X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mktackabery
    This is nice to see:

Originally posted by Bogdan Tanjevic
    "They had great technique, great effort, and defensively they were much better than the World Championship team of two years ago, and they are definitely in better shape than they were two years ago, and they use a team system -- not a star system,"
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

what to make of this result? Hard to say. This is a new Turkish team with a lot of talent, but they are not preparing for a major tournament. We also don't know what their true potential is. I think this team has to grow. Tanjevic is building this team for the WC in 2010. So they are nowhere their true potential. On the other hand the US did not play at full strength, but neither did Turkey.

I think we' ll have to wait for tommorow to get a glimpse of USA's true strength.

If I had to make a bold prediction. I'd say that this USA team CAN loose a game in the knock-out fase against one of the other bigs. But USA is definately the strongest.
      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

I missed the game, so I can't make many comments. I'll just say that I think Turkey, even missing it's "best" players, has a very good squad, so it's impressive that the US got a big win.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
          This is nice to see:
          What the Turkish coach Bogdan Tanjevic said about the US game style should be taken seriously. He is a "fox" and can see things that most of us don't. It did add some points in my notebook for US team.
          sigpic
          GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

although I did not see it yet, i kept in touch with the play by plays.

what is starting to worry my pessimistic mind is d wade being out there on the court. but the msot important thing is that teamusa is having the same repitive problem of not locking down early from the game!!!

i dont know if they are doing this to test the waters and/or toy with their opponents but it really scares me once they play good teams. i particularly hate uphill battles in the beginning and they better cut it out soon or it's going to burn them
            "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
              although I did not see it yet, i kept in touch with the play by plays.

what is starting to worry my pessimistic mind is d wade being out there on the court.
              Hmm? Seriously you should watch the replay. D. Wade looked good out there. Including one play where you'd have thought he was never injured.
              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

why do the US team have brought their own dancers?
                Someone under 5 feet can be a great coach, don’t get me wrong, but to be a big man coach and have never played in the post or even played high level ball? C’mon now.

- Jamal Sampson

Comment

ive seen the highlights already as well as from canada, d wade is well attacking(which is good) but he doesnt pass the ball) its still too much ill attack the basket although people are collapsing on me type of mentality...i dont know if this is what the coaches want him to do but it worries me though.

Originally posted by Dtown
                  Hmm? Seriously you should watch the replay. D. Wade looked good out there. Including one play where you'd have thought he was never injured.
                  "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Good win by Team USA. Expect another training run against Lithuania tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by demonyito
                      why do the US team have brought their own dancers?
                      I didn't know the US team had dancers.
                      "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Has anybody looked at the boxscore published in NBA.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Manatax
                          LOL!!!!!!

And we are bitching about the Euroleague site!

Nice team by Turkey!

It is clear that Papaloukas will not help Olympiakos in the winter if he keeps playing like this...

Comment

Turkey: Papaloukas, Ponkrashov, Fridzon, Pozzecco...

Comment

Four years later and we finally shut down Pozzecco...
                              Originally posted by Fedfan
                              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                              Originally posted by GuTO
                              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

just the type of ignorance why people hate them..
                                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information