Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 4299

Thread: Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

  1. #21
    Senior Member C2Hamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,724
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol
    maybe. but jervy cruz is a big man by RP standards only.

    jervy cruz is a low post player (and an effective one at that)
    but he is not a "big man", let's make it clear...

    (or maybe a "big man" horizontally )
    maybe so, but atleast we know/saw what he can do both locally and internationally. i'd rather see a skilled post player who isnt that tall than a tall guy who cant follow the plays.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    6,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by its_eman8211
    Future Big Man...

    Japeth Aguilar 6'10" - Drink more milk so you have healthy bones, so you won't get injured all the time. you make us excited for nothing.
    And stop stepping on balls during practice.
    Keep running, big boy.

  3. #23
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C2Hamm
    maybe so, but atleast we know/saw what he can do both locally and internationally. i'd rather see a skilled post player who isnt that tall than a tall guy who cant follow the plays.
    internationally? for just one game against the pathetic slingers?

    hey, we would rather see a skilled 'tall' big man. period.

    again, i would rather call jervy an effective, bulky, power-playing SF

    he's not a 'big man'

  4. #24
    Senior Member htownflip87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    i live in texas
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano
    And stop stepping on balls during practice.
    don't worry, he'll be good this year. their new head coach was the assistant at UT where he worked with lamarcus alderidge and kevin durant (he was a pf in college)
    -The way RP basketball can get back to the Olympic and FIBA world stage... correct positions and small ball!
    -teach all the youth that are 6'8 and shorter the ability to dribble, pass, and shoot 3's

    http://forums.interbasket.net/showth...d=1#post187750

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,950

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by its_eman8211
    Project Bravo 6'8" of CESAFI I don't know if this is true" with Dirk style of playing...
    I just got hold of one of his videos.

    Last night, in a very rare occasion, me, Emel Rowe and 3 other USC fil-foreign prospects got into a YM conference. 4 different timezones. When Bravo left the conference early, I showed the video to the other guys to comment on. You guys can forget about the Dirk Nowitzki comparison. His ballhandling is pathetic. But one thing for sure, he is tall, and can really sky. He looks raw though.

    And as much as I want to share the video now, you'll have to wait a little more.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    I just got hold of one of his videos.

    Last night, in a very rare occasion, me, Emel Rowe and 3 other USC fil-foreign prospects got into a YM conference. 4 different timezones. When Bravo left the conference early, I showed the video to the other guys to comment on. You guys can forget about the Dirk Nowitzki comparison. His ballhandling is pathetic. But one thing for sure, he is tall, and can really sky. He looks raw though.

    And as much as I want to share the video now, you'll have to wait a little more.
    c'mon bro.. please share the video now..please.. hehehe

  7. #27

    Default

    By the way what happened to the 6'7" Berame of UV?????

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedAmeircanTikiTiki
    By the way what happened to the 6'7" Berame of UV?????
    He is Mr. Butterfingers at the Cebu Nios team in Liga Pilipinas

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    2,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    He is Mr. Butterfingers at the Cebu Nios team in Liga Pilipinas
    i thought he is good? you think he can make it to the pba?

  10. #30
    Senior Member its_eman8211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    475
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano
    And stop stepping on balls during practice.
    Japet is really crazy...
    CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

  11. #31
    Senior Member htownflip87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    i live in texas
    Posts
    318

    Default

    i think we should all send our big men to the US for college so that they grow 3 inches, lol. japeth went from 6'7 to 6'10 =)
    -The way RP basketball can get back to the Olympic and FIBA world stage... correct positions and small ball!
    -teach all the youth that are 6'8 and shorter the ability to dribble, pass, and shoot 3's

    http://forums.interbasket.net/showth...d=1#post187750

  12. #32
    Senior Member bolabasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    He is Mr. Butterfingers at the Cebu Nios team in Liga Pilipinas
    he's Cebu's secret weapon... will only be unleashed in the finals...
    SMART GILAS: all the way

