Page 329 of 339 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 6765

Thread: Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    ouch.

and even more painful.

looks like jayden harper didnt make the cut also
    I've given up on Jayden Harper a few months ago. I knew malabo chance nya to acquire Phi passport prior to his 16th birthday. If only he applied Phi passport a few months earlier than he did, malaki sana chance nya.

Well, that's how it is. We really can't have them all. At least Caelum Harris seem to have make it in time. So we'll have to make do with what we have.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I've given up on Jayden Harper a few months ago. I knew malabo chance nya to acquire Phi passport prior to his 16th birthday. If only he applied Phi passport a few months earlier than he did, malaki sana chance nya.

Well, that's how it is. We really can't have them all. At least Caelum Harris seem to have make it in time. So we'll have to make do with what we have.
    Is it not the date one applied for the passport that matters? I think ive read something like that before
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Is it not the date one applied for the passport that matters? I think ive read something like that before
    I just wish that is how FIBA sees it, but I don't want to give myself false hope.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

I just wish that is how FIBA sees it, but I don't want to give myself false hope.
    I think its the date when the passport is processed not when you receive it in the mail.

Man, if TNT wins this All-Filipino, their 3-big rotation might be noticed. Kelly (6'6"), Troy (6'7"), and Erram (6'8") could play both big positions (Erram played 4 when next to Kelly). None of them are post-players, but they bring something to the table. Kelly is a versatile defender, strong enough to guard the post, and agile enough to switch to the perimeter. Troy can is athletic and an energetic rebounder. Erram can protect the rim and defend both big positions. All of them can shoot the ball (Kelly only to an extent) and score close to the basket.

I hope most, if not all, 6'7"-6'8" bigs will have the ability to play both big positions, so they won't be much of a liability playing either spot. Having a post repertoire like Sangalang and Mo is a bonus.

^ ^ ^ ^
    I'm really curious at how Sangalang would fare against the defense of Kelly Williams & Erram. I agree with you, K. Will exhibits versatility in the defense end. He can defend post-up players as well as perimeter players.

^ ^ ^ ^
    I'm really curious at how Sangalang would fare against the defense of Kelly Williams & Erram. I agree with you, K. Will exhibits versatility in the defense end. He can defend post-up players as well as perimeter players.
    Man, I hope we get a big like him. The closest we had was 6'5" Ping, who can switch to the perimeter to an extent, to at least contain. Hopefully we can get a 6'7"-6'8" version of Ping and Kelly. Doesn't matter if purely Filipino or has foreign heritage. Basta, he has the abilities of Kelly or Ping, and he's eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Man, I hope we get a big like him. The closest we had was 6'5" Ping, who can switch to the perimeter to an extent, to at least contain. Hopefully we can get a 6'7"-6'8" version of Ping and Kelly. Doesn't matter if purely Filipino or has foreign heritage. Basta, he has the abilities of Kelly or Ping, and he's eligible.
    A 6'7-6'9 Pingris is something I've been hoping for a long time.

A 6'5 Ping was already a monster in the boards. What more a 6'9 with the same ability?
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

^ ^ ^ ^
    And to think that's post his prime and almost retired Kelly na. Prime Kelly was like a decade ago pa before JF came into the league..

I think it's Abueva who's gonna give them a bigger problem. Who are they gonna put on him? He's too strong and athletic for Pogoy and too quick for the bigger guys. They really should have kept one of Semerad or Trollano..

A 6'8 Version of kelly and ping are maybe a borderline nba player at worst. lmao

Officially date stamp engagement with DFA on subject of processing passport. that's the key .. It all adds up to supporting one's case if passport is issued after date of birth. (not saying it's automatic that it will be accepted, but it definitely helps)

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    And to think that's post his prime and almost retired Kelly na. Prime Kelly was like a decade ago pa before JF came into the league..

I think it's Abueva who's gonna give them a bigger problem. Who are they gonna put on him? He's too strong and athletic for Pogoy and too quick for the bigger guys. They really should have kept one of Semerad or Trollano..
    Come to think of it, Kelly Williams is already 39, yet he plays like 29 yrs old. It seems he hasn't lost quickness, agility & hoops after all these years. Maybe the fact that Kelly missed a No. of seasons in the PBA & had some incomplete seasons in the PBA becoz of a blood disorder have somewhat preserved his mileage. Kumbaga eh, Kelly hasn't been subjected to so much wear & tear in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Officially date stamp engagement with DFA on subject of processing passport. that's the key .. It all adds up to supporting one's case if passport is issued after date of birth. (not saying it's automatic that it will be accepted, but it definitely helps)
    In short, mas mabuti pa rin yung nakaka siguro that the player has secured a Philippine passport in his hand prior to his 16th birthday para wala ng kung anong problema pa. Mas mabuti na nasa kamay na nya yung Phi passport before his 16th b-day.

