Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: European U20 championship

Quote Originally Posted by YYY
    Does anyone have the possibility to watch the games? I would like to hear some comments, especially about Lithuanians Kalnietis and Pocius.
    I do

The first half is over and Lithuania is not in a good position right now (36-44). You were doing fine until all Lith players started to throw the ball whenever they found it outside the perimeter. Greeks' outside shots also didn't fall in (except Sakota's), but they were more clever under the rim. Yes, they have a lot of size there!

Kalnietis (I guess this is the player, for whom Kestas is expecting a most bright future, right?) started great; with a drive & dunk over two defenders. But then he lost his rythm. Pocius also was impressive in the beginning, making all his shots all by good moves over the defender (8 points), but then he got 3rd foul and went to bench, finishing with 10 points.

the second half has begun. see you later!

Yep you can watch the games in Europe. NTV is on Turksat 1C, so if you can change the direction of your satellite to this direction, think it was 42°E.

The favourites of this tournament are Turkey and France imo, both have really strong teams.
    Watched the first half of Russia vs France and France looked really strong, especially Cisse.

http://www.fibaeurope-u20men.com/enDivB/ Here you have all results and games live

sariss or enyone else that saw the game between greece-lithuania please give information!
    http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
    Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Quote Originally Posted by Buducnost PG
    I have one question. Can Dusan Sakota play for Serbia or is this impossible because he is playing for Greece but only on the junior level? I don´t know why he is playing for Greece. He was born in Belgrade and his father had always good realationship with serbian basketball association.
    He can't.

Lithuania vs. Greece - 71-81
    Sakota 31pts+12rbs, Neofytidis 9pts+4ast, Lolas 6pts+6rbs, Pocius 13pts, Kalnietis 14pts+4ast, Dilys 18pts+15rbs, Butkevicius 8pts+9rbs

Croatia vs. Belarus - 64-58
    Batina 12pts+2rbs, Kovacevic 7pts+4rbs+1ast, Yafremau 17pts+12rbs+2ast

Poland led in 3rd quarter over Belgium Good game (another good game) play for Polish NT young prospect Michal Chylinski (btw. Chylinski in upcoming days will sign contract with Energa Czarni Slupsk) - in 3rd quarter ha have 17 points.

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    He can't.

Lithuania vs. Greece - 71-81
    Sakota 31pts+12rbs, Neofytidis 9pts+4ast, Lolas 6pts+6rbs, Pocius 13pts, Kalnietis 14pts+4ast, Dilys 18pts+15rbs, Butkevicius 8pts+9rbs

Croatia vs. Belarus - 64-58
    Batina 12pts+2rbs, Kovacevic 7pts+4rbs+1ast, Yafremau 17pts+12rbs+2ast
    Thank´s elaj. I was a little bit spurised about croatia. For me it is a very bad generation i thought they would be better. But Sakota is a nice player. But KSS have never show interest in him as i know. A little bit stupid.

Wow, what a beating Russia has suffered. It looks like they missed Shabalkin badly.

Anyway, even though there are no sexy names thare, France looks like a very solid squad. Mokongo and Curti are probably the best PG couple in the tournament, and both are excellent defenders. I can see them forcing Russian PGs to collapse. Cisse was a big question mark to me, as he barely has played in the last two years with Pau Orthez, but his stats have been really good.

I didn't have much faith in Spain, but I wasn't expecting a loss against Bulgaria (regardless the Ivanov twins).

I think Turkey emerges as the clear-cut favourite. Ilyasova and Akyol are torching Germany at this moment.

By the way, it's great to see that Tomic is playing with Croatia. Only 10 minutes and off the bench; I guess the coach is going carefully with him as he's coming off an injury.

Slovenia vs. Hungary - 92:60
    Preldzic 21pts+10rbs+5ast+4stl, Remus 14pts+3ast, Glavas 10pts+2rbs+4ast, Vidmar 13pts+6rbs, Hohler 11pts+2rbs, Perko 11pts+3ast+6stl, Toth 12pts+5rbs

Slovenia was leading already by +38 at the end of 3Q.

Turkey vs. Germany - 83:45
    Iyasova 22pts+4rbs, Akyol 20pts+2stl, Both 12pts+4rbs

missing 2 best guards I definately didn't expect this team is able to beat any opponent by such margin... even less with average Klobučar's game.

@Genjuro: Tomič might have big NBA potential and stuff, but from what I've seen so far Lalič showed more during the season, eventhough he is by far more limited player...

I didn't expect such an lousy game by Croatia either. I thought Kovačevič and Rudež should be dominating...

Poland vs. Belgium 90:79 YEAH

Most points for Poland - Chylinski 24, Kikowski 15, Kulig 13 and Woloszyn 9 ...

yeah good results and good game

Do you know why Sakota and Milosevic play for Greece? They are both serbian as I know. Or have they a greece mother?

Because they grew up in greece (they were not basketball imports like Stojakovic) and learnt playing basketball in Greece.

Slovenia always has good players from Bosnia. Mirza Begic last year and now Emir Preldzic. I think that are all boys which get to Slovenia when the War in BIH began.

I look at the Stats from Macedonia and their is a player named Aleksander Kostoski. He is born in 1988 but made a great game today against Suisse. 23p/4reb/3ast for a PG real good stats. I will try to find some more information about him.

Hahahahha Maras.Maras is the joke..Labovic should be starter on this team.Teodesic,Golubovic(Only real center of this generation),Stimac,Djurkovic
    got cut off.Also Rakic,Jereminov,Bakic and Velickovic all suck.Nikolic suck.Who got him the job.We are not going to win medal in this championship.

Pekovic is a tree.He has built good.But he is too raw.And he looks funny on the court.I dont like him either.

Slovenia always has good players from Bosnia. Mirza Begic last year and now Emir Preldzic. I think that are all boys which get to Slovenia when the War in BIH began.
    Begic was found by Olimpija and Preldzic by Slovan, both are now playing for Slovan. They didn't come to Slovenia before the war, but like 3-5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Srle
    Hahahahha Maras.Maras is the joke..Labovic should be starter on this team.Teodesic,Golubovic(Only real center of this generation),Stimac,Djurkovic
    got cut off.Also Rakic,Jereminov,Bakic and Velickovic all suck.Nikolic suck.Who got him the job.We are not going to win medal in this championship.
    What are you talking? When Maras was on the court our game was going. Labovic get his chance but was not good today. Maras played a very good season with Buducnost and also against strong teams so he has to be the starting PF but not this idiot Velickovic. As i said before Teodosic and Stimac or Golubovic would have to be on the Roster and not Velickovic and Jereminov or Bakic they are both bad. And especially Bakic didn´t play a lot last season because of injuries now he is on the roster.

But we have to cool down. Lavia seems to be the beste team after us in our group and Kalve, Jermonovas and Caravas made a great game today for them and the get a lot more calls then we did today.

But i agree with you, if we want to win a medale we have to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Srle
    Pekovic is a tree.He has built good.But he is too raw.And he looks funny on the court.I dont like him either.
    So one of the best Centers from the EC of last year is now bad and raw? Yes he is raw but we are talking about young players which still develop and bad games are normal. Have you seen Pekovic with Partizan this season? He was real good for his first season and the minutes he got their. Pekovic was not on his level today but everybody know that he is better then what he showed today. And Pekovic is never a three/SF. He has not a good shoot but he knows he to fight inside and is a good rebounder with a good defense.

The second half of Greece vs Lithuania game was not much different than the first one (I wrote about it above). Lithuanians was nervous and in panic, while the Greeks were smart and calm all the time.

Greece was strong inside with Sakota, Neofytidis, Toutziarakis. Sakota provided the outside scoring, too. When the Lithuania caught up them trough the end of the game, guards Milosevic and Mantzaris showed up, and buried Liths' hopes. in fact, Butkevicius made two really great blocks, and some good plays when they were getting close, but they couldn't stay calm, and the difference got bigger as the game ends. Pocius lost in the game too early due to his foul problem.

Turkey beat Germany easier than I expected. Ersan Ilyasova and Cenk Akyol substituted each other, Akyol being the starter. in the short time they were together on the court, they tried to play show-time bball, to which the coach got angry and took Akyol out. Major disappointment was Hakan Demirel, who got fouled-out in 15 mins, producing almost nothing.

Tomorrow's game against France is gonna be real tough!

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Begic was found by Olimpija and Preldzic by Slovan, both are now playing for Slovan. They didn't come to Slovenia before the war, but like 3-5 years ago.
    So you have robbed them from Bosnia. When i look at all the good players from BIH which are not playing for them (because of politic) i always think how dissapointed this must be for bosnian basketball fans. Planinic, Mamic, Avdalovic, Radmanovic etc. they are all from BIH or Republika Srpska.

But i think that the bosnian basketball association is stupid. A player like Bojan Bogdanovic was on the Camp with the BIH-Team and they said he is to weak for them. What idiots are working their? This boy is one of the most promissing talents in his age group.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast