Page 101 of 220 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4384

Thread: Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang_Vermeiden View Post
    I guess what you meant was for non Germans born in Germany right?

in summary, if you have foreign parents and you were born in Germany ,you can only have dual citizenship only until 21 and you have choose to be a German or your parent's nationality.

But now, you can keep both citzenships, depending on some criterias.
    Thanks. I read somewhere that for German dual citizens, you need to have lived for at least around 10 years in Germany in order to keep your dual status beyond the age of 21.

its better to continue his training in germany. Its hard to play your desired position in ph. You can come in as a young shooting guard, but if you're the tallest kid on the team, you'll be forced to play out of your position. What is important is his philippine passport and his desire to play for the country

Senior Member Wolfgang_Vermeiden's Avatar

laws are changing, but basically the goal is to be have a model of modern citizenship policy.
    We need a player like him today, THE LIM-SANITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGemiWN6t0E

I guess the focus now is to improve the skills on basketball, and I agree that its important that they have PH passports, but desire for playing for the country is something to be developed, at least the parents are open to this idea and these kids are proud to have Pinoy blood. they actually look very Pinoy, except for the color of the eyes and height.

it would help, if our NT will have more exposure like last year's World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang_Vermeiden View Post
    hopefully you are right.

btw, the 11 year old kid has a great crossover and he likes watching videos of Kyrie.
    i-video na yan bro trans: please provide videos as soon as you can, thanks
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    I'm guessing they're around 16 years old. Will put them in. Thanks!
    A 6'4 14 year old Kapampangan was recently discovered by the same recruiter who discovered JR Pagalangan.

Quote Originally Posted by onggok View Post
    With this discoveries of tall kids, the sbp need to put up school exclusively for Basketball players. I don't want to see their potential to be wasted.
    It might be very difficult to dismantle the established youth sport system in this country. In the event that an academy for basketball is set up, there is no assurance that it will be able to attract players since it has to compete with the local high school programs. Financially, that academy will have to survive on subsidies which does not make it sustainable. Instead, we can perhaps have a series of (sponsored) camps during the second semester wherein these kids will be exposed to high level training from coaches who will be tasked to get them ready for the youth NT and maybe, high school or college ball in the US. At the same time, their high school coaches will be taught the drills so they can do the training with their other players as well when the players go back to their school teams.

What the SBP can actually do is perhaps help in the organization of a non-school based summer youth league wherein the main focus is to give these tall players exposure and playing time. If you look at the current crop of local summer leagues, they are all just clones of each other whether its the FilOil, FMC, PCABL, PSSBC, etc. Maybe it can have a height requirement (similar to the FedEx six-footers league of the BAP), put a limit on the number of players below 6ft a team can have, allow foreign players to play as long as they reach a minimum height requirement, etc. Maybe even revive the PBL juniors or get the organizers of these new leagues that have recently sprouted like the FBA, CDL and the PCBL to focus on youth basketball instead of making another clone of the PBA D-league.
    Last edited by c_d; 08-06-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    its better to continue his training in germany. Its hard to play your desired position in ph. You can come in as a young shooting guard, but if you're the tallest kid on the team, you'll be forced to play out of your position. What is important is his philippine passport and his desire to play for the country
    true. Caidic was forced to play the center position during his ameteur days just because he was the tallest kid in his team.

Quote Originally Posted by toikins View Post
    true. Caidic was forced to play the center position during his ameteur days just because he was the tallest kid in his team.
    And I'm sure we have all experienced it in our own little way. I'm 5'6-7 pg. But its not uncommon for me to play sf on defense then pg on offense.

It would be nice if we can have a fil-euro league for different age groups. Maybe have the options to register to vote for the elections and ofcourse, apply for ph passport. It will be like a fiesta organized by DFA or ph embassy.
    It will expose them to filipino culture and hopefully discover new talents for basketball, football and other sports

Speaking of Euro connections, we should really take advantage of our bilateral relations with Spain. Not only it has the most competitive basketball system in the continent. we also have multiple bilateral agreements in terms of sports with them. Plus Spain has the most lax naturalization policies for Filipinos in Europe. You don't even have to renounce your Filipino citizenship once you become a naturalized Spanish citizen.

I'm excited for UAAP because 3 years for now I will see more than one 7 footer playing in the UAAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    i-video na yan bro trans: please provide videos as soon as you can, thanks
    Once the parents give approval to give out personal details, i will put in videos.

