Future Big Men Of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
    I hope Shinshu can develop him into an effective big who can play 4 and 5. He looks like he can play both positions.

I also hope that his time in Japan would make him worthy of a Gilas stint.
    If he can be an improved version of Isaac Go, that’s more than enough achievement.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
      Well, he's at least taller and quicker. I'm not sure if he shoots better tho. But if he does polishes his shooting, add to that he develops the same timing on the defensive end as his dad, maybe good enough as a last big in the rotation at the asian level.

Anyway, so, he's signed as a local, his team can sign another pinoy baller
      they already have asian quota import

Jae Min Yang stats and bio. Stats averages season by season. Quick access to game by game stats.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        I don't think Yuta Watanabe & Hachimura should be counted as big men. When we speak of big men in modern day basketball, we are referring to centers & old school power forwards. Both Watanabe ,& Hachimura don't fall in that category.

I did some research on the B-league, mainly the composition of teams & I could notice the shortage of good quality centers & even "fours" or power forwards among the locals. Wala halos bigs who stand 6-foot-8 & above as well as "fours"/power forwards who stand 6-6/6-7.

I agree with ja.he, when it comes to local players standing 6-7 & above, PBA is better than the B-league.
        We know how to develop low-post oriented bigs, true. Better than Japan and SoKor, I'd say. Which is why we have Kai, Baltazar, and Tamayo as more than serviceable at the big positions right now. I hope that can increase, though.

I only hope (as I say repeatedly) that our 6'7"-6'8" bigs would be able to play the 4-spot, not just center, so as not to be a liability as a big in the international stage (unless you are RDO or Ping, or Japeth special).

Comment

• Travis Roberts got a passport, wonder what took so long?

Define a case of sayang, he was here multiple times before 16. Hopefully candidate for an exemption.

NEWS FLASH: FYBA’S TRAVIS ROBERTS TO JOIN BATANG GILAS NATIONAL YOUTH TEAM POOL (August 19, Metro Manila, Philippines)— Travis Roberts of the Filipino-American Youth Basketball Association of...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
            Travis Roberts got a passport, wonder what took so long?

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Define a case of sayang, he was here multiple times before 16. Hopefully candidate for an exemption.

https://www.facebook.com/fybaonline/...7760168654810/
            ouch.

and even more painful.

looks like jayden harper didnt make the cut also

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
              ouch.

and even more painful.

looks like jayden harper didnt make the cut also
              I've given up on Jayden Harper a few months ago. I knew malabo chance nya to acquire Phi passport prior to his 16th birthday. If only he applied Phi passport a few months earlier than he did, malaki sana chance nya.

Well, that's how it is. We really can't have them all. At least Caelum Harris seem to have make it in time. So we'll have to make do with what we have.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                Is it not the date one applied for the passport that matters? I think ive read something like that before
                I just wish that is how FIBA sees it, but I don't want to give myself false hope.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I just wish that is how FIBA sees it, but I don't want to give myself false hope.
                  I think its the date when the passport is processed not when you receive it in the mail.

Comment

• Man, if TNT wins this All-Filipino, their 3-big rotation might be noticed. Kelly (6'6"), Troy (6'7"), and Erram (6'8") could play both big positions (Erram played 4 when next to Kelly). None of them are post-players, but they bring something to the table. Kelly is a versatile defender, strong enough to guard the post, and agile enough to switch to the perimeter. Troy can is athletic and an energetic rebounder. Erram can protect the rim and defend both big positions. All of them can shoot the ball (Kelly only to an extent) and score close to the basket.

I hope most, if not all, 6'7"-6'8" bigs will have the ability to play both big positions, so they won't be much of a liability playing either spot. Having a post repertoire like Sangalang and Mo is a bonus.

Comment

• ^ ^ ^ ^
                      I'm really curious at how Sangalang would fare against the defense of Kelly Williams & Erram. I agree with you, K. Will exhibits versatility in the defense end. He can defend post-up players as well as perimeter players.

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^
                        I'm really curious at how Sangalang would fare against the defense of Kelly Williams & Erram. I agree with you, K. Will exhibits versatility in the defense end. He can defend post-up players as well as perimeter players.
                        Man, I hope we get a big like him. The closest we had was 6'5" Ping, who can switch to the perimeter to an extent, to at least contain. Hopefully we can get a 6'7"-6'8" version of Ping and Kelly. Doesn't matter if purely Filipino or has foreign heritage. Basta, he has the abilities of Kelly or Ping, and he's eligible.

Comment

Man, I hope we get a big like him. The closest we had was 6'5" Ping, who can switch to the perimeter to an extent, to at least contain. Hopefully we can get a 6'7"-6'8" version of Ping and Kelly. Doesn't matter if purely Filipino or has foreign heritage. Basta, he has the abilities of Kelly or Ping, and he's eligible.
                          A 6'7-6'9 Pingris is something I've been hoping for a long time.

A 6'5 Ping was already a monster in the boards. What more a 6'9 with the same ability?
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^
                            And to think that's post his prime and almost retired Kelly na. Prime Kelly was like a decade ago pa before JF came into the league..

I think it's Abueva who's gonna give them a bigger problem. Who are they gonna put on him? He's too strong and athletic for Pogoy and too quick for the bigger guys. They really should have kept one of Semerad or Trollano..

Comment

A 6'8 Version of kelly and ping are maybe a borderline nba player at worst. lmao

Comment

• Officially date stamp engagement with DFA on subject of processing passport. that's the key .. It all adds up to supporting one's case if passport is issued after date of birth. (not saying it's automatic that it will be accepted, but it definitely helps)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information