Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    Another Carl Tamayo?

Looks uncoordinated but visibly mobile for his size.

It’s good that they (young bigs) are trained with guard skills drills but it’s close to useless if they’re not given the chance to execute what they practice in real, in game settings. He’d probably benefit from having a coach like Monteverde, who gives his bigs leeway to play the perimeter in spread out offensive sets.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
      Looks uncoordinated but visibly mobile for his size.

It’s good that they (young bigs) are trained with guard skills drills but it’s close to useless if they’re not given the chance to execute what they practice in real, in game settings. He’d probably benefit from having a coach like Monteverde, who gives his bigs leeway to play the perimeter in spread out offensive sets.
      He used to be coached by Monteverde, he and his older brother came from Chiang Kai shek before recruited by LSGH. His older brother played one season in UE Srs.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
        For sure potential 1st overall pick in the PBA in 2025-26.. SMC and MVP teams will try their move to get Ethan.. big man is rare commodity in the PBA nowadays..
        HAHAHA veeeery long shot! You have to see him play really.... Then he will be trained by Bo in UP? Good luck. I am willing to bet that Kirkness wont even score more than 10 points in a game in his first UAAP season.
        LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

If Maurice Shaw drafted by a pba team as a 2nd overall pick even he's past prime eh Ethan will not pick as 1st? Big man is rarity in the pba nowadays.. Ros, Alaska or even cyg coach team will take him no matter what..
          Maurice Shaw is a physical specimen while Ethan is flat footed.
          LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

He can be develop even atleast a sonny those type of player.. one thing for sure.. Alaska, Ros, phoenix will not hesitate to get his services.. no matter what you say about him..
            If you say so. Let's see in a few years. You should've watched him play for NU's team C/D and not just have high expectations without basis.
            LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
              He used to be coached by Monteverde, he and his older brother came from Chiang Kai shek before recruited by LSGH. His older brother played one season in UE Srs.
              Thanks for the info. Me bilis yung bata. I hope di masayang by playing him exclusively as a traditional big.
              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by watiwawa View Post
                Ethan is just 18 , Junmae started to okay cimoetituve basketball at 17 yet he became a 6time MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                  Ethan is just 18 , Junmae started to okay cimoetituve basketball at 17 yet he became a 6time MVP
                  what happened to his injury? Is he going to have surgery?
                  "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by watiwawa View Post

Latest video of Ethan courtesy of his dad. Its only a few seconds but he definitely moves alot better than 3 years ago when he was flat footed, awkward and uncoordinated. That personalized training he was getting in Australia is definitely a big HELP for the kid. I'd say he is on par with Geo Chiu and would make a great backup center for batang Gilas. Plus he is 6'10" for crying out loud and has a philippine passport! You don't get alot of eligible 6'10" pinoy kids nowadays.
                    Last edited by geohunk; 08-02-2020, 02:51 PM.
                    Originally posted by PeeZones
                    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

Yeah... and remember availability of Kai and AJ is not 100% due to their other commitment.. For sure Ethan, Geo will be the main big man for qualifiers especially 2025 and beyond... Sonny Thoss is also flat footed and slow but have a decent career in the PBA.. Say what all you want from Ethan but we will need him in the future.. For sure teams like Alaska, ROS and Phoenix salivating right now to take this guy if he applies in the PBA...
                      Ethan needs to be here

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• or this, I think the best thing in Australia right now is competition but he has to play against really good kids who are around 18 and above. Maybe other bigs like Henjz Demisana and Seven Gagate.

link: https://www.aubd.com.au

Last edited by Alex07; 08-03-2020, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Hope ethan kirkness will improve.

He afterall have an aussie blood.

If he can be a Standhardinger type big man for us, then he can help our national team. It is like having an eligible CS.

Hope Kirkness will not play in pba. He should try overseas too if he will be offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                            Hope ethan kirkness will improve.

He afterall have an aussie blood.

If he can be a Standhardinger type big man for us, then he can help our national team. It is like having an eligible CS.

Hope Kirkness will not play in pba. He should try overseas too if he will be offered.
                            Standhardinger is actually a very highly skilled player. It will be a blessing if Kirkness can play at his level.

Anyway, i understand what you mean. Having an extra big will be crucial for the gilas pool during Kai/Edu-era. Will save Kai/Edu in the minor competitions while still allowing us to have a wing/combo-forward as our NP.
                            Last edited by lurklurk; 08-04-2020, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• What if we envision Kirkness to be a less clumsier & a slightly quicker version of EJ Feihl? I think being that version would somewhat make Kirkness a bit serviceable to Gilas specially during the unavailability of big guys like Kai Sotto & AJ Edu.

I want a more realistic/feasible approach.
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• i'll take a less injury-prone Slaughter

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information