Quote Originally Posted by c_d View Post
    A 6'4 14 year old Kapampangan was recently discovered by the same recruiter who discovered JR Pagalangan.
    What's his name sir? Madami ngang hawak na matatangkad na bata si ViceGov Delta dito sa Pampanga. Madalas sila tumakbo at magpractice dito sa may Bren Z. Guiao Convention Center dito sa San Fernando. Kasama din yung Jay Pangalangan.

Quote Originally Posted by giandeedoydoy View Post
    What's his name sir? Madami ngang hawak na matatangkad na bata si ViceGov Delta dito sa Pampanga. Madalas sila tumakbo at magpractice dito sa may Bren Z. Guiao Convention Center dito sa San Fernando. Kasama din yung Jay Pangalangan.
    Our house is in front of Convention center,but I don't live in the Philippines anymore.Do you watch their practice? and can you video their practice session because I want to see Pangalangan progress.
    Last edited by onggok; 08-07-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    Speaking of Euro connections, we should really take advantage of our bilateral relations with Spain. Not only it has the most competitive basketball system in the continent. we also have multiple bilateral agreements in terms of sports with them. Plus Spain has the most lax naturalization policies for Filipinos in Europe. You don't even have to renounce your Filipino citizenship once you become a naturalized Spanish citizen.
    I hope SBP communicates with Dan Palami on this. Under him PFF was able to bring in Patino and the Guirado brothers to play for the Azkals.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by giandeedoydoy View Post
    What's his name sir?
    here's the fb post https://www.facebook.com/benjie.nava...25?pnref=story

Nardy Madrasto Coach Benjie you know how to reach me.

and daddy likes NU - https://www.facebook.com/benjie.navarro.5
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

If I am Dennis Pineda I will put up school in Pampanga or Central Luzon exclusively for Basketball players to challenge the dominance of NCR high school basketball. By the way,any news on our biggies.

Quote Originally Posted by toikins View Post
    We have to change the way we train and develop our bigs. I remember my friend in the Philippines telling me if you're a big man. As long as you can post up and rebound that's enough already lol. This was in the 80s. You still need to work on the funadamentals as a player. If I were a 6'8 kid in our country. I would work on my dribbling and outside shooting. I would also try to pattern my game after Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant. I would aslo ask my coach if I could play the 1, 2, 3 positions only. I had an argument with a friend a couple of years ago about this. He told me that's whats it's needed in the present if a certain kid was forced to play center in grade school. True. But you have to realize that kid would graduate from grade school move to high school and college. But his basketball skill is still the same.

Default Philippine Basketball Academy for Future BIG MEN

Future BIG MEN of PHL Basketball.
    Intense training from the start in Foreign Training Camps or Spartan Training here in the Philippines "until" flourish,,BOOOM. Then we have a full potential right here....
    Galen Casida, 6'11", 18 years old, Adamson
    AJ Edu, 6'8", 14 years old, UK
    Ladis Lepalam, 6'8", 14 years old, La Salle Green Hills
    Kamaka Hepa, 6'8", 15 years old, Alaska
    Arman Demigaya, 6'8", 18 years old, Adamson
    Jeremiah Pangalanan, 6'8", 17 years old, Centro Fidei
    Matthew Aquino, 6'8", 18 years old, NU
    Tzaddy Rangel, 6'7", 17 years old, NU
    Kemark Cariño, 6'7", 17 years old, Ateneo
    Gian Gaspar, 6'6", 14 years old, FEU-FERN
    Zachary Salazar, 6'6", 15 years old, Ateneo HS
    Kobe Paras, 6'6", 18 years old, Cathedral HS (LA)
    Carl Tamayo, 6'5", 14 years old, Adamson
    RV Berjay, 6'5", 15 years old, Ateneo HS
    Will Gozum, 6'5", 15 years old, UPIS
    Jason Credo, 6'5", 15 years old, Ateneo HS
    Justin Arana, 6'5", 16 years old, UST
    Jossier Hassan, 6'5", 16 years old, Ateneo HS
    Jonas Tibayan, 6'4", 15 years old, Chiang Kai Shek
    Sean Ildefonso, 6'3", 15 years old, Ateneo HS
    Rhayyan Amsali, 6'3", 14 years old, Nazareth School of NU
    Kai Sotto, 6'3", 12 years old, St Francis of Assisi

Page 101 of 220 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast