Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zyy
    better team won, no talks about that
    if Kleiza's fall on Gasol's fake in the fourth quarter would not be called second unsportsmanlike (disquallification) but Marc Gasol's huge intentional slash from behind on Javtokas (I think) would have been called that and Lithuania would have won by 1 because of that you'd still say better team won? so which team is better in the sport of basketball then, the one that gets a couple of 50:50 calls in its favour?
    stop russia

Comment

• Originally posted by Buducnost PG
      The EC 09 could be realy interesting and very open. I am sure that a few players by Spain will take a rest or retire. It could easily happen that Jimenez, P. Gasol, Navarro, Garbajosa and Calderon will not play in Poland 09. The EC 2011 is in your home country. So if you want go reach a good result there, you must start to form a new team next year. What about Saras, Siskauskas and Kaukenas? Will they also play after this year for the NT?
      Calderon will play every summer with NT till London2012 at least.......he has a clause on his contract, Raptors couldnĀ“t prevent him play with NT.
      Garbajosa and Jimenez are the candidates to retire from NT, but Jimenez could play 2 years more.....
      P.Gasol, perhaps for the next years only plays the big tournaments, (worldchamps and olympics)
      Navarro, I think he would leave the NT cause this year he is a rotation player and that situation.....

Comment

• Originally posted by kestas
        if Kleiza's fall on Gasol's fake in the fourth quarter would not be called second unsportsmanlike (disquallification) but Marc Gasol's huge intentional slash from behind on Javtokas (I think) would have been called that and Lithuania would have won by 1 because of that you'd still say better team won? so which team is better in the sport of basketball then, the one that gets a couple of 50:50 calls in its favour?
        At first time, I donĀ“t think was an unsportsmanlike...in the slowmotion replay could be seen how Kleiza tries to catch PauĀ“s neck.....If the ref watched cleary is a correct call, if not.....is a big mistake

Comment

• Congrats to Spain.

I'm really disappointed, but.. it is like it is

Now only hope for our usual bronze left. So let it be. Let's kick Argentina one more time!

And, btw, argument, that fouls 36-22, - sucks
          We should have played better, and that's it!
          Simas was the man of the day, although later he was pushed to throw stupid 3s and loose his %
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
          MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
          2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

• Let's just get our bronze medals against Argentina (DIFFICULT), let's see the Spanish kicked by the Americans (EASY... the first time I won't be rooting for an upset here against the Star Spangled Banner), and I'll be glad after the this Olympic tourney. Then I guess everybody gets what they deserve, with no upsets and real surprises. Spain without CalderĆ³n and with bad-form Navarro were a step below their level, but let's admit, they were able to turn on that extra gear on defence which killed us, and we were exhausted.

(OK, Lithuania vs. Argentina is 50/50, both could deserve bronze).
            Last edited by Marius123; 08-22-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacosas
              We are your little country, like croats, so refs will never help us... We have to live with that. Wishing USA to destroy spain in the final
              its very easy to play the victim role... but the truth is that the referees were ok, and a winner team doesnt care about the referees, if you complain about the refs that only means that you werent good enough, is human to put the blame of our faults or of our weaknesses on others, its understandable, but do you think that if you have the best teame are you gonna let the refs play your game? we are owners of our fates, anything else its bullshit

you played well we played better, now stop complaining and fight for the bronze, thats how it works.

about the finals, does anyone know at what time its gonna be on USA?(alabama time if possible)
              thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by juncear

about the finals, does anyone know at what time its gonna be on USA?(alabama time if possible)
                thank you
                1:30 am I believe. Alabama is in the Central time zone right?
                Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by juncear
                  its very easy to play the victim role... but the truth is that the referees were ok, and a winner team doesnt care about the referees, if you complain about the refs that only means that you werent good enough, is human to put the blame of our faults or of our weaknesses on others, its understandable, but do you think that if you have the best teame are you gonna let the refs play your game? we are owners of our fates, anything else its bullshit

you played well we played better, now stop complaining and fight for the bronze, thats how it works.

thank you
                  first of all I dont say that refs were responsible for our loss. We did too much turnowers, your offensive rebounds were killing us, siskauskas has a really bad day, etc.
                  Another thing is if teams are almost the same strenght refs can decide game (yesterday they werent the factor). Remember 1995 europe final, 2002 wordchamp final when they were helping yugoslavia :-). I will say one thing more: yesterday my head was really hot after the game, so I wrote some bullshit. Dont take it seriously :-)
                  Last edited by pacosas; 08-23-2008, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• DELFI TV per metus parodo daugiau nei 1000 tiesioginių vaizdo transliacijų! Tarp jų populiariausios - krepšinio, futbolo, tinklinio ir kitų sporto šakų, verslo konferencijų, koncertų, spektaklių ir kitų renginių vaizdo transliacijos. Sekantiems naujienas DELFI TV kiekvieną darbo dieną rodo žinių laidą “120 sekundžių”, kurioje trumpai pristatomi svarbiausi dienos įvykiai. DELFI TV internete yra pasiekiama bet kuriuo paros metu.
                    One day the tides will turn
                    One day the fields will burn
                    One day the seas will churn
                    The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

• Originally posted by adebisi
                      Nice video. Lithuania is a bball country, respect!
                      Good luck to both teams for gold and bronze medal
                      41st place - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AiwiTo
                        we have to beat france if we want atleast silver...we haven't it yet
                        As i said it before. That we will be in the EC u-16 finals. Just one difference now not silver, but gold medal for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by suka
                          As i said it before. That we will be in the EC u-16 finals. Just one difference now not silver, but gold medal for sure
                          yeah, we just need to beat Czechs, what we already did in this championship by a lot margin. one more medal this year, and gold+bronze would be a perfect day today

Comment

• Sometimes it's a real pleasure to watch Spanish team defense, as it was against Greece in '06. Lith players had no chance but to pass the ball right onto Spanish players' laps on some occasions.

Reyes is a superb sub. He's very consistent and reliable.

Upon watching 3 games (vs CHN, USA, LTU), I begin to think offensive rebounding has quite a big part in Spain's game strategy. The only time they could not effectively realize this was against the USA, and we know what happened.

I honestly don't know if we are influenced by our prejudices, but Spanish players are really annoying when they get their faking fouls mode on. Takes a lot of respect away.

Lithuania played a great game. Their fall in the 4th Q was somehow inevitable and only luck could save them. Too bad they didn't have much.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Damn, i remember was watching this game with a bunch of friends while on a "Eurotrip", in some bar in a central - pedestrian street of Sarajevo. Got utterly pissed at everything after the loss, was already rather drunk, and then drank even more and at the end of it all got lost for a few hours wondering some streets on the hills with bullet holes in the walls. Basketball is bad for one's health...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information