who's your pick to win FIBA asia 2009??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khalid80
    I never said that I don't agree with u concerning the BOLD icons.
    As for team Philippines when u said that u "go for team philippines" I thought u meant Phillippines will be the favorites in FIBA Asia 2009 in reply to ur question "who do you think will have the upper hand in the FIBA asia 2009??"

Hope u didn't get offended.
    it's okay just a little misunderstanding.
    ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
    ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

Comment

Originally posted by KamoteQ
      Yao, Wang, Yi and Sue should be banned to atleast balance the competition
      Why???
      Do you mean the chinese player who play in or going to play in NBA play asia game is not fair?? ?

Comment

Originally posted by its_eman8211
        i would say that the phil will win it... hoping so much
        I'll say if your PBA still do not pay attention in asia games your RP NT will never win it.

Comment

we will discredit the PBA as long as sonny barrios is at the helm. sbp will look for other ways and means to form a competitive team.
          "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by joesmoove059
            guys ! who do you think will have the upper hand in the FIBa asia 2009?? as much as possible, please answer regardless of your country.

I go for team Philippines of course! but honestly I think that Iran will be the threat, for they have had a lot of experience preparing for the Beijing Games! but never count out China, whose always been the favorite to win Asian championships! But I think this will be their biggest challenge because asian countries have improved a lot, some of which are Iran, Jordan, Philippines, Lebanon, Japan, Korea,Qatar. etc..
            Well, its too early to tell or make a prediction. It depends at the lineup of our philippine nat'l team and our asian neighbors who will get the upperhand or become the favorites in FIBA Asia 2009. Naturally, i will root for the phils of course . If china decided to send a complete and strong national squad (with yao ming & yi jilian at the helm), then its a favorite to emerge as the victor again....

Comment

Philippines is too underrated.. pound for pound, we are the best country in asia.! all we need is Height, Height and more Height!
              Here we are again mate Becoming boisterous again..pound for pound we are asia's best in basketball huh! Lets just say we are among best in asia pound for pound for fair and equality, hehehehhe.

Comment

Originally posted by FEIFEI
                I'll say if your PBA still do not pay attention in asia games your RP NT will never win it.
                I agree with you... PBA is too much commercialized and only thinking about making money... its the very reason why the league was form in the first place... In my opinion, in 1970s, the league was form professionally so that the now-defunct BAP cannot summon the best players in their teams when international basketball season starts... so the BAP was forced to send collegiates because the best players were professionals and pro-players are not allowed to play in FIBA-sanctioned tournaments...

Since then BAP becomes a fuckin' useless organization... got a little boost in the 80's... thanks to Cojuangco and his NCC program... but after that... nothing interesting except dominating SEA Games and SEABA... the origin of the league is pretty much the origin of the country's demise in International Basketball...

Since the league started the country only qualified twice in the World Champs and failed to for the Olympics... one in 1978... only because we host the tournament... the other one in 1986... thanks to the NCC... though the 1986 RP Team did not participate due to political crisis...

sigpic

Comment

Philippines is too underrated.. pound for pound, we are the best country in asia.! all we need is Height, Height and more Height!
                  pounds we have ,height? we're getting there
                  "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I'm keeping my faith in my homeland..because home is where my heart is no matter how bad shape our country is..it's the only one I got.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Pls close and padlock this thread, hehehehe . Still too early for philippine polls errr, guessing game. Lets wait for 2009 and the asian teams' final lineup before choosing our pick.

Comment

Still, TOO EARLY TO TELL. UNLESS:

1.) Iran lost all its player in a big accident.
                        2.) China will not send its team with Yao, Yi, and all its team A.
                        3.) Korea will send its legends team.
                        4.) Qatar wont keep on naturalizing.
                        5.) Jordan back down because of a drug incident involving all its players.
                        6.) A heavy earthquake will happen to Japan, and wont be able to send its players.
                        7.) Lebanon will not have "the tiger" Fadi on its lineup.

... I think Indonesia will have a BIG CHANCE to win. but sad to say, those consequences will not happen.
                        I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Comment

FLAME BAIT THREAD Again by joesmoove059
                          you know why I am happy

Comment

i wanna say Lebanon but i think China will win it all once again

Comment

Originally posted by Charbel Sakr
                              i wanna say Lebanon but i think China will win it all once again
                              Sadly but true, they might win it again.....

It was an embarassment for them to end up 10th place in the last 2007 FIBA-Asia in Japan. Expect them to be in full force next time around. And it doesn't look good for the other participating countries comes game time.

Comment

We Never Know. the ball is round. its the luck of the draw. It just happen that the RP team last 07 FIBA asiad was group in group of death. Hopefully they'll not group on group of death next year. Some of the players that will represent next year has already experience on playing FIBA asiad Basketball. they already know how FIBA asiad is played and PBA now is using some FIBA rules to make some players tough on playing defense and get use on diffrent FIBA rules.
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information