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htownflip87
    i think we should all send our big men to the US for college so that they grow 3 inches, lol. japeth went from 6'7 to 6'10 =)
    and when they get back here, unfortunately they will still be measured at 6'7 rather than 6'10. I really doubt they grew because they went to the US. It's more likely that those kids who went there were really still growing when they left or worse, its another case of height-padding

  14. #34
    Senior Member htownflip87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    i live in texas
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    and when they get back here, unfortunately they will still be measured at 6'7 rather than 6'10. I really doubt they grew because they went to the US. It's more likely that those kids who went there were really still growing when they left or worse, its another case of height-padding
    or better nutrition, athletic programs in the universities of the US closely monitor the players. Here at UT, they have a cafeteria just for people that play sports.
    -The way RP basketball can get back to the Olympic and FIBA world stage... correct positions and small ball!
    -teach all the youth that are 6'8 and shorter the ability to dribble, pass, and shoot 3's

    http://forums.interbasket.net/showth...d=1#post187750

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htownflip87
    or better nutrition, athletic programs in the universities of the US closely monitor the players. Here at UT, they have a cafeteria just for people that play sports.
    I agree with proper nutrition but let's put it in th proper perspective: An additional 3 inches in height in a very short span of time cant happen unless the player is still really experiencing a growth spurt and has still not reached the maximum age for growing or as Ive said, it could also be a case of height padding.

    Let them go for better nutrition and better training, and not because they are going to go taller there

  16. #36
    Senior Member htownflip87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    i live in texas
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    I agree with proper nutrition but let's put it in th proper perspective: An additional 3 inches in height in a very short span of time cant happen unless the player is still really experiencing a growth spurt and has still not reached the maximum age for growing or as Ive said, it could also be a case of height padding.

    Let them go for better nutrition and better training, and not because they are going to go taller there
    yeah true, that's why i said guys like japeth aguilar who is still young. junmar is only 19 right? he's still growing, big man like those who are still young and still growing.

    but i agree for sending them for better nutrition and training as well, but poor nutrition can INHIBIT the full extent of our player's heights
    -The way RP basketball can get back to the Olympic and FIBA world stage... correct positions and small ball!
    -teach all the youth that are 6'8 and shorter the ability to dribble, pass, and shoot 3's

    http://forums.interbasket.net/showth...d=1#post187750

  17. #37
    Banned snipes12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    189

    Default

    bonel balingit jr .
    asa pa kaio hehe

  18. #38
    Senior Member RayV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    I just got hold of one of his videos.

    Last night, in a very rare occasion, me, Emel Rowe and 3 other USC fil-foreign prospects got into a YM conference. 4 different timezones. When Bravo left the conference early, I showed the video to the other guys to comment on. You guys can forget about the Dirk Nowitzki comparison. His ballhandling is pathetic. But one thing for sure, he is tall, and can really sky. He looks raw though.

    And as much as I want to share the video now, you'll have to wait a little more.
    Can really sky?? What does this mean? You mean he has an exceptional vertical leap?

    What position does he play anyway? No ballhandling? Is he a Mike Hrabak-type of player?

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedAmeircanTikiTiki
    By the way what happened to the 6'7" Berame of UV?????
    he scored 10 pts as a starter in cebu's win in the game 2 of the Liga Pilipinas South Quarterfinals. just give rino berame playing time and moral boasting confidence, im pretty sure he'll be able to help the team on both offense and defense..

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Fil-Italian player of San Beda

    From pex

    May nakita na kaming Fil Italian sa Line Up. Grabe ring bumato sa Tres. Matangkad pa. European ang laro. Yun palang Consul sa Milan na Bedista ang nakakuha doon.

    Parang mga 7 footer din yun. , hawig ng laro ni Pennisi

    Translation: 7 foot Filipino-Italian spotted in San Beda...

    Another:

    nakausap ko c pong escobal yesterday.. 3 nigerians pala.. 2 cousin ni ekwe.. 1 fil-italian, 2 nsa beijing nga.. watching basketball.. at my 4 na fil-am, at isang 7'4 ayaw nia sabihen kung ano nationality....

    translation: New recruits for San beda Red Lions including a 7'4 center, 3 nigerians and fil-foreigners....

Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •