No announcement yet.

who's your pick to win FIBA asia 2009??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's your pick to win FIBA asia 2009??

guys ! who do you think will have the upper hand in the FIBa asia 2009?? as much as possible, please answer regardless of your country.

I go for team Philippines of course! but honestly I think that Iran will be the threat, for they have had a lot of experience preparing for the Beijing Games! but never count out China, whose always been the favorite to win Asian championships! But I think this will be their biggest challenge because asian countries have improved a lot, some of which are Iran, Jordan, Philippines, Lebanon, Japan, Korea,Qatar. etc..
    ..Impossible is nothing, Just Do It!..
    ..you're bringing the name in front of your jersey, not the one at the back..

China.
    aim low, score high

Comment

China will win it all.

Iran can give them a run for their money, but ultimately China's bench will prove to be deeper.

Lebanon will be in a rebuilding mode since El-Khatib has stated that he will not be playing for their NT anymore, while they will have to get a replacement for Vogel immediately.

Korea's Ha Seung-Jin will be back; their guards, however, will have their work cut out for them.

Kazakhstan's Anton Ponomarev will be a force to reckon with. He will need more help from the bench, though.

Jordan and Syria will both be strong. I am looking out for Syria's Correa and Jordan's Rasheim Wright. If Zaid Alkahs plays next year, they might just be looking at a podium finish.

Japan will depend on the Takeuchi twins to crowd the inside. If Tabuse plays for them, their chances will be much better. I haven't seen much from their other guards/wings, though, so I can't make an educated guess.

As for the Philippines, let's just say we don't have a team yet.
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano
        As for the Philippines, let's just say we don't have a team yet.
        when will the RP form a new team?? I can't wait to hear our new line up!
        hoping it would be composed of young talented athletes, who likes to run run and run! to wear off the chinese.

Comment

i would say that the phil will win it... hoping so much
          CONSISTENCY is what TRANSFORM average into excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by its_eman8211
            i would say that the phil will win it... hoping so much
            Philippines is too underrated.. pound for pound, we are the best country in asia.! all we need is Height, Height and more Height!

Comment

Either China, Lebanon or the Philippines... though as long as Yao Ming is still playing then don't even dream of qualifying in the finals... China's gonna win it...

But since I'm a Filipino... win or lose I'm with the RP Team...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
                Either China, Lebanon or the Philippines... though as long as Yao Ming is still playing then don't even dream of qualifying in the finals... China's gonna win it...
                well actually, we can, we need to use our advantage over China, which is speed.. and at the same time we should have our shooters on target at all times.and a bit of the word "LUCK".

Comment

Originally posted by joesmoove059
                  guys ! who do you think will have the upper hand in the FIBa asia 2009?? as much as possible, please answer regardless of your country.

I go for team Philippines of course! but honestly I think that Iran will be the threat, for they have had a lot of experience preparing for the Beijing Games! but never count out China, whose always been the favorite to win Asian championships! But I think this will be their biggest challenge because asian countries have improved a lot, some of which are Iran, Jordan, Philippines, Lebanon, Japan, Korea,Qatar. etc..
                  How can u say that the Philippines are the favorites in FIBA Asia 2009 if u guys don't have a team yet!!
                  R the Philippines going to be represented from PBL players? I hope the team deosn't withdraw or face any problems and that they do play in FIBA Asia 2009.
                  As for the favorites China are still the best team in Asia. Iran are currently a close second and I think Korea played really well in the pre-Olympic games so their team is quite competitive. Jordan's team is also quite good. Their team just won the William Jones Cup a few days ago. As for our Lebanese NT our team is currently in a restructuring phase so we're not in the best of conditions but we shouldn't be counted out.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
                    How can u say that the Philippines are the favorites in FIBA Asia 2009 if u guys don't have a team yet!!
                    all i said was "I go for team Philippines" i never said that we are the favourites. don't you know how to analyze a statement??

Comment

read the BOLD icons pls.

Comment

Yao, Wang, Yi and Sue should be banned to atleast balance the competition

Comment

read the BOLD icons pls.
                          I never said that I don't agree with u concerning the BOLD icons.
                          As for team Philippines when u said that u "go for team philippines" I thought u meant Phillippines will be the favorites in FIBA Asia 2009 in reply to ur question "who do you think will have the upper hand in the FIBA asia 2009??"

Hope u didn't get offended.

Comment

Pilipinas

Trans: The land of the three stars and a sun

Comment

Originally posted by raichu08
                              Pilipinas

Trans: The land of the three stars and a sun

all of the team that will participate had a chance to win, its just a matter on how dey play and execute the game.....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information