Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Canada dumps Sam Dalembert

Default Team Canada dumps Sam Dalembert

A day after a horrendous performance vs Rasho Nesterovic, the big man from Haiti received 0 minute in the thriller 2-point win over Korea. Shortly after it was announced his services are no longer needed.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/bask...umps_dalember/

"He is not on the team," said Rautins when asked to explain Dalembert’s absence. "Everybody who’s here now wants to be here and wants to be a part of this team. If that’s not your agenda you’re not here."
    aim low, score high

I'd take Sam Dalambert over Rautins...heck I will take bag of **** over Rautins(both son and dad)
    47-70
    76-58

Gossip from Greece says that Dalambert made some statements on TV that were carried over to his coach who askeed for the "tapes" from Greek TV. Apparently, his statements were misread but the rest of the team voted to throw him out of the 12!

Steve Nash...Denham Brown...Samuel Dalembert...Canada is starting to assemble a pretty nice team of players who won't play for Rautins

MAN!!!! Rautins is such a bad coach..... Our team looks so disorganized on the floor. Rautins is great at recruiting players for our team but is a horrible coach. I think Canada should employ a foreign (hopefully European) coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JGX
    Steve Nash...Denham Brown...Samuel Dalembert...Canada is starting to assemble a pretty nice team of players who won't play for Rautins
    Add Juan Mendez to that list, he lead the NCAA in scoring his senior year.

Hmmm... would love to see the details of what happened... all I can get is some quotes that refer to dedication and commitment...

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxballer
    Rautins is great at recruiting players for our team
    Players like Nash, Brown, and now Dalembert?

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxballer
    Add Juan Mendez to that list, he lead the NCAA in scoring his senior year.
    He was up there but I think Keydren Clark was the scoring leader that year. Did he walk out on the team too? I thought he was cut in favor of Brempong? Not a good move by Rautins either way.

Save basketball, sack Rautins.

Rautins and Manolo are such a bad coach.
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Quote Originally Posted by JGX
    Players like Nash, Brown, and now Dalembert?

He was up there but I think Keydren Clark was the scoring leader that year. Did he walk out on the team too? I thought he was cut in favor of Brempong? Not a good move by Rautins either way.
    "was" great, Our teams have been deeper since he became coach. I don't think Dalembert would have played one game for us if Rautins didn't become coach.

On a side note, man Andy Rautins is such a waste of a roster spot.

Wow! It seems Rautins relationship with NBA players is just great

Sad news for the canadians, but I dont really like to see this "recruited foreigners" in the NTs.

Im OK If there is some kind of connection between the players and the country (like Francisco Elson and Netherlands) or the guy is playing in that country for years, but it´s hard to understand cases like Dalembert (maybe some canadian could explain me better the connection) and Chris Kaman.

BTW, It´s preety hard to a foreigner be naturalized brazilian, here. It´s very ironic, since nowdays we´re known as a country that usually send immigrators to entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by planaria
    Sad news for the canadians, but I dont really like to see this "recruited foreigners" in the NTs.

Im OK If there is some kind of connection between the players and the country (like Francisco Elson and Netherlands) or the guy is playing in that country for years, but it´s hard to understand cases like Dalembert (maybe some canadian could explain me better the connection) and Chris Kaman.
    As far as I know, his grandparents are germans, so IMO there is nothing wrong in that.
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Quote Originally Posted by Z.A.L.I.A.
    As far as I know, his grandparents are germans, so IMO there is nothing wrong in that.
    Looks like It was his great grandparents.

If you think like that, almost every american (and not only US people) could play for a european team.

I could play for Italia NT, for example.

Still, I dont have any connection with the country were my great grandparents borned.

BTW, It´s preety hard to a foreigner be naturalized brazilian, here. It´s very ironic, since nowdays we´re known as a country that usually send immigrators to entire world.
    I asked the same question concerning Dalembert and i received the following reply from Ajaxballer:

"His family moved to Canada when he was 13 and i think he lived here until he was about 17. His parents and siblings still live here so he wanted to become a Canadian citizen."

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80
    I asked the same question concerning Dalembert and i received the following reply from Ajaxballer:

"His family moved to Canada when he was 13 and i think he lived here until he was about 17. His parents and siblings still live here so he wanted to become a Canadian citizen."
    Now, that´s a legitm connection.

Looks like It was his great grandparents.

If you think like that, almost every american (and not only US people) could play for a european team.

I could play for Italia NT, for example.

Still, I dont have any connection with the country were my great grandparents borned.
    If your families origin does not bother you at all, then it's another story. . .

EDIT: You believe that living in some particular country means more than having real (blood) connection with that country ??? I'd say it's kinda strange attitude :S
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Quote Originally Posted by Z.A.L.I.A.
    If your families origin does not bother you at all, then it's another story. . .

EDIT: You believe that living in some particular country means more than having real (blood) connection with that country ??? I'd say it's kinda strange attitude :S
    It could be a bit hard for an european understand. But in America (either North, Central or South) our families came for begin a new nation. And we use to love our countries. Almost nobody care for the country where the great grandparent born, unless you´re trying to get a passport for immigration reasons.

Almost every country here had to even face a war against his former metropole.

So, yes is MUCH more common people here care more with the place that he and his parents born than with the place that his great great grandparents lived.

Again, it´d be completly different if Kaman has showed some kind of real connection with Germany (like spend most of his vacation there, service in the army, etc).

Again, it´d be completly different if Kaman has showed some kind of real connection with Germany (like spend most of his vacation there, service in the army, etc).
    he said buildings are the same, so the connection exists.. what more do you want?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast