Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198
Results 3,941 to 3,958 of 3958

Thread: Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Carino playing point forward/small forward or a 3 is almost a lost cause. The 6'8 Carino is entering his 3rd year. Calvin Oftana and Clint Doluguez are the ones alternating at the 3 where Oftana at the end game is moved to the 4. In small ball situations James Kwekuweteye is sometimes being asked to be the point forward. Oftana and Doliguez have 2 years left including this season. Next year Red Cub Rhyan Amsali will be a Red Lion and plays the 3. After Amsali there is another Red Cub that is being wooed to stay at Mendiola. He also plays the 3.

So you see no more time for Carino to learn to play the 3. No more time for experimentation.
    I'd have to agree with this, theres so much to work on his skills. His handles are not for small forward,quickness and footwork.He is most suited in playing the post more than anything else.It's more possible to improve his physique and try to polish his offensive post up moves and shooting.Medyo awkward gumalaw for him to become a small forward. He could pattern his game to Ranidel.A power forward that could shoot consistent threes, have a good footwork,decent post moves,could block shots and although not as quick as the smaller players,has a decent lateral movement wouldn't be a bad thing at all.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    kenmark is a bench player even in his ateneo days its just that he breakout with mike oliver.. he must done something right that carino was able to contribute... back in rp he was again gone back where he was i. ateneo.. a reed thin center..ala JP erram but everyone knew how jp erram found the right team to show his skills..parang iting mvp group doesnt worry.. we can build him in bataan or blackwater after college .
    kmark is good in highschool. but the kid has very log bball IQ. in which it manifested in his college stint. hope he develops more in beda tho.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Surprised that Kmark was part of Chot's 23 for 23 list...

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Surprised that Kmark was part of Chot's 23 for 23 list...
    The kid has potential. Tons of it. When he was in Ateneo's Team B as a 16-year-old, I saw him play against EAC and their import and the kid had a nice shooting touch and excellent timing on the block. In fact, had he taken care of his grades, he might have been ahead of Isaac Go in the rotation last year.

Still not too late to improve his game. The kid's still 20 or 21. If his development follows that of Poy Erram, he'll be serviceable.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    kmark is good in highschool. but the kid has very log bball IQ. in which it manifested in his college stint. hope he develops more in beda tho.
    I feel like bbiq has to be the most difficult skill to acquire, weve seen tons of super athletic wings here and in the nba with subpar bbiq to flounder and never really flourish.

6'6 14 year old fil-italian, mother wants him to represent country someday. Expected to be 7 footer by 17 y/o.
    via spin.ph
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/f...ef=home_feed_1

atleast he had no problem with eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    6'6 14 year old fil-italian, mother wants him to represent country someday. Expected to be 7 footer by 17 y/o.
    via spin.ph
    Hopefully they don’t train like he will be 7ft, otherwise you’re stuck with a 6’6 Center.

via spin.ph
    I'd be happy with him at 6'9" to 6'10" so long as they train him as a wing rather than as a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    I'd be happy with him at 6'9" to 6'10" so long as they train him as a wing rather than as a 5.
    I agree, for a country like us, the most ideal is train our 6'5" and above how to play point forward rather that stretch 4, point forward relied mostly in athleticism unlike the stretch 4, a post up player that can shoot up to 3 point line

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    I agree, for a country like us, the most ideal is train our 6'5" and above how to play point forward rather that stretch 4, point forward relied mostly in athleticism unlike the stretch 4, a post up player that can shoot up to 3 point line
    Hopefully he becomes a Jokic type player

via spin.ph
    unfortunately, coaches here will automatically see him as a traditional center, who is eternally planted around the block. i'd be happy if we would be a modern day big man like jokic

via spin.ph
    Since he is 1/2 Italian, most likely he will still grow after reaching 17 years old. Yung pure-blooded Pinoy kasi, if he reaches 17, his growth will most likely stop.

I'll be happy if this kid ends up standing legit 6-foot-10. Say a 6-foot-10 version of Raymond Almazan won't be bad.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Since he is 1/2 Italian, most likely he will still grow after reaching 17 years old. Yung pure-blooded Pinoy kasi, if he reaches 17, his growth will most likely stop.

I'll be happy if this kid ends up standing legit 6-foot-10. Say a 6-foot-10 version of Raymond Almazan won't be bad.
    a 6'10 version of troy rosario or ian sanggalang (with better 3pt shooting) would be better.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by balong View Post
    unfortunately, coaches here will automatically see him as a traditional center, who is eternally planted around the block. i'd be happy if we would be a modern day big man like jokic
    lets hope to god that he ends up with a good coach

I hope that stakeholders establish a basketball academy that will focus in the development of individual talent ala Joe abunazar academy

Quote Originally Posted by balong View Post
    Hoping he'll end up in a good school like Ateneo, then they won't be having problems in the senior level, that's if the boy does not decide to go back to Italy if he flourishes here in the Philippines.I am thinking that this guy might be the replacement for Kai Ateneo is looking for (crossed fingers).I'm also hoping that he'll develop an inside and outside game.Probably something close to an Isiah Austin without the Marfan syndrome and has the strength and toughness to compete in the highest level.A 7 foot athletic player that could dribble and shoot the threes while without compensating the inside presence of a typical post player.A modern international big in short.If he does not end up very athletic, then I think this should be the typical European player he should pattern his game into.

Last edited by Alex07; 03-20-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    [I]Hoping he'll end up in a good school like Ateneo, then they won't be having problems in the senior level, that's if the boy does not decide to go back to Italy if he flourishes here in the Philippines.I am thinking that this guy might be the replacement for Kai Ateneo is looking for (crossed fingers).I'm also hoping that he'll develop an inside and outside game.Probably something close to an Isiah Austin without the Marfan syndrome and has the strength and toughness to compete in the highest level.A 7 foot athletic player that could dribble and shoot the threes while without compensating the inside presence of a typical post player.A modern international big in short.If he does not end up very athletic, then I think this should be the typical European player he should pattern his game into.

Hoping he'll end up in a good school like Ateneo, then they won't be having problems in the senior level, that's if the boy does not decide to go back to Italy if he flourishes here in the Philippines.I am thinking that this guy might be the replacement for Kai Ateneo is looking for (crossed fingers).I'm also hoping that he'll develop an inside and outside game.Probably something close to an Isiah Austin without the Marfan syndrome and has the strength and toughness to compete in the highest level.A 7 foot athletic player that could dribble and shoot the threes while without compensating the inside presence of a typical post player.A modern international big in short.If he does not end up very athletic, then I think this should be the typical European player he should pattern his game into.

Get trained and conditioned (to get rid of all that baby fat) in Ateneo, then go to Europe when there is a chance.

Unfortunately, we don't know if he will be skilled enough to play for our teenage national teams at the moment.

Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198