In short, mas mabuti pa rin yung nakaka siguro that the player has secured a Philippine passport in his hand prior to his 16th birthday para wala ng kung anong problema pa. Mas mabuti na nasa kamay na nya yung Phi passport before his 16th b-day.
    Yes definitly better to have passport before 16 years old, if not it comes down to a "reasonable " documented evidence that processing after filing was with reasonable time and circumstances. Obviously not all cases are similar, (case to case), what worked for one doesn't necessarily mean will wok for another.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

That is why if we can spot a 15-year old Fil-foreign prospect, it would be better that SBP people convince the parents & the kid to apply for Phi passport at least 7 months before the kid turns 16 yrs old. I know its easier said than done. If I'm not mistaken, Jayden Harper applied Phi passport about 2 or 3 months before his 16th birthday (I stand corrected by this). Ayan tuloy hindi nakahabol. Eh si Caelum Harris nga parang muntik muntikan nang di nakahabol. Good thing Caelum made it in time.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

That is why if we can spot a 15-year old Fil-foreign prospect, it would be better that SBP people convince the parents & the kid to apply for Phi passport at least 7 months before the kid turns 16 yrs old. I know its easier said than done. If I'm not mistaken, Jayden Harper applied Phi passport about 2 or 3 months before his 16th birthday (I stand corrected by this). Ayan tuloy hindi nakahabol. Eh si Caelum Harris nga parang muntik muntikan nang di nakahabol. Good thing Caelum made it in time.
    hard to say. do all of these kids (and their family) have all the docs needed at hand? if not, then that's another problem. do these families have any demand(auto part of, atleast, the youth team)? i dont know if that happens but i actually dont see it as unreasonable given SBP is the one who is chasing them. there might be other reasons, so simply asking SBP to chase someone, wont necessarily mean those families be able to apply. then there is also, are we going to chase just anyone? or do we chase someone who fits a player profile that SBP wants? that sounds better but some kids may be late bloomers, baka mahuli ulit.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Quote Originally Posted by C2Hamm View Post
    hard to say. do all of these kids (and their family) have all the docs needed at hand? if not, then that's another problem. do these families have any demand(auto part of, atleast, the youth team)? i dont know if that happens but i actually dont see it as unreasonable given SBP is the one who is chasing them. there might be other reasons, so simply asking SBP to chase someone, wont necessarily mean those families be able to apply. then there is also, are we going to chase just anyone? or do we chase someone who fits a player profile that SBP wants? that sounds better but some kids may be late bloomers, baka mahuli ulit.
    Great points bro. That's why I said, its easier said than done. I know its not easy, to say the least. My point is, if for instance SBP spots a prospect (15 or 14 year old kid) exhibiting some promise & the parents & the kid would show interest, SBP should emphasize to the parents & the kid that time is of the essence. That they have to get their acts ASAP becoz acting later might be a little too late. Huwag na silang maghintay na, halimbawa the kid's 16th birthday is 4 months away, eh saka pa lang sila magsisimulang gumalaw. It might be a little too late already. Kung pwede, mga 8 months prior to the kid's 16th birthday, gumalaw na kaagad ang mga parents & the kid to facilitate everything.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

In the case of Jayden Harper, I can't help but regret & wish that sana his parents have acted a little earlier - say 1 or 2 months earlier. Sana!

Another "sayang" case.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post

Ryan Reyes or khobuntin will be the primary defender for abueva... And I think coach chot knows how to limit the production of abueva.. Naging player din nya to sa gilas from 2017-2018, so he knows his strength and weaknesses...

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    2 rebounds 1 assist in 8 minutes of play for Kemark Carino's division 2 debut

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/aomor...ustom_widget_1
    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Is he playing as a PF/C? Honestly, I don't see how his frame can go up against those bigger imports of the B. League.

He got eaten alive by Jakrawan for gods sake.
    He's listed as a PF. I do hope he gets reps there, though. That might help make him more useful for Gilas if ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    I hope so. At least a reliable stretch 4.

No way he's going to improve in the PBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    JP Erram?
    I think this is with regard to playing the 4 and switching to the perimeter, which I saw Erram do with some regularity only recently with Chot. Kasi, in the PBA, doesn't matter if you can play 4. Once you're the tallest, you're automatically the 5, especially in the All-Filipino.

Our tallest bigs are 6'6"-6'8". That can be feasible for at least the 4 slot. I hope they consistently get the opportunity to play the 4. That can happen in college, next to taller imports. Sana sa PBA rin. Take out the import height limit.

Page 329 of 339 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331 ... LastLast