who's your pick to win FIBA asia 2009??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by donmar View Post
    hehehe lol! I'll probably feel guilty and do the same thing if I was him...
    anyway man gd luck for philipines tomorrow....i was wondering where we can find timing of games???
    History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

• Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
      anyway man gd luck for philipines tomorrow....i was wondering where we can find timing of games???
      thanks... I can't watch games... I'm outside the Philippines and the only way for me to watch are through live stream videos... but they're too slow or not working at all.. so I rely here for our fellow forumers to post and update the scores of each games...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
        just for the info khatib cancelled his 4 million dollar contract in europe just to play with riyadi 2 years ago...so if he preferred money he could have stayed there
        It is okay it is a sign of a great palyers all great players have also sets of haters
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by eliooo93 View Post
          Fadi may be a great player but he always acts like a child. he made problems in several teams, he asks for money to play in the NT but I admit that Fadi is currently the best lebanese player.
          Bullshit, the federation caused all those problems not fadi.

And its his natural right to get a financial compensation for all the time he spends with the NT.

anyways no one is perfect and everyone might make mistakes...

Comment

• And its his natural right to get a financial compensation for all the time he spends with the NT.
            can't agree....
            except the naturalized ones, I don't know anyone who plays for his national team asking for money...

Anyway,fadi khatib is a great player,no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
              can't agree....
              except the naturalized ones, I don't know anyone who plays for his national team asking for money...

if ur getting 15 million $ a year and as much from advertisment, u wouldn't care

but if ur just like fadi and the others, am not saying they need the money badly.

but don't u deserve money compensation for around 2 months training and playing and being away from ur friends and family.

this playing for free idea is way out of this world and too much disney world fit than real world

Comment

• Originally posted by Charbel Sakr View Post
                if ur getting 15 million $ a year and as much from advertisment, u wouldn't care

but if ur just like fadi and the others, am not saying they need the money badly.

but don't u deserve money compensation for around 2 months training and playing and being away from ur friends and family.

this playing for free idea is way out of this world and too much disney world fit than real world
                can't understand your idea,totally.
                Playing for your national team is an honor,that's much more important than money.
                for example,indeed,those players playing for CNT have some money(or salary) given by association, but that's much less comparing to the money given by the clubs.But no one even complains about it...I'am sure except Yao, Yi and Wang,those players are poorer than fadi who can earn two hundred million dollars a year......

I'am really surprised that you think asking money for playing in the national team is normal.....

Comment

Playing for your national team is an honor,that's much more important than money.
                  for example,indeed,those players playing for CNT have some money(or salary) given by association, but that's much less comparing to the money given by the clubs.But no one even complains about it...I'am sure except Yao, Yi and Wang,those players are poorer than fadi who can earn two hundred million dollars a year......

I'am really surprised that you think asking money for playing in the national team is normal.....
                  it actually depends on what country you came from... china with communist background have great sense of nationalism and many players dont ask money to play for NT....

Comment

• Originally posted by jesronne View Post
                    it actually depends on what country you came from... china with communist background have great sense of nationalism and many players dont ask money to play for NT....
                    Nobody should ask for money before playing with the NT. as blackoeisle just said, playing for your country is an honor. asking for money is not normal. that's what i don't like about fadi el khatib. other then that, he is a great player and i respect him.

Comment

• Hello guys. i'm new here. In response to this thread's topic, i pick the Philippine Powerade National Team to win the Fiba Asia 2009 by the narrowest of margins provided that the following circumstances happen:

1. We get two naturalized pf/c's standing above 6'10 (the other will serve as a reserve)

2. Japeth Aguilar and Chris Lutz (from the SBP NT) join the PBA training pool immediately. Absent Kelly Williams, this team needs another explosive scorer and hopefully, this Lutz guy can provide that.

3. The PBA NT be excused IMMEDIATELY from hometeam duty to prepare for the FIBA Asia

4. We serendipitously find a 6'8 fil-am sf/pf to boost our inside game

5. The government gives this team its full support, and

6. Coach Toroman handles the boys. (He can handle both the PBA and Smart-Gilas simultaneously coz he has got enough bball smarts for that)

Obviously, this will never happen for now. But again, i choose the Philippine team because i believe in upsets.

Comment

fadi can make 200 million $ a year? what? dude are you serious even?

and ur saying that the players (who play for China's NT) get some money by the federation which is much less that what they get from the clubs?
                        this is exactly what happens here with fadi and the others

Comment

can't agree....

got to agree with this one, The PBA backed NT players never gets their allowances or financial compensation from the government still the company that sponsors their mother team still provides them with salary even if they are not active within the roster while being on loaned with the NT.
                          you know why I am happy

Comment

Whooa....a player outside the NBA who earns $200,000,000.00/year..that is way way way greater than the prime Shaquille O'neal's annual salary(if my memory serves me right it was approximately 21 million $/year, dunno if he still gets this kind of amount now)..I think nobody in the NBA could afford this guy's service if he really is receiving this enormous amount..
                            “I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.”

--Kobe Bryant--

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobe_MVP_09 View Post
                              Whooa....a player outside the NBA who earns $200,000,000.00/year..that is way way way greater than the prime Shaquille O'neal's annual salary(if my memory serves me right it was approximately 21 million $/year, dunno if he still gets this kind of amount now)..I think nobody in the NBA could afford this guy's service if he really is receiving this enormous amount..
                              I mean 2 millon dollars......

Comment

• 2 million dollars now i know we cannot get him as an import in pba
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information