No announcement yet.

who's your pick to win FIBA asia 2009??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, China might win it again this time, or maybe Iran who knows?
    but Philippines will be out there fighting and we will be doing our best to try and win that crown away from you. ..

I know you love your country, but reality is reality.
    I am sorry to say There is no even 1% possible for RP to win the championship.
    why would we join the tournament if we only have less than 1% chance of winning the championship in the first place, right?
    but anyway it's your opinion and I respect that, let's just see what will happen in 2009.
    ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
    ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

Comment

Originally posted by chipped_armor
      I know you love your country, but reality is reality.
      I am sorry to say There is no even 1% possible for RP to win the championship.
      China should be the leading candidate for the championship, so is Iran and Lebanon..darkhorses will be Japan, Jordan, Korea and Philippines..2009 is still along way to go..if china presents a complete line up then they should win the championship..but if China's Yao Ming is not available, then china would be saying.."China we have a problem"..

Comment

Originally posted by macan77
        China should be the leading candidate for the championship, so is Iran and Lebanon..darkhorses will be Japan, Jordan, Korea and Philippines..2009 is still along way to go..if china presents a complete line up then they should win the championship..but if China's Yao Ming is not available, then china would be saying.."China we have a problem"..
        Can not agree with u, believe or not China has much more good big men.
        With Yao they play inside-out, typical basketball, without Yao, they play different style, very quick and aggressive. Remember last Asia Game? China beated all other teams very easily without Yao. Dont look down other Chinese NT players. They are also monsters in Asia

Comment

Originally posted by chipped_armor
          Can not agree with u, believe or not China has much more good big men.
          With Yao they play inside-out, typical basketball, without Yao, they play different style, very quick and aggressive. Remember last Asia Game? China beated all other teams very easily without Yao. Dont look down other Chinese NT players. They are also monsters in Asia
          thats 2 years ago man if that time comes, Iran's going to get more tougher with their main man joining the NBA and a few years back a Chinese coach mentioned that China shouldn't be competing in the Asian level but must be on a world wide scale, well what happened after that they lost against the Korean NT in Busan Asian Games with Yao Ming in their fold.
          you know why I am happy

Comment

1. China
            Way ahead of every other team in Asia. With or without Yao they are still favorites to win any tourney in Asia.

2. Iran
            Experience gained in the Olympics will only make this team better. The hindrance to their supremacy is China. Their fast progress as a basketball power house in Asia gave way for Ehdadi to make the NBA. How fast will they be able to catch up with China remains to be seen.

3. Korea or Jordan
            The Koreans participation in the Olympic Qualifiers have helped them improved their team. Losing to Canada was due to inexperience, expect this team to bounce back and challenge the best of Asia.
            Jordan on the other hand is a joy to watch. I think they are the closest to a European team in terms of team play. This is a very defensive oriented team but with the inclusion of Shmala adds more firepower to their offense. Imagine Wright and Shmala playing together gives them a shooter and slasher combo, and the solid big men that they have makes this team complete.

4. Kazakhstan
            Young, improving, the team is intact, and a lot of potential. I'm just waiting for this team to mature and maybe improve their team defense. I expect them to challenge Iran for the number 2 spot in Asia but when will that happen?

5. Lebanon or Philippines
            The great Khatib. If he plays they are one of the best in Asia, but if he doesn't then someone has to take his place.
            Philippines depends on the preparation. The longer the better, but doesn't guarantee us of a top 3 finish.

Comment

Chinese team is better without Yao Ming. Yao is way too error prone. In the game against Spain he lose the ball in the last few second that would have sealed a victory plus he botch to many easy shot. When he was not in the game
              China went up by big margin but lose the lead when he came back.

To those who say that China needs Yao to win championship, better think again.

Comment

Anyone who think Yao Ming shouldn't be in Chinese team when there is Ehdadi and Jaber for IRAN is not thinking clearly. PEACE. Just my opinion
                IRAN - THE BEST BASKETBALL NATION IN ASIA

Congratulations Jia You Iran

Comment

Plus China cannot play its normal game becos they have to find a way of giving the ball to Yao, this in turn hinders the game of the other player. China commited 20 + error and half of them can be attributed to yao directly or indirectly.

Comment

Well, there were some good pointers batgirl mentioned about Yao being error prone probably in the last olympic games in Beijing maybe due to his long inactivity in competitive basketball coming out from surgery. China might be trying to distance itself with the life after Yao when he applies for US citizenship which is not a remote possibility.

But they did perform well without Yao on the floor and that's something other countries need to worry about. Whether we like it or not China is beyond asia in terms of basketball and had achieved world class status.

Comment

Originally posted by regierr
                      1. China
                      Way ahead of every other team in Asia. With or without Yao they are still favorites to win any tourney in Asia.

