Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198 LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 3958

Thread: Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

I hope their future children will get the athleticism and height of Japeth and Basketball IQ of Cassy...

Quote Originally Posted by onggok View Post
    I hope their future children will get the athleticism and height of Japeth and Basketball IQ of Cassy...
    Height of Cassy and basketball I.Q. of Japeth..

What happened to Kenmark Cariņo of San Beda. He seems out of picture already. Sayang.

Quote Originally Posted by wowow View Post
    What happened to Kenmark Cariņo of San Beda. He seems out of picture already. Sayang.
    And typical Pinoy gene even for a big man,stop growing at 16,he was projected to grow around 6'10 and it seems he wants to play more outside,strange since he can take and give punishment against bigger opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    And typical Pinoy gene even for a big man,stop growing at 16,he was projected to grow around 6'10 and it seems he wants to play more outside,strange since he can take and give punishment against bigger opponents.
    Typical tall/lanky Filipino kid wasted due to limited training and exposure. More will follow...

What's his height now? No chance to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by wowow View Post
    What's his height now? No chance to improve?

He's listed at 6'9 but someone observed that he's the same height when he was 16 stuck at 6'8,if he indeed likes to play outside more these days,then he can be a tall SF.I still remember when the Chinese were wary to mix up with him on the shaded lane,he was big pain for them,he gives more than they can dish out.

He's listed at 6'9 but someone observed that he's the same height when he was 16 stuck at 6'8,if he indeed likes to play outside more these days,then he can be a tall SF.I still remember when the Chinese were wary to mix up with him on the shaded lane,he was big pain for them,he gives more than they can dish out.
    At 6'8/6'9 that's not a bad height for a power forward.Just look at Scola, but the thing is he needs to bulk up (i know i'm sounding redundant).A power forward with descent weight and strength, a consistent three point and perimeter shot and a 7 feet wingspan would be a gem in the Philippine basketball scene.I hope he doesn't end up as a Gilas 1's Ballesteros.Maybe he can transfer to Ateneo and be under the supervision of Baldwin.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    Typical tall/lanky Filipino kid wasted due to limited training and exposure. More will follow...
    6'7 thin frame. Is given more than sufficient training here and abroad. Exposure is provided via summer leagues,the PCCL, Fil-Oil and the D-League. Preference to play and shoot outside is what prevents his coach from giving him longer playing time. Personal development can't take precedence over the interest of the team. Lacks the strength to play C and PF. Has no desire and perseverance to improve his physique.

lets hope he is a late boomer.he's not very athletic but i think that can improve.Needs to bulk up and improve strength (6'9;230 lbs. wouldnt be impossible to achieve), ha should also needs to learn to use both hands and needs to learn some footwork.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Carino is listed at 6'8". He is currently being utilized as a 4 and has already utilized 2 playing years in college. I observed he can hit the three point shot. He has fallen in love with that shot and has not shown any other offensive moves as a 4. In defense he cant keep up in defending the perimeter. In some situations he was successful when he goes back to his old position at center in the game versus CSB. Because of his thin frame rookie Damie Cuntapay has overtook him in the rotation. Perhaps next season (2020) when Tankoua leaves we will see more floor time for Carino. I think he should go back playing center.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Much better for cariňo to learn how to play point forward, total he love to play in perimeter both on offense and defense and sometimes he play position 4, he got 2 more playing years in college which is enough time for serious training

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    Much better for cariňo to learn how to play point forward, total he love to play in perimeter both on offense and defense and sometimes he play position 4, he got 2 more playing years in college which is enough time for serious training
    Carino at the 4 i think is not working. He sometimes becomes a liability in defense because of his slow feet. Carino does not possess ball handling skills like Calvin Oftana and ex Red Lion William Navarro to play forward. Nagkakalat nga minsan tapos i-point forward mo pa eh wala nga ball handling skills.

Currently in the DLeague, JB Bahio starts at the 4. Carino follows him then rookie Alex Visser. When Donald leaves next year my gut tells me coach Boyet will revert Carino back at the center. Carino (6'8) and Cuntapay (6'5) will alternate at the 5. Bahio (6'5) sometimes is moved to the 5 if foul trouble among the bigs occur. Calvin Oftana (6'4) is the resident 4 and always finishes the game. Cebuano Alex Visser (6'4) is the other big who plays spot minutes at the 4.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Carino at the 4 i think is not working. He sometimes becomes a liability in defense because of his slow feet. Carino does not possess ball handling skills like Calvin Oftana and ex Red Lion William Navarro to play forward. Nagkakalat nga minsan tapos i-point forward mo pa eh wala nga ball handling skills.

Currently in the DLeague, JB Bahio starts at the 4. Carino follows him then rookie Alex Visser. When Donald leaves next year my gut tells me coach Boyet will revert Carino back at the center. Carino (6'8) and Cuntapay (6'5) will alternate at the 5. Bahio (6'5) sometimes is moved to the 5 if foul trouble among the bigs occur. Calvin Oftana (6'4) is the resident 4 and always finishes the game. Cebuano Alex Visser (6'4) is the other big who plays spot minutes at the 4.
    Kaya nga sabi ko, he got two more playing years which is might enough for a serious training

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    Kaya nga sabi ko, he got two more playing years which is might enough for a serious training
    Carino playing point forward/small forward or a 3 is almost a lost cause. The 6'8 Carino is entering his 3rd year. Calvin Oftana and Clint Doluguez are the ones alternating at the 3 where Oftana at the end game is moved to the 4. In small ball situations James Kwekuweteye is sometimes being asked to be the point forward. Oftana and Doliguez have 2 years left including this season. Next year Red Cub Rhyan Amsali will be a Red Lion and plays the 3. After Amsali there is another Red Cub that is being wooed to stay at Mendiola. He also plays the 3.

So you see no more time for Carino to learn to play the 3. No more time for experimentation.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Carino playing point forward/small forward or a 3 is almost a lost cause. The 6'8 Carino is entering his 3rd year. Calvin Oftana and Clint Doluguez are the ones alternating at the 3 where Oftana at the end game is moved to the 4. In small ball situations James Kwekuweteye is sometimes being asked to be the point forward. Oftana and Doliguez have 2 years left including this season. Next year Red Cub Rhyan Amsali will be a Red Lion and plays the 3. After Amsali there is another Red Cub that is being wooed to stay at Mendiola. He also plays the 3.

So you see no more time for Carino to learn to play the 3. No more time for experimentation.
    Maybe for San beda but it's up to him, if he dont insert more effort and passion wala talaga syang patutunguhan, sayang ang potential nya, very optimistic pa naman ung performance nya sa batang gilas

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    At 6'8/6'9 that's not a bad height for a power forward.Just look at Scola, but the thing is he needs to bulk up (i know i'm sounding redundant).A power forward with descent weight and strength, a consistent three point and perimeter shot and a 7 feet wingspan would be a gem in the Philippine basketball scene.I hope he doesn't end up as a Gilas 1's Ballesteros.Maybe he can transfer to Ateneo and be under the supervision of Baldwin.

And the thing was,this kid mix it up tough in the shaded lane and the opposing centers might be taller or bigger can't intimidate or move him in his area,these days seems like he's transitioning to a SF or a combo forward.Yes I hope the kid transfer to a school that can harness his developing skills.

He should learn to post up first as most of the time he's the tallest guy in the game and his shooting is not there yet. Bahio already overtook him in the the depth chart. He really should focus on his strengths first and work his game from there

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    He should learn to post up first as most of the time he's the tallest guy in the game and his shooting is not there yet. Bahio already overtook him in the the depth chart. He really should focus on his strengths first and work his game from there
    kenmark is a bench player even in his ateneo days its just that he breakout with mike oliver.. he must done something right that carino was able to contribute... back in rp he was again gone back where he was i. ateneo.. a reed thin center..ala JP erram but everyone knew how jp erram found the right team to show his skills..parang iting mvp group doesnt worry.. we can build him in bataan or blackwater after college .
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by onggok View Post
    I think that's highly possible. Basketball IQ isn't genetic anyway, as long as they train their future kid the basic fundamentals of basketball at early age BB IQ wouldn't be an issue.

Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198 LastLast