Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OjiesIII View Post
    I hope too but it's uncertain and it will take decades before it happens. As of now let's focus on the development of this kids.

Matthew Aquino - 6'7, (17yrs old) Center - Still growing

Isaac Go - 6'7, (17 yrs old) Center - Still growing

Kobe Paras - 6'7, (17 yrs old) SF - Still growing

Tzaddy Rangel - 6'7 (16 yrs old) - PF - Still growing

Kmark Carino - 6'7 (16 yrs old) - Center - Still growing

Aj Edu - 6'7 (14 yrs old) PF/C - Projected height 6'10 and above.

Ethan Kirkness - 6'5 (12 yrs old) Center - Projected height 6'10 and above. He is not 6'7 yet but 6'5 at 12 is just wow.

Can someone confirm if the above bolded part is legit? 6'7 is good for us if it's true.
    [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• Originally posted by sergio23 View Post
      Can someone confirm if the above bolded part is legit? 6'7 is good for us if it's true.
      Article on Kmark Carino dated Feb 3 2014.

Kmark had turned sweet 16 on Feb. 1.

When he came to the family together with Nomer Gonzales, also 16 and 6-foot-3, about two years ago, Kmark was “only” 6-foot-5. On his 16th birthday, Kmark was measured at almost 6-foot-7.

And to think that June Mar Fajardo, 6-foot-10, was a “mere” 6-foot-4 when he turned 16.

The future is here?

Hey, Kmark, what’s your shoe size now?

BTW Kmark is with Ateneo team B right now.

Comment

wow! just wow a 12 yr old battling against 16-18 bracket, and the kid is holding his own. That is a good sign right?
        I was about to post suggesting that this kid, though only 12 year old, be ranged against 14 to 15-year old Pinoy high school ballers when he comes to Manila. But upon hearing from tito thoots that he was already holding his own against 16 to 18 year old kids in Australia, I'm thinking maybe we let this kid play against college varsities in the UAAP & NCAA! hehehe! Just kidding
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
          Recruit them to be members of future RP youth teams then just add local guards and pg. Most of them will be veterans already when qualifications for fiba 2023 starts
          Kobe, Isaac,Tzaddy and Matthew are not eligible for u-18 anymore

Comment

Here's one of the article saying about Tzaddy Rangle's height.

Tsaddy John Tabaldo-Rangel
            You won’t miss Tzaddy Rangel. At 14 when he became a Jr. NBA All Star, he was 6’4. Today at 16 he stands 6’7. And he’s still growing. This lanky center from La Salle Green Hills can score, shoot threes and do mean putbacks. He became a Jr. NBA All Star in 2011. He will become a dominant center one day.

The official site of the National Basketball Association. Follow the action on NBA scores, schedules, stats, news, Team and Player news.

Comment

• I can't believe that Fajardo was only 6-4 when he was 16 years old. Meaning he grew by almost 6 inches since then. He must have a great growth spurt from 16 to 19 years of age.

I wonder how tall Kirkness would be when he reaches 18. Usually grabe yung growth spurt at the age of 13 to 16 year of age.

I grew up by about 5 inches when I was 13 to 16 years of age. To think that I stand just about the average height of a Filipino male.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Here is one of the many article saying that Isaac Go is 6'7 and up. He is also now with Ateneo.

Meanwhile, Isaac, the towering 6’8” center, admits that he was lazy to go to practice during his early years in the game. But he decided to get serious after the prodding of elder brother Gian and when his mom enrolled him in his first basketball camp.

Isaac was still a high school freshman when he was spotted by coach Eric Altamirano, who recommended him to Olsen Racela for the RP Youth Under-16 team.
                A recurring shoulder injury has prevented Isaac from playing as a rookie in the Ateneo Blue Eagles in this year’s UAAP. But he looks forward to recovering fully and keep improving his game. He also wants to play in the PBA as well as the national team.

Read more: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/168031...#ixzz3E1Fpdpba
                Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Comment

I saw Cariño in the FMC last summer. The kid is really thin, but has a surprisingly soft touch under the basket and from as far as 12 feet out. Plus, Almazan-type length and good motor. Go is more like your typical Pinoy center -- slow, average footwork, a project, but he does have height and you can't teach it.
                  Keep running, big boy.

Comment

You won’t miss Tzaddy Rangel. At 14 when he became a Jr. NBA All Star, he was 6’4. Today at 16 he stands 6’7. And he’s still growing. This lanky center from La Salle Green Hills can score, shoot threes and do mean putbacks. He became a Jr. NBA All Star in 2011. He will become a dominant center one day.

http://ph.nba.com/local-events/59/me...and-team-jolas
                    Here's the problem with Rangel: Outside of the occasional summer leagues, his current high school (Hope Christian) does not play a lot of tournaments, especially now that the MMTLBA has closed shop. But if he has half of the toughness of former HCHS star John Apacible, he'll be a serviceable center.
                    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• I would rank Go to be the best of the three at the moment and then Rangel and then Cariño

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                        I saw Cariño in the FMC last summer. The kid is really thin, but has a surprisingly soft touch under the basket and from as far as 12 feet out. Plus, Almazan-type length and good motor. Go is more like your typical Pinoy center -- slow, average footwork, a project, but he does have height and you can't teach it.
                        if we can develop them earlier then we could have a competitive bigmen in the near future.

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

http://ph.nba.com/local-events/59/me...and-team-jolas
                          wow still growing... hope he could reach 6'10-6'11 a good prospect.

Comment

wow still growing... hope he could reach 6'10-6'11 a good prospect.
                            That was a year ago he is probably 6'8 right now he is Kobe Paras' dunking buddy! ��

Comment

• Originally posted by blitznutz View Post
                              I would rank Go to be the best of the three at the moment and then Rangel and then Cariño
                              uhm... have you seen go play? i saw go and rangel, rangel is raw but is more mobile than go and tries to do things. go just uses his height in hs level.
                              WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                              SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• There is other tall and good player playing for CHIANG KAI SHEK COLLEGE and his last name Bartolome and he was already 6'5 last year and I don't know how tall he is now. I also watched the last year MILO PASSERELLE final and I saw a tall kid playing for CKSK and his name is TIBAYAN and I think he is only around 14 years old and around 6'3-6'4 and he dunk the ball with authority. It was very rare for young filipino kid dunking ball at this age.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information