2. Iran
                      Experience gained in the Olympics will only make this team better. The hindrance to their supremacy is China. Their fast progress as a basketball power house in Asia gave way for Ehdadi to make the NBA. How fast will they be able to catch up with China remains to be seen.

3. Korea or Jordan
                      The Koreans participation in the Olympic Qualifiers have helped them improved their team. Losing to Canada was due to inexperience, expect this team to bounce back and challenge the best of Asia.
                      Jordan on the other hand is a joy to watch. I think they are the closest to a European team in terms of team play. This is a very defensive oriented team but with the inclusion of Shmala adds more firepower to their offense. Imagine Wright and Shmala playing together gives them a shooter and slasher combo, and the solid big men that they have makes this team complete.

4. Kazakhstan
                      Young, improving, the team is intact, and a lot of potential. I'm just waiting for this team to mature and maybe improve their team defense. I expect them to challenge Iran for the number 2 spot in Asia but when will that happen?

5. Lebanon or Philippines
                      The great Khatib. If he plays they are one of the best in Asia, but if he doesn't then someone has to take his place.
                      Philippines depends on the preparation. The longer the better, but doesn't guarantee us of a top 3 finish.
                      Nice list you have there kapatid, I am expecting something similar, knowing how good the Chinese team is, the only problem with them from going to the top of the world standings is their guard vulnerability, but Sun might turn out to be a poor man's Magic Johnson and all that could change, expect them to be numero uno unless the team at number two has its best players (Samad, Arsalan and Hadadi) improve dramatically. Iran is an interesting team, Samad is playing in France I believe, though i still say Aidin was the best player, Hadadi is in the NBA and Arsalan who would join the team by them would garner experience he had received from NCAA improve their chances, expect either 1-3 on their end. Khatid is amazing, the only asian player MJ knew in a first name basis plus Michael respected him, if he plays, Lebanon are a different team, he brings them to another level, Korea has HA so they might finish in the top 4 because of him and may in fact gain a top 3 if he improves dramatically. Kazakhstan has a great basketball program, they inherited it from the Russians and now the Philippines, this country is basketball crazy, and I mean crazy, they could name the dream team of the US by memory, remember the last shot of Jordan as if it happened only seconds ago and tell it as an epic of Ulysses, but the problem with their team is fundamentals, and I dont mean this as an insult, the team dribbles too much, everyone thinks he is Allen Iverson. We dont play within our strengths and those are speed and agility, a pity really, the Philippines has too much talent to go to waste. the Angolan team had an average height of 6'6, they played amazingly I must say, and played with their strengths, we could learn a lot from them, plus I believe the Philippines still has a local coach coaching right?

Comment

Lebanon will be in difference style this coming year !
                        A new coach will be picked in few days,as for getting back some lebanese abroads especially the tallest btw them.One of them is the Ex NBA player Matt freige (208-F-82) who is gonna join us hopefully ! as for the twins tabet (206-F/C-87) both are playing with south alabama (NCAA D1).
                        I would choose China,iran and lebanon to make it !
                        Proud to be Lebanese
                        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Dong_Pa
                          Anyone who think Yao Ming shouldn't be in Chinese team when there is Ehdadi and Jaber for IRAN is not thinking clearly. PEACE. Just my opinion
                          Do you think china is thinking clearly when they win the asia game in 2006 in Doha Without Yao Ming ,Du Feng and Li Nan????
                          Yes Iran growing better now,But so do we!

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                            Lebanon will be in difference style this coming year !
                            A new coach will be picked in few days,as for getting back some lebanese abroads especially the tallest btw them.One of them is the Ex NBA player Matt freige (208-F-82) who is gonna join us hopefully ! as for the twins tabet (206-F/C-87) both are playing with south alabama (NCAA D1).
                            I would choose China,iran and lebanon to make it !
                            Good news for lebanon!
                            Matt freige (208-F-82) a Ex NBA player ??
                            Which team in NBA???

Comment

Originally posted by FEIFEI
                              Good news for lebanon!
                              Matt freige (208-F-82) a Ex NBA player ??
                              Which team in NBA???
                              Matt Freije, He played for New Orleans and Atlanta for 2 seasons but was no more than a scrub. Shouldn't be too much a threat and i don't think he has made any commitment to play for Lebanon.

Comment

Originally posted by Prizmatic
                                Matt Freije, He played for New Orleans and Atlanta for 2 seasons but was no more than a scrub. Shouldn't be too much a threat and i don't think he has made any commitment to play for Lebanon.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/matt_f...eer_stats.html
                                if he made it to the nba then he must be a good player...if hamed haddadi don't perform well in the nba that doesn't mean he isn't a very good player

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information