Greg Slaughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    I have a feeling that Greg will be in nba.

Not kidding.

I am not saying as a Rotation Player. But as a last bench player or a practice player.

Greg is 7 feet tall. He will be useful in practices. Who knows?

If Singh can enter nba just because of his height, why not Greg?

I know some of you will laugh on this scenarion. But if that will happen, we must be proud of him.
    Not laughable but TOO optimistic. He needs all the stars to line up in order to sit his button an NBA bench.

Comment

Not kidding.

I am not saying as a Rotation Player. But as a last bench player or a practice player.

I know some of you will laugh on this scenarion. But if that will happen, we must be proud of him.
      this is what i'm trying to point on, there are at least 150 seven footers outside the NBA (this include G league players and younger players like Kai) but of course there are a lot more forwards and guards, and these are Europeans and Africans that play in Europe and in their separate leagues. Being a 7 foot player alone would not be a ticket to play in the NBA. If i was the coach,It would be more logical choose a 23-24 year old 6'10 player who could jump out the building and could pad more stats and has already played in Europe or in the US div.1 college, than an older 7 foot guy who is basically an unknown. Slaughter for marketing purposes? Let us remember what happened to India's Satnam Singh, well, to make the story short, it didn't panned out and that is India with basically a Billion viewers. Let us be more fair in our assessments.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• With his new Serbian agent, GS going back to the PBA is gonna be interesting to say the least. Does PBA have history of negotiating with foreign agents? Baka may "old ruling" na naman na mahalungkat lol. If GS will return to PBA, he will obviously negotiate for a "Gilas clause". I'm curious how Raznatovic will handle the negotiation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
          With his new Serbian agent, GS going back to the PBA is gonna be interesting to say the least. Does PBA have history of negotiating with foreign agents? Baka may "old ruling" na naman na mahalungkat lol. If GS will return to PBA, he will obviously negotiate for a "Gilas clause". I'm curious how Raznatovic will handle the negotiation.
          looks like he'll be playing in Europe or China.I think they dont think much about the age in China having an aging Hamed Heddadi, Douthit was not that young as well,same goes to Zaid Abbas and Stephon Marbury.I don't know about Europe but they also pay the players well in China,specially the Asian and the Foreign imports.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
            looks like he'll be playing in Europe or China.I think they dont think much about the age in China having an aging Hamed Heddadi, Douthit was not that young as well,same goes to Zaid Abbas and Stephon Marbury.I don't know about Europe but they also pay the players well in China,specially the Asian and the Foreign imports.
            I'm kinda hoping he comes back to the PBA with his new agent. Kinda curious where the negotiations will lead to. Might even expose some contract nego practices of pba.

Comment

Not kidding.

It is indeed laughable. You have players like Greg Monroe who was a loterry pick and averaged around 16 and 10 about 5 years ago and is in his prime of this career, but is not in the nba because of his style of play.

Slaughter is already 32, had acl injury and is a much much worse player than Monroe, how will he make it to the nba?

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                It is indeed laughable. You have players like Greg Monroe who was a loterry pick and averaged around 16 and 10 about 5 years ago and is in his prime of this career, but is not in the nba because of his style of play.

Slaughter is already 32, had acl injury and is a much much worse player than Monroe, how will he make it to the nba?
                Watched Monroe when he was old and washed up in Phoenix. Dude can do everything, shoot, post up, pass, and defend. His supposedly bad defense was overblown. But he had trouble keeping up with quicker players..The Suns played a lot better when he's on the floor. They did let him go so that he could join a playoff team. I support Greg's move but no way is he better than Monroe. Or a lot of those out of job NBA players.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post

Hahahaha. Well that is true

But I am not saying Greg will be a rotation player. He can be a practice player.

Or worse a Marketing Mascot Player to "bawi" the expenses loss by an nba team due to covid. Nba teams are losing big amount of money due to covid

Pretty much like Sitnam Singh of India situation. Hahaaha

Comment

Or worse a Marketing Mascot Player to "bawi" the expenses loss by an nba team due to covid. Nba teams are losing big amount of money due to covid

Dude...di kita talaga ma-gets. Marketing Mascot Player? What the heck is that?? If you mean he's gonna be the guy standing at the entrance of the basketball arena wearing a "Barney Dinosaur" suit...pwede pa LOL!

Satnam Singh never got to play a single game I believe in the NBA. And his career in the NBA G league stint was forgettable.
                    Originally posted by PeeZones
                    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• You are all so harsh on greg.

I thought most of you do not want "crab mentality". But most of you showing it.

I just meant Greg can MAYBE a practice player.

If you do not agree. Fine.

Comment

Hahahaha. Well that is true

But I am not saying Greg will be a rotation player. He can be a practice player.

Medyo reach na yang sinasabi mo Math No NBA team would waste on a slot for that kind of purpose. Also, I think the Filipino market is well tapped na naman by the NBA. What really is lacking is who can broke the barrier and have the distinction of being the first one in terms of a Filipino NBA player.

Best bet would be Kai of course, but I doubt they will draft him based on being a tall Filipino player, he will be drafted because he really has a potential and he can really play.

I don't know what's the purpose of getting Greg as an end of the bench guy. Good point on the poster above regarding Greg Monroe.

Comment

• Ok. Fine.. Mali na ako.

Maiba tayo. Off topic.

Aside from Kai,Sage,and Lopez.

Another Filipino Tall Player is offered by EWP. I cannot reveal it yet. You can guess if you want. Hehe.

I think someone posted the same in aj edu group

Comment

You are all so harsh on greg.

I thought most of you do not want "crab mentality". But most of you showing it.

I just meant Greg can MAYBE a practice player.

If you do not agree. Fine.
                            Its not about having "crab mentality", its about managing certain "expectations with reality." Again I said I admired Greg's convictions and more power to him...pero the scenario you just gave is VERY likely not going to happen. Yun lang.
                            Originally posted by PeeZones
                            Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                              Why CBA if there's already B. League!! Greg can play in the B. League.. he can post good numbers there.. or some low tier European leagues..
                              pwede rin,definitely not in the PBA because he's really vocal about it,baka pwede sa OZ NBL,there was an Indian player playing there I dont know if he's still playing but i think theyre Welcome to the idea of getting Asian players

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                                Its not about having "crab mentality", its about managing certain "expectations with reality." Again I said I admired Greg's convictions and more power to him...pero the scenario you just gave is VERY likely not going to happen. Yun lang.
                                Exactly. Making it in a league that pays much more plus with better competition will be a positive. He can be the one to open more doors to uaap players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information