Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
    Surprised that Kmark was part of Chot's 23 for 23 list...
    The kid has potential. Tons of it. When he was in Ateneo's Team B as a 16-year-old, I saw him play against EAC and their import and the kid had a nice shooting touch and excellent timing on the block. In fact, had he taken care of his grades, he might have been ahead of Isaac Go in the rotation last year.

Still not too late to improve his game. The kid's still 20 or 21. If his development follows that of Poy Erram, he'll be serviceable.
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      kmark is good in highschool. but the kid has very log bball IQ. in which it manifested in his college stint. hope he develops more in beda tho.
      I feel like bbiq has to be the most difficult skill to acquire, weve seen tons of super athletic wings here and in the nba with subpar bbiq to flounder and never really flourish.

Comment

• 6'6 14 year old fil-italian, mother wants him to represent country someday. Expected to be 7 footer by 17 y/o.
        via spin.ph

Comment

• atleast he had no problem with eligibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
            6'6 14 year old fil-italian, mother wants him to represent country someday. Expected to be 7 footer by 17 y/o.
            via spin.ph
            https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/f...ef=home_feed_1
            Hopefully they don’t train like he will be 7ft, otherwise you’re stuck with a 6’6 Center.

Comment

6'6 14 year old fil-italian, mother wants him to represent country someday. Expected to be 7 footer by 17 y/o.
              via spin.ph
              I'd be happy with him at 6'9" to 6'10" so long as they train him as a wing rather than as a 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                I'd be happy with him at 6'9" to 6'10" so long as they train him as a wing rather than as a 5.
                I agree, for a country like us, the most ideal is train our 6'5" and above how to play point forward rather that stretch 4, point forward relied mostly in athleticism unlike the stretch 4, a post up player that can shoot up to 3 point line

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlon View Post
                  I agree, for a country like us, the most ideal is train our 6'5" and above how to play point forward rather that stretch 4, point forward relied mostly in athleticism unlike the stretch 4, a post up player that can shoot up to 3 point line
                  Hopefully he becomes a Jokic type player

Comment

via spin.ph
                    unfortunately, coaches here will automatically see him as a traditional center, who is eternally planted around the block. i'd be happy if we would be a modern day big man like jokic

Comment

via spin.ph
                      Since he is 1/2 Italian, most likely he will still grow after reaching 17 years old. Yung pure-blooded Pinoy kasi, if he reaches 17, his growth will most likely stop.

I'll be happy if this kid ends up standing legit 6-foot-10. Say a 6-foot-10 version of Raymond Almazan won't be bad.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        Since he is 1/2 Italian, most likely he will still grow after reaching 17 years old. Yung pure-blooded Pinoy kasi, if he reaches 17, his growth will most likely stop.

I'll be happy if this kid ends up standing legit 6-foot-10. Say a 6-foot-10 version of Raymond Almazan won't be bad.
                        a 6'10 version of troy rosario or ian sanggalang (with better 3pt shooting) would be better.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by balong View Post
                          unfortunately, coaches here will automatically see him as a traditional center, who is eternally planted around the block. i'd be happy if we would be a modern day big man like jokic
                          lets hope to god that he ends up with a good coach

Comment

• I hope that stakeholders establish a basketball academy that will focus in the development of individual talent ala Joe abunazar academy

Comment

• Originally posted by balong View Post
                              Hoping he'll end up in a good school like Ateneo, then they won't be having problems in the senior level, that's if the boy does not decide to go back to Italy if he flourishes here in the Philippines.I am thinking that this guy might be the replacement for Kai Ateneo is looking for (crossed fingers).I'm also hoping that he'll develop an inside and outside game.Probably something close to an Isiah Austin without the Marfan syndrome and has the strength and toughness to compete in the highest level.A 7 foot athletic player that could dribble and shoot the threes while without compensating the inside presence of a typical post player.A modern international big in short.If he does not end up very athletic, then I think this should be the typical European player he should pattern his game into.

Last edited by Alex07; 03-20-2019, 03:44 PM.
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                                [I]Hoping he'll end up in a good school like Ateneo, then they won't be having problems in the senior level, that's if the boy does not decide to go back to Italy if he flourishes here in the Philippines.I am thinking that this guy might be the replacement for Kai Ateneo is looking for (crossed fingers).I'm also hoping that he'll develop an inside and outside game.Probably something close to an Isiah Austin without the Marfan syndrome and has the strength and toughness to compete in the highest level.A 7 foot athletic player that could dribble and shoot the threes while without compensating the inside presence of a typical post player.A modern international big in short.If he does not end up very athletic, then I think this should be the typical European player he should pattern his game into.

Hoping he'll end up in a good school like Ateneo, then they won't be having problems in the senior level, that's if the boy does not decide to go back to Italy if he flourishes here in the Philippines.I am thinking that this guy might be the replacement for Kai Ateneo is looking for (crossed fingers).I'm also hoping that he'll develop an inside and outside game.Probably something close to an Isiah Austin without the Marfan syndrome and has the strength and toughness to compete in the highest level.A 7 foot athletic player that could dribble and shoot the threes while without compensating the inside presence of a typical post player.A modern international big in short.If he does not end up very athletic, then I think this should be the typical European player he should pattern his game into.

Get trained and conditioned (to get rid of all that baby fat) in Ateneo, then go to Europe when there is a chance.

Unfortunately, we don't know if he will be skilled enough to play for our teenage national teams at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information