... Argentina will get blown away in second half.

All US has to do is not let Ginobili dictate the tempo of the game,easier said than done.Ginobili would be the player to pull the rabbit out of the hat for Argentina. US needs to find that one player to step up to that defensive challenge.Kenyon Martin in his prime comes to mind, but I believe Bryant could rattle Manu. So shut down Ginobili, team Argentina will be at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by TchatoLT
    Let's hope we see something like in the Athens Olympics. I believe in Argentina.
    Unless Stephon Marbury, Emeka Okafor, and Richard Jefferson are walking through that door I don't think we'll see a repeat of Athens.
    LOL

I'm rooting for the Argentina b/c of the discrepany in pay scales. I mean Millions of dollars in the NBA compared to say $100,000 to $150,000 for European leagues.

I know some of you might ask why i don't root for Americans in soccer, since the opposite is true for soccer leagues (i mean $50-$100,000 in the MLS, compared to Millions in European Soccer Leagues) i say well you have beckham whose make 100's of millions.

But them some of you will say but Ginobli and Gasol and various "foreigners" make millions in the NBA. I say Screw you.

i'm really hoping Argentina takes it, i'm sick of the arrogant americans.
    Even though they've "behaved well" i will root against them b/c i have an inferiority complex.
    Last edited by europeoverall; 08-21-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by europeoverall
    I'm rooting for the Argentina b/c of the discrepany in pay scales. I mean Millions of dollars in the NBA compared to say $100,000 to $150,000 for European leagues.

I know some of you might ask why i don't root for Americans in soccer, since the opposite is true for soccer leagues i mean $50-$100,000 in the MLS, i say well you have beckham whose make 100's of millions.

But them some of you will say but Ginobli and Gasol and various "foreigners" make millions in the NBA. I say Screw you.

Even though they've "behaved well" i will root against them b/c i have an inferiority complex.
    I have not seen ingorance americans in this team...It's far the best team in terms of character the Usa have send ever. I believe that tha Usa will take this game, even if Argentina goes hot in 3s. Only if the Usa breaks the baskets have a small change of losing.

I know some of you might ask why i don't root for Americans in soccer, since the opposite is true for soccer leagues i mean $50-$100,000 in the MLS, i say well you have beckham whose make 100's of millions.

lolz. Good parody post. At least I think this is a parody post, but judging by some of the things I've read on here I wouldn't be surprised if you were serious.

I can only imagine if an American poster named "AmericaOvertheWorld" came here and posted stuff like this. I think VS's head would explode and the rest of the European posters would go into collective cardiac arrest as they tell him how much smarter they are than everyone else.
    LOL

Four of Argentina's players play in the NBA. Delfino who plays in the Euroleagues now is also a multimillionaire.

Well at least you had a counter argument

Bonus points for honesty.

I think it's a parody post, but damn if I can tell anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fkayios
    I have not seen ingorance americans in this team...It's far the best team in terms of character the Usa have send ever. I believe that tha Usa will take this game, even if Argentina goes hot in 3s. Only if the Usa breaks the baskets have a small change of losing.
    I agree. This is one team I'm really proud to have representing my country. They respect the other teams. They openly talk about the other players and their strengths in the locker room. They've been good for us.

That said...I still like to see Team USA fall. I'm just one of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown

I think it\'s a parody post, but damn if I can tell anymore.
    LOL, its that bad huh?

LOL, its that bad huh?
    oh you have no idea, welcome to the forum

I know some of you might ask why i don't root for Americans in soccer, since the opposite is true for soccer leagues (i mean $50-$100,000 in the MLS, compared to Millions in European Soccer Leagues) i say well you have beckham whose make 100's of millions.

What has to do with the NBA players, soccer players that makes millions of dollars. Were talking about the olympics here, you get crazy for not sharing their millions bucks with you. Is your fingers are the same length? If so, you can be one of them, unfortunately your fingers is not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown
    Four of Argentina's players play in the NBA. Delfino who plays in the Euroleagues now is also a multimillionaire.

Well at least you had a counter argument

I think it's a parody post, but damn if I can tell anymore.
    People become millionaire because they work hard for their bucks. Money it won't grow on trees, every body will shovel snow during winter, but not money.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast