Page 311 of 320 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 6385

Thread: Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

  1. #6201
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    12,272
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I can see that the offense involves Go and Baltazar already. Kai will be involved as well. Like you said, at least Tab's system can involve our bigs better than Chot's offense.

    Even though the offense mostly involves the high post, it has some plays for our guys in the low-post as well. Hopefully our next bigs can develop into lethal offensive options, at par with or better than the best scoring guards in the PBA.
    with Kouame and Kai in the middle, i think Go and Balti is free to shoot from the outside and this will create spacing inside. if ever kouame and kai also play as twin tower, both can shoot the outside, so they can also create space to each other on offense. true enough all our big men can really shoot outside.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  2. #6202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,500
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Between RJ Abarrientos & SJ Belangel, I'll go for SJ at this point becoz of SJ's familiarity with coach Tab's system. I think SJ is less of a scoring point guard when he moved to college level basketball. RJ on the other hand has yet to play college hoops & during his high school basketball he was a scoring point guard and a very good scoring point guard at that.
    I like Abarrientos from the 3x3. Palaban. I'm expecting he'll be part of a 12.

  3. #6203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,899
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    This is frustrating, to say the least. Personally, as a post-playing guard, it's really hard if your teammates don't feed you, especially if you have a seal or a mismatch or a favorable matchup. It's not as flashy.
    Wala kasing credited na assist pag pinasa sa postup unlike when it is a kickout to a shooter, or pass to the cutter. Lol

    Joking aside,

    As bigs as our most talented position as of late. Our guards need to learn how to setup them

  4. #6204
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,453
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Wala kasing credited na assist pag pinasa sa postup unlike when it is a kickout to a shooter, or pass to the cutter. Lol

    Joking aside,

    As bigs as our most talented position as of late. Our guards need to learn how to setup them
    Not just set up in the post. Involve the bigs more in the pick and roll (as in put them in good receiving positions more often), or just give them drop off passes. They'll get in rhythm once they're consistently set up well.

  5. #6205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,500
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Not just set up in the post. Involve the bigs more in the pick and roll (as in put them in good receiving positions more often), or just give them drop off passes. They'll get in rhythm once they're consistently set up well.
    That was Chots limitation. He saw that June Mar couldnt finish under the rim and never designed anything for him. Tab meanwhile told our bigs to do floaters to get away from shot blockers. June Mar mastered that shot that he became deadly in PNR with Kiefer. This goes to show JMFs teachability. He wasnt allowed to lose weight because of SMB but he could still be deadly without much lift or speed.

  6. #6206
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,394

    Default

    Isasama ko ba si Big Ben Borja dito?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  7. #6207
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,063
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Isasama ko ba si Big Ben Borja dito?
    PBA only. Obviously

  8. #6208
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    PBA only. Obviously
    Philippine Basketnall eh..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  9. #6209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    That was Chots limitation. He saw that June Mar couldnt finish under the rim and never designed anything for him. Tab meanwhile told our bigs to do floaters to get away from shot blockers. June Mar mastered that shot that he became deadly in PNR with Kiefer. This goes to show JMFs teachability. He wasnt allowed to lose weight because of SMB but he could still be deadly without much lift or speed.
    It was JF who didn't want to stop eating rice because first time in his life he can buy foods easily.

  10. #6210
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,453
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    From just this game against SoKor, I noticed that 43 of the 81 points came from our bigs. 13 from Kouame, 11 from Kai, 10 from Tamayo, 6 from Baltazar, 4 from Go.

    I feel the 4 and 5 positions will be our strongest in the long run. I hope this holds true in the long run, but this is a good start.

  11. #6211
    Senior Member anon9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    184
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    That was Chots limitation. He saw that June Mar couldnt finish under the rim and never designed anything for him. Tab meanwhile told our bigs to do floaters to get away from shot blockers. June Mar mastered that shot that he became deadly in PNR with Kiefer. This goes to show JMFs teachability. He wasnt allowed to lose weight because of SMB but he could still be deadly without much lift or speed.
    Chot watched too much Miami Heat offense from Spo and related all bigs except Blatche to just screen, rebound, and get out the way.

    In that time it was good for maximizing Castro but it was a bad fit for June Mar.

    Junemar was caught in a bad time for big men. In the 80's to early 00's he would have been the main guy. He for sure would have been an NBA player. 2012 till todays the game shifted away from under the rim back to the basket bigs to either athletic rim runners or multi skilled agile bigs. Chot just turned him into a role player.

  12. #6212
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,453
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon9000 View Post
    Chot watched too much Miami Heat offense from Spo and related all bigs except Blatche to just screen, rebound, and get out the way.

    In that time it was good for maximizing Castro but it was a bad fit for June Mar.

    Junemar was caught in a bad time for big men. In the 80's to early 00's he would have been the main guy. He for sure would have been an NBA player. 2012 till todays the game shifted away from under the rim back to the basket bigs to either athletic rim runners or multi skilled agile bigs. Chot just turned him into a role player.
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    It's just that pinoy's system revolves too much around guards that even though the team got bigger, they still not using it's full potential. Hoping in the future we should need to utilize our bigs more like the europeans and australians. Yup even Tab don't really have plays for the bigs, though he is giving them freedom to do their thing unlike Chot's system who just let them wait for the drop passes.
    Hopefully, we involve our bigs more in the youth level, especially if they're as big and as skilled as Tamayo and Baltazar. Hopefully we train more 6'6"-6'8" bigs to play the PF position as well, even if they play center most of the time.

  13. #6213
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,453
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Are there PBA locals who are 6' 8 that are as comfortable as Tamayo and Balti in the perimeter ?
    The closest I can see is Christian Standhardinger. That's about it.

  14. #6214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,447
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    The closest I can see is Christian Standhardinger. That's about it.
    CStan has a good faceup game but a suspect jumper.

  15. #6215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    343
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    The closest I can see is Christian Standhardinger. That's about it.
    Roosevelt Adam's natural position is the 3 spot... but is being stupidly utilized as a 4 or 5.

  16. #6216
    Senior Member anon9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    184
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Hopefully, we involve our bigs more in the youth level, especially if they're as big and as skilled as Tamayo and Baltazar. Hopefully we train more 6'6"-6'8" bigs to play the PF position as well, even if they play center most of the time.
    Alot of 6'5 and up guys in the Philippines need to watch Draymond , Boris Diaw, or Jae Crowder.

    Versatile small bigs

  17. #6217
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    From just this game against SoKor, I noticed that 43 of the 81 points came from our bigs. 13 from Kouame, 11 from Kai, 10 from Tamayo, 6 from Baltazar, 4 from Go.

    I feel the 4 and 5 positions will be our strongest in the long run. I hope this holds true in the long run, but this is a good start.
    How's Balti's defense? I think that's his biggest weakness right now. He got exposed against Thailand and Korea.

  18. #6218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4,899
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    From just this game against SoKor, I noticed that 43 of the 81 points came from our bigs. 13 from Kouame, 11 from Kai, 10 from Tamayo, 6 from Baltazar, 4 from Go.

    I feel the 4 and 5 positions will be our strongest in the long run. I hope this holds true in the long run, but this is a good start.
    This is expecred

    Our NP is a BIG. Our Best Local Skilled Tall Player is a BIG.

    In fact I think 4/5 best players are Bigs.

    Best Players in the pool are obviously: Kai, Ange, Carl, Balti, and the only Wing is Dwight.

  19. #6219
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    CStan has a good faceup game but a suspect jumper.
    that Jumper was bread and butter from his germany days (a 40percent three point shooter up to hawaii) he isy resort on shooting jumers just that he was so good to onl
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  20. #6220
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon9000 View Post
    Alot of 6'5 and up guys in the Philippines need to watch Draymond , Boris Diaw, or Jae Crowder.

    Versatile small bigs
    These are facilitators, more like Point Forwards. Draymond is a combination of high high high IQ, swag, reputation and good..err great teammates. So that's a reach. I also like Paul Milsap. He is the ultimate short big man, who operates in the shaded lane and have a good perimeter J.

Page 311 of 320 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •