what is your holiday destination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your holiday destination?

I am a student of tourism managment, so I am very curiuos about your holiday destination. Not only your, but all your countrys.

As for Lithuania, the most popular holiday destinations are:
    Turkey (good climate, very cheap (you can get a ticket for 7 days, 3 stars hotel with breakfast, and some excursions for less then 200 euros)).
    Egypt (pyramids, diving, also quite cheap).
    Palanga (resort in Lithuania, in sea side, we call it summer capital. Last weekend we had 4 free days and the weather was just fantastic, so almost all country was going to seaside and according to news paper, more then milion spent the weakend in seaside, from photos it looked quite funny, like anthill )
    Croatia (nice seaside, quite cheap, very popular to go with your own car)

As for me myself, the best holiday destination is Portugal, Algarve region. It is quite expensive, but beaches are gorgeuos, and nightlife is exciting.
    One day the tides will turn
    One day the fields will burn
    One day the seas will churn
    The fury of our maker’s hand

I have been to most of Europe and it is hard for me to choose the ideal holiday destination amongst the places I've been. Anywhere with not too many British tourists would be fine for me. Therefore, the Algarve, the south of Spain, Ibiza, Faliraki, Aya Napa etc are out of the question.

Eastern Europe is the place to be in the summer I think. Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Prague (it gets too crowded lately though), Budapest, Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn etc.

My 2 whole days of vacations this year were spent in Vilnius. It was great stuff, I would go there again easily. Last year, it was the Orkney's (not your typical summer holiday, I know) where I met possibly the friendliest people on the face of the earth. Then I went through a trans-euopean trip visiting 10 countries all of which had good and bad qualities. The year before that it was Madrid. Boiling hot of course, lots of trees but what you really need there in the summer is some body of water to cool off your sizzling skin.

I would like to go to some greek island someday, they are quite different from one another, it would be good fun to explore them.
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Nice~It Look like the country area small has the advantage very much, you from your country to other country to vacation extremely convenient, is just like is same in China from a city to other city, moreover spends quite are also few.
      I am also a student ,In china,most people often to Famous traveling place to vacation...Of corrose,in china...

I,often play basketball with my friends everyday(there are many playground in my living city) on holiday,And to fish with my friends Some times......fishing is my One of biggest hobbies,I start to study fish from 6 years old~
      Last edited by CHINA TEAM; 07-16-2006, 11:24 AM.
      Go~Air YI,Aaia is not enough space for you!~
      ]

Comment

I won't have holidays this year. Well, actually I'll have 10 days in October but I'll spend all of those in Athens and one can't really call that holidays

Been to a lot of places in Europe before as well but the perfect place for me for vacations is Lesvos/Mytilini in Greece. Gotta say though that at the place where I'm staying usually on that island there's like no nightlife at all - my life here is hectic enough and there's also enough nightlife in Frankfurt I prefer spending my holidays at a quiet place with a nice beach and great fish taverns where you can get fresh fish along with your Ouzo in the evening

Comment

Originally posted by adebisi
          I am a student of tourism managment, so I am very curiuos about your holiday destination. Not only your, but all your countrys.

As for Lithuania, the most popular holiday destinations are:
          Turkey (good climate, very cheap (you can get a ticket for 7 days, 3 stars hotel with breakfast, and some excursions for less then 200 euros)).
          Egypt (pyramids, diving, also quite cheap).
          Palanga (resort in Lithuania, in sea side, we call it summer capital. Last weekend we had 4 free days and the weather was just fantastic, so almost all country was going to seaside and according to news paper, more then milion spent the weakend in seaside, from photos it looked quite funny, like anthill )
          Croatia (nice seaside, quite cheap, very popular to go with your own car)

As for me myself, the best holiday destination is Portugal, Algarve region. It is quite expensive, but beaches are gorgeuos, and nightlife is exciting.
          I usually go to the Algarve too, for a week or so, I'm not a such a great seaside fan. Yeah, the beaches are beautiful and the nightlife is exciting, but the Algarve is getting more and more spoiled with construccions and mass tourism. A pity
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
            I usually go to the Algarve too, for a week or so, I'm not a such a great seaside fan. Yeah, the beaches are beautiful and the nightlife is exciting, but the Algarve is getting more and more spoiled with construccions and mass tourism. A pity
            Talking about mass tourism, nowadays it's almost imposible to find nice places in Europe which were not touched by the mass tourism hand. Maybe only Black sea region in Ukraine is still unchanged... Pitty for sure...

Comment

I guess I'll go to Croatia for a day or two... island Krk probably.

Comment

this summer i don't have holidays only sundays are free and believe me it sucks and you don't want to do a damn thing on sundays after hard week's job. oh i will go to watch red sox this tuesday and that's the only bright thing i can find.
                and when i have holidays i like to go to lithuanian lakes with my friends where you take a lot of beer and vodka and drink till you are conscious.
                Last edited by Basketball GOD; 07-17-2006, 12:38 AM.

Comment

This is a timely topic for me. In about a week I'm off to Europe to see relatives. I'll be in Hungary mostly, but if I can get a car I might go down to Croatian coast. Everyone who's ever been there said only good things about it. Oh yeah I'll see Frankfurt too...I have uncle there. I heard Baltic is dangerous, carjacking and muggings. Is that true? Lithuanians? But I heard Estonia is favourite place for.....lady fun and the like!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis 11 (aka Sabas 11)
                    I heard Baltic is dangerous, carjacking and muggings. Is that true? Lithuanians?
                    I wouldn't say it is "dangerous", ofcourse there is always possability to be mugged or whatever, but i wouldn't called it is "dangerous". In Lithuania you can get good quality in cheap prices. Best beer in the world, beautiful girls, thousand of lakes, atractive capital's oldtown (one of the biggest in east Europe), friendly citizens (not all ofcourse ) and deep basketball traditions. Actualy tourists starting to like Lithuania and you can see it in the statistics.
                    Last edited by adebisi; 07-17-2006, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adebisi
                      I wouldn't say it is "dangerous", ofcourse there is always possability to be mugged or whatever, but i wouldn't called it is "dangerouse". In Lithuania you can get good quality in cheap prices. Best beer in the world, beautiful girls, thousand of lakes, atractive capital's oldtown (one of the biggest in east Europe), friendly citizens (not all ofcourse ) and deep basketball traditions. Actualy tourists starting to like Lithuania and you can see it in the statistics.
                      Hmmm...I definitely want to see Lithuania one day. I saw some ladies on Internet, they seem nice but they also try very hard man! They wear stuff that is way over the top! Image seems to be too much at focus.

Comment

Two weeks in Spain this summer. Can't wait...

Originally posted by Nemesis 11 (aka Sabas 11)
                        Hmmm...I definitely want to see Lithuania one day. I saw some ladies on Internet, they seem nice but they also try very hard man! They wear stuff that is way over the top! Image seems to be too much at focus.
                        Same here as my wife was born there. Definitely a future target.
                        I can also highly recommend of Georgia - Great views & atmosphere, not spoiled by massive tourism yet, but can well be the next Croatia.
                        D.

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

Comment

Next week i fly to Paris

Comment

Not sure where the holiday destinations for the US is, I would assume domestically the most popular vacation spots are New York City, California (San Francisco, LA, San Diego), Florida and Hawaii.

Personally, I won't be able to go anywhere international this year (damn it), well maybe Vancouver, but next year planning on hitting Brazil and Argentina. And then in 2008, I hope to be in Beijing for the olympics and maybe Eastern Europe for a couple weeks.

But again, nothing international this year. *sigh*

Stuart
                            Last edited by stuart; 07-28-2006, 11:22 PM.
                            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                              I guess I'll go to Croatia for a day or two... island Krk probably.
                              I've been there last week... choosed it in front of Pag island and made a mistake. Krk is tottally occupied by folks from Rijeka, while Pag is tottally occupied by Ljubljana... well I won't have any free days anymore, so I guess going to seaside might only be an option for a weekend or so...
                              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information