Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of the brazilian basketball (Recovered)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
    That's just awful. That's very, very disappointing about Nogueira. That's an awful attitude.
    In fact, maybe his dream is to play in NBA, I can see how a kid would focus on that, regardless of where he is selected in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by ¹²³ View Post
      In fact, maybe his dream is to play in NBA, I can see how a kid would focus on that, regardless of where he is selected in the draft.
      I wish he had waited just a few more years by playing another season or 2 in Europe to further develop his skills since I don't think he will be given a chance to play if he gets drafted in the NBA this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
        I wish he had waited just a few more years by playing another season or 2 in Europe to further develop his skills since I don't think he will be given a chance to play if he gets drafted in the NBA this year...
        Let's wait. He can still withdraw or be drafted and keep playing overseas for a couple of years. Nothing is set yet.

Comment

According with a very well informed brazilian basketball blogger, Lucas will withdraw from this year's draft.

Link

Comment

Lucas Nogueira averaged 10.8 PPG, 9.7 RPG and 3.3 BPG on the U19 tournament. Nogueira is second in shotblocks to Lithuania's Valanciunas.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Couldn't catch the tournament, but it seems he didn't play as expected. Anyway, this looks like a talented generation.

Comment

too bad they couldn't advance. They have some good players and should have done a bit better

Comment

Tell me more about this Augusto Lima. Is he a center or power forward? At this point, is he a finished product or still has upside?

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                    Tell me more about this Augusto Lima. Is he a center or power forward? At this point, is he a finished product or still has upside?
                    He's a PF. No, he's not a finished product yet. He still hasn't played this season because of injury.
                    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

I'm just wondering, how big/popular is basketball in Brazil?
                      THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
                        I'm just wondering, how big/popular is basketball in Brazil?
                        Third to football and volleyball afaik. But the popularity is increasing thanks to a stable national league unlike previous years full of turmoils.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                          He's a PF. No, he's not a finished product yet. He still hasn't played this season because of injury.
                          Thanks, I'll look up video / footage over the net to see for myself on how he plays.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Augusto Lima is an very athletic PF, great vertical jump and wingspan... have good hook and a regular mid-range shot.

only 19 years old...

and what about Raulzinho? he's playing pretty well in ACB

Comment

BRA - Cristiano a star on the rise

RIO DE JANEIRO (2016 Olympics) - Everyone right now is wondering which players Brazil coach Ruben Magnano will take to London for the Olympics.

This summer is likely to come too early for Minas Tenis Clube's Cristiano Felicio, but don't bet against him being in the team when the country hosts the Olympic Games in 2016.

Minas coach Raul Togni is playing the 19-year-old more than 19 minutes per game in Brazil's top flight - an increase of 11 from last season - and his scoring has jumped from 2.1 to 9.6 per game.

Cristiano's rebounding is also up from 2.2 to 4.0.

"He has evolved a lot, not only from this last season, but over the last few years," Togni said.

"Now he has the opportunity to get more and contribute more.

"He has trained very hard and is a boy who really listens to what we say.

"He's a player who has room to evolve even more."

The 2.06m Cristiano has already worn the Brazilian shirt.

He represented the country at last year's FIBA U19 World Championship in Riga.

Felicio averaged 9.5 points and 7.1 rebounds as Brazil finished ninth.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

People are starting to talk about the point guard Scott Machado.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information