Pre-Olympic Game: Turkey v USA 84-114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Olympic Game: Turkey v USA 84-114

I didn't get to watch much of this game yet - caught the beginning and then my husband called me to inform me about the end. Atsur did not play! (outraged ) - I understand Tunceri only went 1 for 3, put up only 2 assists, 2 rebounds and 4 points. This is the starter that replaced Engin in the lineup?

All in all I am disappointed in Turkey's finish - they started out so strong, but it appears from the play-by-play that poor decisions were made with the bench. Looking for everyone's thoughts as I get few opportunities to see your team as you know.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

dont complain you at least got to watch it, i was stuck working my usual 10/12 hr daily shift...

i hope its a free leech somewhere so i can dl it
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
      I didn't get to watch much of this game yet - caught the beginning and then my husband called me to inform me about the end. Atsur did not play! (outraged ) - I understand Tunceri only went 1 for 3, put up only 2 assists, 2 rebounds and 4 points. This is the starter that replaced Engin in the lineup?

All in all I am disappointed in Turkey's finish - they started out so strong, but it appears from the play-by-play that poor decisions were made with the bench. Looking for everyone's thoughts as I get few opportunities to see your team as you know.
      I can't believe that Turkey put up a weaker or inexperienced team to play the US. Where were Okur, Turkoglo, Kurtoglu & Peker? This team would'nt even be able to make it to Euro top 16! If a 30 point win is all the US can muster, then I think Spain's going to kick their ass! Cna't wait for Ricky Rubio to show Kobe a baksetball a basketball lesson!
      However, I'm always surprised how teams just give up playing defence when falling behind to the US.

Comment

Game was really similar to the Canada game in that the US had a bad first quarter then put on the clamps defensively, only giving up 6 points in the 2nd.
        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Size is still an issue for US
          US had some trouble defending Turkey's pick a roll
          Early in that game too much one on one from the Americans

Comment

Originally posted by hotjam_2
            I can't believe that Turkey put up a weaker or inexperienced team to play the US. Where were Okur, Turkoglo, Kurtoglu & Peker? This team would'nt even be able to make it to Euro top 16!
            Ok, it really wasn' t a good squad, but they could make it to the Euro top 16 However, It should be a much tougher game tomorrow, but with all those problems with the injuries of Songaila and Kleiza and the fact that Šiškauskas is not fully prepared for the game yet it will be hard for Lithuania. But I believe it is gonna be a good game

Comment

What is it about the US pushing forward after the first half? Are they in better condition than their opponents?
              "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by Gargo
                Ok, it really wasn' t a good squad, but they could make it to the Euro top 16 However, It should be a much tougher game tomorrow, but with all those problems with the injuries of Songaila and Kleiza and the fact that Šiškauskas is not fully prepared for the game yet it will be hard for Lithuania. But I believe it is gonna be a good game
                Lithuania even though clearly not at its best yet, will put a fight tomorrow.
                sigpic
                GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gargo
                  I hope we do not win it considering the problems we have (Songaila is out for sure, American doctors think he should be resting for 2-3 weaks and they are The Gods of Medicine..) some hysteric hype by foreign press would do no good, imho.

and yeah, Turks were without their best players, but the ones they had are not crap either... however, that didn't stop nba.com from puting a picture of a smiling Turkoglu talking with Howard by the live game report on their home page - "Look we're beating the crap out of Turkoglu after two quarters and he's lovin' it!". not.

all in all, I think we all understand US has not used all of their huge potential in this game. on the other hand, I hope during the Olympics they will do the same
                  Last edited by kestas; 07-31-2008, 03:45 PM.
                  stop russia

Comment

a twice better turkish squad got trashed 49-79 by germany last year..

have a nice sink also this year, USA!
                    "Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling."

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81
                      What is it about the US pushing forward after the first half? Are they in better condition than their opponents?
                      I think hotjam_2 made a good point, both Canada and Turkey kind of gave up on playing defense after the middle of the third quarter. It was the same at the Americas tournament last year, once the US got ahead by 15-20 points the other team stopped giving much effort.
                      Originally posted by Fedfan
                      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                      Originally posted by GuTO
                      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

The USA shows today against Turkey,that their pressure defence is good as well they did with Canada. Today, their run up and down a lot and they score easy baskets. Still, Turkey, did play better tha Canada but as Canada they are not going to the Olympics. Turkey, had some tall good tallent players but their guards were awful today in turnovers. Nothing impressed me of this USA team and tomorrow against Luthuania is going to be their really first test. Lithuania is a good team but they are going to missed Majciuskas and Songaila and that is very sad because with both of them Lithuania should be a serious contender for medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless
                          a twice better turkish squad got trashed 49-79 by germany last year..

have a nice sink also this year, USA!
                          they were twice better only on paper..
                          this team is similar to the one from the Japan and IMO a better choice then the one from last year..
                          Okur, Erdogan, Kutluay, Turkcan are better when they are not playing for NT..
                          this team is loaded with talent and with the addition of Turkoglu it should be quite competitive in Europe..
                          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
                            they were twice better only on paper..
                            this team is similar to the one from the Japan and IMO a better choice then the one from last year..
                            Okur, Erdogan, Kutluay, Turkcan are better when they are not playing for NT..
                            this team is loaded with talent and with the addition of Turkoglu it should be quite competitive in Europe..
                            the player I was mainly referring to was Hedo infact, he's a great player and makes also his teammates better, i agree regarding turkcan and the old kutluay but erdogan and okur have been very consistent players for turkey IMHO
                            "Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling."

Comment

I am so depressed. ESPN just posted an article about LeBron James "figuring out the European style of playing basketball" by POSTERIZING ENGIN and it's looped in the highlights. Engin plays three minutes, and his three minutes are what are going to be showed on ESPN for the next day.

Life is not fair.

Links:
                              LeBron shines against Turkey, morphs into FIBA player

U.S. men overcome sloppy start, beat Turkey (contains loathsome video of Engin being posterized)
                              Michelle Tackabery
                              Tackabery Chronicle
                              Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information